View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 New Badge Market Item 

Right this idea is very raw, literally spitballing it around in legion comm

Name
Tiltaa OR Saelonid OR Shinegg, Warrior Ally
(Attila the Hun..... Leonidas of Sparta..... Genghis Khan, some of the most famous warriors of history)

Medal points required: 1200

Cost to Purchase: 500 Red Badges

Initial Stats
(havent really thought these out tbf)

Attack +200
Cloak +150

Unlocks at rank 30

Hull + 200

Unlocks at rank 60

+5% Passive attack bonus
+200 Defense

Unlocks at rank 100

Activated ability: Neutron Injection. Allows for rapid volley of 10 shots to an NPC for 50 energy. Lasts for 2 hours costs 3 reds to activate.

Ally ranks by disabling the number of players (in your rank range) of the next rank. For example to get it to rank 2, you must disable 2 players, to rank 3, 3 players, rank 4, 4 players.

Pros

Will get people PvPing again
Neutron Injection ability should help with the clicking issue
Not too OP
Will give you more reds for base scanning, as it ranks from the kill, not the red badge gained....

Cons

Extreme high rankers will struggle to rank it
High badge costs (5550 to get it to rank 100) may put some off (although I don't think things should be easy to get....

As I say, this idea was thought up in a 2 minute comm chat, so feedback is more than welcome..

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:28 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMmm nom nom nom,, as I have 534 reds on hand now, i support more allies. The ranking seems rough..but the principle is cool.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 pm

juiceman wrote:
MMMMMMMMMMMmm nom nom nom,, as I have 534 reds on hand now, i support more allies. The ranking seems rough..but the principle is cool.

Yeah I didn't want to make it too easy to rank. The 60-100 would be one heck of a slog, but if they want their clicking reduced that badly, people will make the effort.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:15 pm

Maybe if the ranking was adjusted down somehow...over 5500 reds to max it would pretty much kill anyone above level 800 or so from ever getting it. To make the leaderboard now you need almost 5700 kills.

I'm betting lower ranks are doing tons of pvp already based on the high k/d people i see from time to time as they slowly filter into higher ranks and start halcing.

So no criticism, but still refinement needed.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:29 am

Think through the badge cost to obtain and rank it a bit better will ya ;)

That said it's still an ally for the lazy person, so would be a waste of time to obtain anyway.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:23 am

one question, the ability

umbongo wrote:
Activated ability: Neutron Injection. Allows for rapid volley of 10 shots to an NPC for 50 energy. Lasts for 2 hours costs 3 reds to activate.

does it target 1 NPC, where you can fire volleys at it for the next 2 hours.

or

all NPC's you get on scanner for the next 2 hours ?

think, you mean the last one.
but that one will be hard to programe as you have a lot of exeptions on NPC's you shouldnt be able to kill, and theire isnt realy any point in adding the option to NPC's you can kill with 1 shoot anyway

the easy way to do it, would proberly be to make it 2 abilityes on the alliey itself

one ability to arm the guns - cost 3 red badges, last 2 hours and have a cooldown of 20 or 40 hours
one ability to fire the guns - cost 50 energy, and can only be used when ability 1 is active

as for ranking it....

Quote:
Ally ranks by disabling the number of players (in your rank range) of the next rank. For example to get it to rank 2, you must disable 2 players, to rank 3, 3 players, rank 4, 4 players.

that is almost to easy, it only 2+3+5+6+....+98+99+100 = 5K kills is a added it up corectly (used the quick estimate 49,5 * (100+2) = 5049 kills)
some players will be able to do 300 kills pr day = 17 days to max it

so personaly I would prefere an ability with a 20 hours cooldown, that cost 10 red badges and 500 energy to activade
more or less like the Cuniculus, Lepus Adjutant, Bainar, Systems Cracker, Thraccti and Scruuge Defector

that way it might only take 990 kills, but you still get a minimum of 20 * 99 = 1.980 hours = 83 days
and gives everyone no matter rank, the same chance to max it at the minimum time requirement

