View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 [Idea to reduce clicks for putting rank points] 

The problem we have these days in galaxy legion are caused by large amounts of clicks to put on rank points because of high rescued prisoner gains from artifact production, so I propose an idea to reduce these tedious clicks with a more efficient method.

The Idea

When spending rank points, ships will have the ability of inputing a value (number) of how many points they want to put into the stat and also having a confirm button, while showing the changes applied near the stat bonus when they apply the number of stat points.

Example:

A ship has 100 rank points and wants to apply 100 rank points to tactical officers only and wants to know the final results of the attack boost before confirming the applied stat bonus. If he changes his mind, he can say no to the confirm button and keep his original stats to put points on something else.

3 clicks to use 100 rank points is much more efficient than clicking 100 times to increase stats with rank points and makes it easy to input stats for people , so they will have decreased problems putting on rank points on a laggy phone or internet connection.

The final attack bonus will show to the left like this before confirming:

-> 1200

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:35 am

The Reason it won't happen

Because Dan wants us to click MORE...... not less.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 am

swinephil wrote:

Why?

I thought he was trying to keep players instead of losing them by having a more team oriented galaxy legion experience and to give long lasting and usable rewards.

Rewards given by strong elites are probably not good enough for you then and I find artifacts dropped by anything useful in their own way no matter how many clicks I need to get them.

By telling me he wants us to click more makes me believe that you have a legion that does not do very well with strong elites.

From a legion with strong active, members, I kill npcs with my legion mates quite quickly with lesser clicks because people in my legion often deal max damage to them.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:29 am

Honestly, as with every time I see a suggestion along this line, I immediately think that anyone who can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes a day permanently improving their ship probably doesn't deserve to have their ship improved.
For me, it's a very easy choice, but may not suit collectors as much.

There are people with far higher AP than me who are only too happy to add prisoners as they go and I certainly know that from where I sit the imposition is by no means a great hardship time wise.

Would I prefer to add 200 attack in a minute or two, or can't I be bothered to click a button 100 times?
Choices, choices... especially when I will click for an hour to take down a base or for many hours chasing NPCs.

So far as knowing what your attack may be at the end, I don't think that is really necessary given how simple the calculation is and that more attack is generally better whatever the number is.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:30 am

Deigobene wrote:
Honestly, as with every time I see a suggestion along this line, I immediately think that anyone who can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes a day permanently improving their ship probably doesn't deserve to have their ship improved.

There are people with far higher AP than me who are only too happy to add prisoners as they go and I certainly know that from where I sit the imposition is by no means a great hardship time wise.

Would I prefer to add 200 attack in a minute or two, or can't I be bothered to click a button 100 times?
Choices, choices... especially when I will click for an hour to take down a base or for many hours chasing NPCs.

So far as knowing what your attack may be at the end, I don't think that is really necessary given how simple the calculation is and that more attack is generally better whatever the number is.

so you have decent net that lets you do 100 clicks per minute, but what if it's more like 1 click per minute? I had that experience when I spent a month in China, had to jump over walls just to get to GL(facebook in general actually). Certainly not gonna NPC in that kind of situation but unable to use artifacts and rank point is just annoying.
So I had to just collect them and wait until I came back, at which points I spend hours clicking...

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:45 am

Uy23e wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

so you have decent net that lets you do 100 clicks per minute, but what if it's more like 1 click per minute? I had that experience when I spent a month in China, had to jump over walls just to get to GL(facebook in general actually). Certainly not gonna NPC in that kind of situation but unable to use artifacts and rank point is just annoying.
So I had to just collect them and wait until I came back, at which points I spend hours clicking...

Isolated instances don't justify changes. Like GoDiegoGo said, anyone that can spend any significant amount of time NPCing or PvPing, should not open their mouths about using their ship-building artifacts.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:46 am
Profile WWW

For those of you who are all for clicking more. How about Dan change ONLY YOUR accounts so that you have to click 10 times more than you do currently to do the same things your doing now? (The rest of us will stay where it's at.) After all, your argument is more clicking is better. So let's have that change implemented and you can tell us all how much better the game is. lol

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:23 pm

make it a mod that costs gp.
work in some kind of gp maintenance cost/ use cost as well.

gives an option to do this for those who complain of the clicks, but is not a necessary thing for those who dont care about doing it.
should be so that it makes enough to more than cover the possible loss of revenue due to less play time overall.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm curious as to why you think there would be a loss of revenue due to less play time overall?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Shadeslayer wrote:
I'm curious as to why you think there would be a loss of revenue due to less play time overall?

