View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Make SSBS cap on other ships with whatever their own cap is 

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Rank + 19/2
Example rank 101 ssb can only hit other ships for 60 damage
Lolol

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:00 am

Within a day all the ssb's on the forum will comment here and say what a terrible idea it is. lol.

For that reason. +1 lol

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:08 am

Oh yes please! +1 (Sarcasm, hard to tell when in text form)

Last edited by Darky on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:14 am

Quit whining about SSBs and just hack out all their good planets. They don't have any scan, they don't have any cloak.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:56 am
Profile WWW

lol, such a gloriously ill-conceived and ill-thought out idea... cap everyone's attack to their own damage cap.
*doffs cap to leading contender for Silly Idea of the Year Idea Award*

Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:05 am

Deigobene wrote:
lol, such a gloriously ill-conceived and ill-thought out idea... cap everyone's attack to their own damage cap.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 am

Deigobene wrote:

Kinda reminds me of calculating how much damage I can do based on someone else's number of decks/ranks. ^_^

Deigobene wrote:
such a gloriously ill-conceived and ill-thought out idea...

Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:39 am

Shadeslayer wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

Kinda reminds me of calculating how much damage I can do based on someone else's number of decks/ranks. ^_^

Deigobene wrote:

lol ...if you can't work out why it is considerably different from a logical standpoint and considerably worse for everyone from a practical standpoint, then I am a little bit gobsmacked.

Perhaps you never want to be able to disable anyone? Fair enough, who am I to argue if that is the case ;)

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:20 am

most of the small ship's are out there can not even do there damage cap on most ships anyways lol so what would it help them if they had a 500 cap to be able to do 500 damage at max to you if they could only do 200 to start with

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:22 am

i didn't do damage cap on every shot on Shadows' ship ... but i still got my red and yellow.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:13 am
Profile WWW

Without trying to advocate the proposition.. I think the clarificaton is the OP feels hosed to receive more damage than can be dealt to some targets...based on the cap they have.

IE- The well discussed argument of two ships with equal att and def, but one has lower cap and TAKES less. He wants to use THEIR cap as his for the returned damage. The semi-intuitive idea that merely having a larger ship allows for additional pain.

Maybe that was clear, but just trying to expand.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 pm

Can we jut add this to the god awful SSB ideas pile?

We get it, you want to nerf SSBs... at least come up with a vaguely non ridiculous idea when you suggest it

Edit: Oh and if you think most SSBs don't have a nice big stash of Ship Bots stored up, you would be sorely mistaken. All we would need to do is pile on the decks and load up with more defense mods

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:51 pm

umbongo wrote:

We get it, you want to nerf SSBs... at least come up with a vaguely non ridiculous idea when you suggest it

Edit: Oh and if you think most SSBs don't have a nice big stash of Ship Bots stored up, you would be sorely mistaken. All we would need to do is pile on the decks and load up with more defense mods

ehm, I think they dont..

or other way around, this is another suggestion how to fix the broken PvP situation caused by SSB benefiting from current damage cap formula which is from fantasy world ...
you may disagree, but please finally get aware, that your opinion is not part of the majority view. always refusing all suggestion make people less willing to discuss this topic in forum but it is no changing their view, rather interest in PvP element of game...

Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:12 pm

Flux wrote:
umbongo wrote:

ehm, I think they dont..

or other way around, this is another suggestion how to fix the broken PvP situation caused by SSB benefiting from current damage cap formula which is from fantasy world ...
you may disagree, but please finally get aware, that your opinion is not part of the majority view. always refusing all suggestion make people less willing to discuss this topic in forum but it is no changing their view, rather interest in PvP element of game...

Who are you to decide the majority view Flux?
Load moaning from the same few usual whining suspects doesn't necessarily make a majority.
Or do you mean the majority of the Slow Rank With Low AP Club?

Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:27 pm

PVP is one of the major money and attention grabbers in any facebook game. Our game has been slowly dieing with lack of people playing, the only people left ARE SSB...... we need new blood to keep the game alive (and the dyson population growing...... so many have been rifted/invincabled...) yes SSB is a problem, and eventualy it WILL have to be addressed. (please note I am a ssb saying this, at this point in time its the only way to stay even remotely productive in pvp at mid ranks)

Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:47 pm

As an LSB i certainly have my distaste for ssb, but mainly because they work as planned!

I don't think ssb is ruining the game, i think lack of foresight and design is making parts of it less viable. When you say mid ranks, I would assume you mean 400-1000. I propose to you that there are plenty of 'soft' targets in that range to go with the smartly build and well played ssb's.

I don't think ssb are the issue...I think the modality of combat itself could be tweaked, and should be again. I am far from insoucient enough to calc out a good formula for it though.

As has been many times mentioned: crit hits should occur more and have more impact, probably a 'dodge' factor or avoidance based on cloak, maybe a size differential modifier and so on.

I would also question that the game is dying. Again, and totally my own speculation, but the recent addition of 500k planets surely isn't just to have more planets for us old timers to search for. It should be due to some increased player base or the intention of soon attracting such.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:59 pm

SSB isn't broken, LSB is.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:42 pm

juiceman wrote:
I would also question that the game is dying. Again, and totally my own speculation, but the recent addition of 500k planets surely isn't just to have more planets for us old timers to search for. It should be due to some increased player base or the intention of soon attracting such.

The number of users is decreasing. I'm not sure of exactly why more planets are being added, and could be for a number of reasons, but adding more planets for less players seems .....backwards. But continually losing players means a game IS dying.

If you doubt that the number of players in the game is decreasing, check out the dau stats for this game. I apologize, I don't have the link handy.

As for SSB problem, I actually don't think it's that big a deal, on it's own. What I have a problem with is when a person resets, handing off all their 20x and 22x arti planets to someone else to hold on to them, then they reset, come back and by rank 20 have 6 planets at 22x mega rich arti as an ssb. The combination of insanely high ap production for their rank and being an ssb is double trouble. Not to mention that if the planet was built right, then they will be getting decently good mineral and research production off of it as well, meaning they can research and afford those +12 structures faster, getting more ap faster than a typical player, putting the game out of balance.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:04 pm

Shadeslayer wrote:

If you doubt that the number of players in the game is decreasing, check out the dau stats for this game. I apologize, I don't have the link handy.

here for you: http://metricsmonk.com/apps/facebook/12 ... axy-legion
you can change the date as you wish and see the long term trend... viewtopic.php?p=417719#p417719
e.g.
7019 - 15/06/2014
6811 - 14/07/2014
6253 - 31/10/2014

no reason to argue again with same "old foxes"

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Shadeslayer wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

Deigobene wrote:

What? that is a brilliant idea... eh

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next