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:15 am

Dark,

Who exactly would be getting 5049 kills in those 17 days? Just saying :P

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:43 pm

can usealy get 50 kills + raids in less then 3 hours juiceman when I go PvP hunting...
and with 7K decks my ship isnt even designed for PvP....

and I have seen ships with a action count around 180 to 200 more then once during those runs
most players just stop, when they can't use TM's to raid anymore, as the number of red badges you need are limited compaired to the 3K yellow you need to max your CK69 Assault Sentry

and unlike badges, for this you would be able to get credits for killing the same ship 10+ times pr day
so if you find someone who wants to play "football" with you, it wont be hard to get those kills

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Ok, good point on the kills, but i thought he said reds....maybe i misread. If the level was kills, that could be abused..if it's reds...not as much. I still think it wouldn;t be worth getting disabled hundreds of times to earn. Not super OP item in the first place. I also have high deck count and gather chunks of badges on my runs, but 5500 give or take is a lot. The fact that only 50 people have 5700 or more as we speak is a testament that its not super easy to do. Even the ones who obviously made their living eating free kills on alerts and laughables don;t have an obscene amount.

If someone could do it in 17 days, wowsers...go them. I guess if you had alts or friends willing to spam you then die endlessly then the abuse would be high ...but the ability would have to merit such a time and e expenditure. Personally i find it distasteful that people milk badges and hacks/raids as-is...but am not overly concerned that so many would work so hard to essentially beat the system to rank one ally on kills.

just my opinion

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:20 pm

No to an ally that uses red badges as we will never not have a use for them.

Those building up red badges... well you don't scan bases enough.

I would much prefer a ally that used green badges over red.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:12 am

Personally i'd love a 'vampire' ally. Would be great timing for Bane season. HAve it rank up by eating 1 badge of each color AND maybe 1 level from another ally you have. Among the stepped abilities could be cloak (topical) and perhaps some % leeching effect on hull/shields during attack. Ultimate-----pumps out a 'dark castle' or some such every 40 hours for a price.. Castle adds cloak structure for planet.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:00 pm

juiceman wrote:
Personally i'd love a 'vampire' ally. Would be great timing for Bane season. HAve it rank up by eating 1 badge of each color AND maybe 1 level from another ally you have. Among the stepped abilities could be cloak (topical) and perhaps some % leeching effect on hull/shields during attack. Ultimate-----pumps out a 'dark castle' or some such every 40 hours for a price.. Castle adds cloak structure for planet.

Interesting idea, but I would say no to that since we already have a Halloween Ally. If anything, if there is to be a new ally, maybe it should be for harvest or q-pedds since neither of those have allies.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Brace yourselves... Long-ish post incoming, will try and answer all the comments.

juiceman wrote:
Maybe if the ranking was adjusted down somehow...over 5500 reds to max it would pretty much kill anyone above level 800 or so from ever getting it. To make the leaderboard now you need almost 5700 kills.

I'm betting lower ranks are doing tons of pvp already based on the high k/d people i see from time to time as they slowly filter into higher ranks and start halcing.

So no criticism, but still refinement needed.

Re-read the OP. It is only 500 reds required, for the initial purchase. You don't spend reds to rank it, the disables are what ranks it.

As I said before, I didnt want it to be easy to rank, but also wanted it to cause a sustained increase in PvPing.

Lower ranks likely wouldn't be able to get it. I can't imagine too many of them have the medal points required until higher levels (I may actually say it needs a higher medal points total- 1500??)

Oh it definitely needs refinement... the whole idea is very raw.

kirkeastment wrote:
Think through the badge cost to obtain and rank it a bit better will ya ;)

That said it's still an ally for the lazy person, so would be a waste of time to obtain anyway.

Re-read the OP will ya ;)

500 badges to obtain- not too rough, easily attainable with a few days or weeks of sustained PvPing (High rankers will struggle I know...)
000 badges to rank- As I say, re-read the OP. It doesn't use red badges to rank it.