Do you spend money on games you really dont play?
It tends that most people do not.
The amount of money spent in free to play model games tends to positively correlate to the amount of time spent playing said games.
Less time playing clicking is less time invested into the game and less attachment to it due to time already spent.
This makes it easier to quit or even just not spend anything.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 pm

How many clicks did it take to create this worthless post?

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Click reduction for the most boring and tedious parts of the game is an absolute terrible, awful, pathetic and just plain horrible idea that will kill the game all together. I mean, we dont want to give people more time to do what they actually enjoy about the game. Hell no, lets force them keep spending 10+ minutes a day cashing in their artis. Everyone must make sure they spend them every single day religiously and not let them build up at all or you shall be dubbed lazy and useless.Its your own darn fault because you let them build up too much and you deserve to have to click 1000s of times to use what you should have been using each and every single day no matter what. lazy @#$%s.

And how bout them there collectors we have in this here game. Life should be made difficult for them because they are not "true players" of the game and deserve nothing. It means nothing to us that they add to the overall population of the game, they're just collectors and deserve nothing.

Oh and what about them there people who were daily players for years but now have real life issues that keep their gaming time at a minimum. Well, it was nice having you around for your really active days but now that your time is limited, you are no more use to us. Anyone who doesnt log in at least 20 minutes each and every day of their lives to make sure they use their artis/RPs each and every day mean nothing to the game, the developers or the community. Those people should all just quit now, its not like we have a dwindling population already or nothin, hell no, we have plenty of players to last a lifetime.

Then there's the people who have devoted years to the game in which they have achieved high ranks and an awesome AP per hour, bought lots of storages and get tons of artis each pull. Well, if the AP lvl they have reached because they worked so hard to get there is giving them too many artis per day to collect in a timely fashion, then screw them, tough luck....I guess they should have thought of that before being so successful at this game. If we allow people to "easily" claim their ship building artis or rank points that they have been building up over time, well that might allow them to get stronger, oh no no, we cant have that. We cant have people getting stronger ships off of artis that they EARNED, that would be sacrilegious. Lazy @#$%s shouldnt have let them build up so much. Not to mention the fact that spending 1k rank points daily as you get them doesnt give as much as spending 1k rank points all at once...Oh wait, its EXACTLY the same, my bad...

Theres also people like me who like to let those artis and rank points build up, its just a personal preference because claiming daily only shows slight increases that are hardly noticeable but if i build them up and spend all at once, I see stat changes that actually make me happy. But screw me too and my weird way of doing things. I dont deserve to be able to easily spend these artis/rank points because I have gone "against the grain" on how people think the game should be played. Damn my rebellious nature!!!! I deserve nothing!!!!

Theres probably other reasons that people out there dont cash in every day but screw them too, their reasons mean nothing to us.

Lets not forget too that if Dan put in click reduction for cashing in artis/rank points, well that might cause some people to be able to log out 10 minutes earlier than they normally would if they had to spend that 10 minutes clicking artis/RPs and we all know that that would just destroy the game... Hmmmm, maybe though some people have a set amount of time to play each day and if they dont spend much of their time using artis/RPs, then they might have to spend that time doing things they actually enjoy, keeping their interest in the game even longer... God forbid!

-1 to this idea because it only caters to the lazy, worthless and stubborn players and I say screw them!! They are not worthy!!

--------- For the really dense people out there, this post was written in total sarcasm and smart assery.

+1 to click reduction for spending artis and rank points.. I also like the idea of putting a number value in so you can easily spend rank points on different parts of your crew.

-1 to any idea for click reduction involving npc, pvp, missions or basing..(these are the fun parts of the game unlike spending artis and rank points, if you dont enjoy the clicking on these parts of the game, maybe this, or other FB games are not for you because they all involve clicking).We cant reduce all the clicking but I see no reason why we cant reduce "some" of the more tedious clicking.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

I still think the only viable option that will tempt Dan is if he gives us repeatable missions with high energy costs and no xp gains that consume multiples of artifacts.

10 rounds
Each round costs 10 android helmsman and 100 energy
On completion you get an android helmsman squadron which just the same thing as a android helmsman except 100x larger

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:37 pm

I want to have an arena where the ships bots arm themselves with crimson obelisk weapons and take on the helmsmen with cloning pods strapped on.