The ability is for lazy people, I agree, but at least it may do something to make them quit moaning about having to click more than they like...

DarkMar wrote:
one question, the ability

umbongo wrote:

does it target 1 NPC, where you can fire volleys at it for the next 2 hours.

or

all NPC's you get on scanner for the next 2 hours ?

think, you mean the last one.
but that one will be hard to programe as you have a lot of exeptions on NPC's you shouldnt be able to kill, and theire isnt realy any point in adding the option to NPC's you can kill with 1 shoot anyway

the easy way to do it, would proberly be to make it 2 abilityes on the alliey itself

one ability to arm the guns - cost 3 red badges, last 2 hours and have a cooldown of 20 or 40 hours
one ability to fire the guns - cost 50 energy, and can only be used when ability 1 is active

as for ranking it....

Quote:

that is almost to easy, it only 2+3+5+6+....+98+99+100 = 5K kills is a added it up corectly (used the quick estimate 49,5 * (100+2) = 5049 kills)
some players will be able to do 300 kills pr day = 17 days to max it

so personaly I would prefere an ability with a 20 hours cooldown, that cost 10 red badges and 500 energy to activade
more or less like the Cuniculus, Lepus Adjutant, Bainar, Systems Cracker, Thraccti and Scruuge Defector

that way it might only take 990 kills, but you still get a minimum of 20 * 99 = 1.980 hours = 83 days
and gives everyone no matter rank, the same chance to max it at the minimum time requirement

I do like your idea for having a two stage ability, one to arm the weapon for 2 hours, then one to fire it. Definitely better than what I was thinking (it just being available for everything) and probably would cause less issues.

Show me a player with 1200 medal points (still think that 1500 points may be better) who can, and will, get 300 kills a day and I will be pretty impressed. I have to say I disagree that it could be ranked in 17 days... I think it would take quite a time to actually rank it. The first 20 ranks would be quick, but it would take a long time after that to rank it.

I actively tried to avoid the Bainar/Thraacti method of ranking. Red badges are too useful for base scanning to use to rank it.

DarkMar wrote:
can usealy get 50 kills + raids in less then 3 hours juiceman when I go PvP hunting...
and with 7K decks my ship isnt even designed for PvP....

and I have seen ships with a action count around 180 to 200 more then once during those runs
most players just stop, when they can't use TM's to raid anymore, as the number of red badges you need are limited compaired to the 3K yellow you need to max your CK69 Assault Sentry

and unlike badges, for this you would be able to get credits for killing the same ship 10+ times pr day
so if you find someone who wants to play "football" with you, it wont be hard to get those kills

Thats a nice flaw you pointed out. Hows about add a requirement that it only ranks if you get a badge from it?

juiceman wrote:
Ok, good point on the kills, but i thought he said reds....maybe i misread. If the level was kills, that could be abused..if it's reds...not as much. I still think it wouldn;t be worth getting disabled hundreds of times to earn. Not super OP item in the first place. I also have high deck count and gather chunks of badges on my runs, but 5500 give or take is a lot. The fact that only 50 people have 5700 or more as we speak is a testament that its not super easy to do. Even the ones who obviously made their living eating free kills on alerts and laughables don;t have an obscene amount.

If someone could do it in 17 days, wowsers...go them. I guess if you had alts or friends willing to spam you then die endlessly then the abuse would be high ...but the ability would have to merit such a time and e expenditure. Personally i find it distasteful that people milk badges and hacks/raids as-is...but am not overly concerned that so many would work so hard to essentially beat the system to rank one ally on kills.

just my opinion

I will add an edit to the OP that it requires you to get a badge hit to rank it.

Hallucinations wrote:

Hall, go back to the OP. It doesn't use up badges to rank. If anything this would help base scanning as people would be building up a store of 5050 reds to max rank it.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:12 pm

Quote:

500 badges to obtain- not too rough, easily attainable with a few days or weeks of sustained PvPing (High rankers will struggle I know...)
000 badges to rank- As I say, re-read the OP. It doesn't use red badges to rank it.

The ability is for lazy people, I agree, but at least it may do something to make them quit moaning about having to click more than they like...

500 Reds for the ally = roughly 80 days of PvP for me, so 3 months of work to get the ally.

0 badges used to rank(but you need to get badges to rank it), so 5050 kills(of those in badge range) so thats 10x the previous cost to get the ally, so 800 days to rank to 100 or 2 and a bit years roughly speaking. Not bloody likely lol.

So yeah, re-read the OP, still not worth it.

Perhaps you should ask Hallucinations how he feels, considering he's already made it clear he can't stand me badging him daily.... imagine if i had to start badging him twice a day(badges every 12 hours) to rank this ally.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Quote:

500 Red = roughly 80 days of PvP for me, so 3 months of work to get the ally.

0 badges to rank, but 5550 kills(of those in badge range) so thats 11x the previous cost, so 880 days to rank to 100 or 2 1/3 years roughly speaking. Not bloody likely lol.

So yeah, re-read the OP, still not worth it.

Can you not admit that you are in somewhat a different case to the majority of the player base? Being one of the higher ranked players in the game, yes you will have far fewer targets and it would take much longer to do it, but you did choose to rank ahead of PvP targets...

Not worth it for you... but for players who still have targets, I would say it is massively worth it, and it is definitely worth it for aiding the flagging state of PvP

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:21 pm

umbongo wrote:
Can you not admit that you are in somewhat a different case to the majority of the player base? Being one of the higher ranked players in the game, yes you will have far fewer targets and it would take much longer to do it, but you did choose to rank ahead of PvP targets...

Not worth it for you... but for players who still have targets, I would say it is massively worth it, and it is definitely worth it for aiding the flagging state of PvP

Of course i can admit that i've outranked a lot of the player base, but even with me outranking most of the game content i'm still around and playing this game, which is more than i can say for the thousands that have quit in the last 2-3 years, as well as those who pretty much don't play the game, but just spend their day using their talth ability, hitting just the worthwhile NPC's, killing a few players(10-50 at most) and tapping bases.

By the very fact that i am still playing this game, i am entitled to an opinion, despite my rank. My opinion is that an ally that requires 5k+ player kills to obtain is not in the best interest to those that play this game. I have played this game for over 3 years, and i still don't have 5k Player Kills.

As it stands right now there are maybe 100 people(out of what would you say.... 10k players? 5k players?) who have 5k+ Player Kills, and they've likely all been playing 3+ years, most probably have 4 years of gameplay. So i am basing this off of pure numbers and interest in PvP.

I do not believe for a second that people will want to "try" and rank this item(i've yet to see more than 20 people rank the yellow badge module, and that requires far fewer badges). Any ranking of this Ally will be coincidental ranking, by which i mean it will rank as a result of regular PvP which at most will be around 52 kills a day, but with that said, nobody kills 52 people a day(99% kill players to raid them too), every day as evidenced by the kills leaderboard. :)

I personally cannot see enough interest from the remaining(5k?) players of this game, to warrant the introduction of an ally that takes 5k+ player kills to obtain and rank just to obtain that ability. It will take the "average" player 6-10 years or more to rank that thing, again, based on the kills leaderboard.

I am not trying to belittle your idea, nor place my ideology above yours, but for me personally, there is nothing that can be introduced into this game that will increase the amount of PvP that people will participate in, especially not an ally with an ability that won't even be useful by the time they can use it.

Assuming they participate in all facets of the game(NPC, Bases, Missions(Daily, Timed, Legion, Regular) by the time they max that ally they should be close to rank 1800 or thereabouts, by this time they should be 1-3 shotting every NPC they can see(and will almost have lost every Elite NPC(which imo the ability shouldn't be usable against anyway).

So the ability of the ally is nullified in all but a few circumstances;

1: Encountering a Dark Mass Carrier @Rank 2200+
2: Legion Mission NPC's. 8 of which can be dispelled using the Raix ability every 20 hours, so 24/30 in a 60 hour period, meaning your brand new 5500 kills ability lets you more easily kill 6 NPC's, and that's only if you do that task.