How bout 100 ship bots...10 round completion...acquire 1 i-robot token. Token only good to make plurvion's ship look like a piece of lime jello.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:15 pm

KJReed wrote:
Shadeslayer wrote:

Do you spend money on games you really dont play?
It tends that most people do not.
The amount of money spent in free to play model games tends to positively correlate to the amount of time spent playing said games.
Less time playing clicking is less time invested into the game and less attachment to it due to time already spent.
This makes it easier to quit or even just not spend anything.

I dunno about you, I can auto rank on NPC even during seasonal+LM. If I'm gonna play the game, I can play for as long as I want, as I'd always have things to do. The clicking on those other stuff is NOT keeping me around any longer than it would otherwise.

For anyone else that finds those artifacts time consuming to use, this is probably also true. The lower ranked players who can't autorank indefinitely probably also don't pull enough to make it time consuming to use anyway.

So what exactly is your point?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Shadeslayer wrote:
For those of you who are all for clicking more. How about Dan change ONLY YOUR accounts so that you have to click 10 times more than you do currently to do the same things your doing now? (The rest of us will stay where it's at.) After all, your argument is more clicking is better. So let's have that change implemented and you can tell us all how much better the game is. lol

Nope, my point is simply that I don't feel that a couple of hundred clicks a day that permanently increase my ship strength is really a huge time cost.
For me the benefit outweighs the "cost".

I still enjoy adding TOs and engineers and can honestly say it has never worried me... if it ever did, I'd simply do a few and take a break, then rinse and repeat.

I am not asking for more clicks, I am just saying I can happily live with what we have now, as I spend far more time doing game stuff that requires far more clicking.
Basically, progress and strength in the game requires heaps of clicking, whether purger mission, scanning, NPCing, base attacks... for me, adding TOs is the actual reward.

I think it's fair to say that I have clicked more times in just over 2 years of play than the vast majority of players, so I don't really don't feel bad about adding my opinion.

I also don't care if people want to be collectors and/or let their Rank points build up so they can feel like they've suddenly made a drastic improvement, but that's a choice people make, and the price of that is clicking more in a single session.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:29 am

Deigobene wrote:
Shadeslayer wrote:

Nope, my point is simply that I don't feel that a couple of hundred clicks a day that permanently increase my ship strength is really a huge time cost.
For me the benefit outweighs the "cost".

I still enjoy adding TOs and engineers and can honestly say it has never worried me... if it ever did, I'd simply do a few and take a break, then rinse and repeat.

I am not asking for more clicks, I am just saying I can happily live with what we have now, as I spend far more time doing game stuff that requires far more clicking.
Basically, progress and strength in the game requires heaps of clicking, whether purger mission, scanning, NPCing, base attacks... for me, adding TOs is the actual reward.

I think it's fair to say that I have clicked more times in just over 2 years of play than the vast majority of players, so I don't really don't feel bad about adding my opinion.

I also don't care if people want to be collectors and/or let their Rank points build up so they can feel like they've suddenly made a drastic improvement, but that's a choice people make, and the price of that is clicking more in a single session.

I'm with Diego, I don't want more clicking, in fact I'd love it if I could add multiple artis with a couple of clicks.

But this has been hashed around for most of the 2 years I've been here, and nothing's happened yet, so don't hold your breathe. :|

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:06 am

Ludis wrote:
swinephil wrote:

Why?

I thought he was trying to keep players instead of losing them by having a more team oriented galaxy legion experience and to give long lasting and usable rewards.

Rewards given by strong elites are probably not good enough for you then and I find artifacts dropped by anything useful in their own way no matter how many clicks I need to get them.

By telling me he wants us to click more makes me believe that you have a legion that does not do very well with strong elites.

From a legion with strong active, members, I kill npcs with my legion mates quite quickly with lesser clicks because people in my legion often deal max damage to them.

Ludis, you assume and make an ass of u and me..... My legion has no problem with any of the NPC elites or bosses that we can see, I can easily do extra damage if needed. :lol:

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:09 am

I can't even click through 20 minutes without my hand cramping up...

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:30 am

We're not the only ones assuming here and at first, I thought you wanted more clicks and wanted more bad rewards for the clicks taken to achieve them.

Im not entirely sure that Dan wants us to click more either because Im not Dan so I wanted to confirm with you about that.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next