In the meantime, to obtain all those additional kills has likely cost you 100-400+ ranks of xp that could have been better spent on bases(crystals), NPC'ing(tf's/fluxes) and other nice things.

As for PvP dying away, most of my legion PvP's at a rate that allows us to scan bases(when required) and gather badge items when needed, no more than that though. In general, people do not want to PvP more than they have too, as evidenced by just how few players are interested in, let alone maxed out, the CK69 Assault Sentry, despite its 6% hull Bonus.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:46 pm

umbongo wrote:
I do like your idea for having a two stage ability, one to arm the weapon for 2 hours, then one to fire it. Definitely better than what I was thinking (it just being available for everything) and probably would cause less issues.

Show me a player with 1200 medal points (still think that 1500 points may be better) who can, and will, get 300 kills a day and I will be pretty impressed. I have to say I disagree that it could be ranked in 17 days... I think it would take quite a time to actually rank it. The first 20 ranks would be quick, but it would take a long time after that to rank it.

I actively tried to avoid the Bainar/Thraacti method of ranking. Red badges are too useful for base scanning to use to rank it.

If I had 4 to 6 hours pr day I wanted to spendt on PvP, I could proberly get 100+ kills pr day
rank 1500'ish and have Total Medal Points Awarded: 1920 of 2325

yesterday I got my 50 kills/raids in around 2 hours - but how long it takes dependt mostly on how many Halcyon Trap I have to set off to get my 50 kills,

theire are a lot of players that have a mutch better ship for PvP them me.
it might not be 300 kills pr day, but if I can log 50 kills in 2 hours, theire are a lot of players that will be able to log 100+ or even 200+ kills pr day

personaly I just preferer doing other things in the game, so usealy do a run like that 1 or 2 times pr week, instead of every day

umbongo wrote:
DarkMar wrote:
unlike badges, for this you would be able to get credits for killing the same ship 10+ times pr day

Thats a nice flaw you pointed out. Hows about add a requirement that it only ranks if you get a badge from it?

requiring the hit to get a badge for the alliey to get a rank would work for me
that way we dont get another "football" exploid where 2 ships take all defence ofline and take turns killing each other to rank it.

I would still like a max 1 rank pr 20 hours limit on it as well, to so we dont get someone that go into combat frenzy and tryes to max it in less then 1 week, but that not a must...

if I do a 50 Kills PvP run every day, that would then take me 101 days to max, so not mutch difrence betwen that or doing a max 1 rank pr day limit

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:46 pm

umbongo wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:

Hall, go back to the OP. It doesn't use up badges to rank. If anything this would help base scanning as people would be building up a store of 5050 reds to max rank it.

"Cost to Purchase: 500 Red Badges"

If it uses red badges in anyway its going to be a -1 for me.
And I think that is why there is not an ally that uses red badges already.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:15 pm

My guess is the idea is more to provide more options...not to drive everyone to the ally.. Most allies are worth having, imho, and certainly all the newer ones people have madly raced to max. I think that is one of a couple of the complaints there seem to be against this idea. The other would be scale for ranking, and the other main one is game playability by time it would be acquired.

As far as everyone wanting it, thats not really a supreme mandate on whether something could/should be implemented.
As far as scale, that obviously could be altered ..and the adjust to have a 20 hour cooldown to rank seems like the standard answer based on past allies released.
As far as playability, i think that would be more determinant on the first two tenets.

In fairness the other way, if it was NOt easily (few months rather than years) doable, or if it was something so few would probably do or want --then probably a waste to pursue. The catch there is such a small slice of the player base uses the forum, it would almost take an ingame vote to get even a relativistic input. (if that had to occur, then you can flush ideas like this down the drain)

I still like the premise behind this. Too many people seem perplexed that pvp is down, difficult, or dirty...so any ideas to stir thoughts on reviving it seem positive.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]