View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 planet building artifacts 

So, I have only 1 good planet transformed from icy to Colossal Oceanic. Wasted the other melters early in the game, as so many of us have. I wonder if it's possible to add a super rare melter or some other planet expander to create a few Mega Colossals like the melters do for us higher ranks to play with and hunt for in some fashion? Maybe a new mission, or even better a super rare NPC.

An artifact that would add another size to plasma planets raising them to Mega Colossal and increasing production by 2.

An artifact for the Toxic planets to expand their size and production.

Maybe that takes away from the strategic planning of this portion of the game in some way, but more than a few of us were desperate for artifact production and mis-used our melters and such to make not so great planets and shot ourselves in the foot.

How about an artifact that boosts a planets size from small to large.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:43 pm
Profile WWW

toxics and plasmas are both well.represented. even barrens can be made colossal via sentiox or hydroshifters.

if something like this MC arti were to be introduced, volcanics should be the target. yes, they can be made demons .. but since the volcanics cap out at VL naturally, they are expensive to uplift. so a new planet builder would make them slightly more attractive to work with. have them cap out at 23x and you have a whole new universe :0

or, if you want to limit it to higher ranks ... focus on aphotics, ecumenopolis and chthonian planets.

with all the new planets in the galaxy, i still have hopes of scanning a natural dyson, but there might be room for another one-shot dyson transformation of an unoccupied metallic planet (without giving it the invincible effect). planetary richness stats would be randomly generated based on the regular dyson ranges.

and another thought: an arti that doubles the production from a planet. can only be built on very small, tiny, or very tiny planets ... and no further artifacts can be used on the planet until the structure is destroyed (non.extractable naturally).

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

Location: The Dark Justice or quite possibly flux jacking your planets :)
If Dan wanted to make cash then just bring in a new GP arti and mission chain that basically works like the Rift Mission Chain (10 x Quasi-Spacial Expanders) rewards some kinda Transformer and enhances to MC and Stats 10 x across the board, but doesn't produce an Invincible Planet say for example a Carbon Planet [stolen straight from Wikipedia]. Limit this mission to say Lev 500 + and only repeatable every 50-100 Lev's.

Signature created by Necromancer

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:10 pm

It baffles my mind as to why Dan made melters the 1st item gained in that chain and irradiators the last...shouldnt it have been the other way around?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:46 pm

SpaceCaseAce wrote:
It baffles my mind as to why Dan made melters the 1st item gained in that chain and irradiators the last...shouldnt it have been the other way around?

Irradiators require 450 dark iso runners to be hunted. Makes sense for them to be last.

I think a rare arti dropped by a new npc that raises size of a planet to a maximum of L or VL would be a great addition. People really aren't using QSEs on these smaller planets so there will be no loss from GP. In fact it could incrase QSE purchases because people could uplift some of the tiny-avg sized exotics or terras (or planets with effects) with nice stats with this new arti then dropping a couple of QSEs to make them VM. Also solves the problem of way too many planets that are too small to be worth colonising.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:42 am

how bout a theory lab iten for Metalic planets random increases size and resources by 1 or 2

Liquid mettle planets .. Of baddezzness

The baddazzness makes it 50%better

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 am

itsSoulPLayAgain wrote:
how bout a theory lab iten for Metalic planets random increases size and resources by 1 or 2

Liquid mettle planets .. Of baddezzness

The baddazzness makes it 50%better

+1 as long as it actually says that on the effects tab.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:30 am

I like baddezzness +1

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Just a thought that might solve this. An artifact (hard to obtain) that could reverse the effects of planet changers and give you the original artifact back. Ergo if you used it on a gaia planet you would receive a gaia seed and the planet would have reduced resources (-2) size (-1) and be a terra. Of course it might be hard to make it work for melters since oceanics occur naturally. Could maybe be limited to "bad" uplifts say <5x arti or <large planet size.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:21 am

I know realism isn't the first issue on people's mind, but that would fail spectacularly - freezing a planet costs energy, just like melting one, you shouldnt end up with a melter?

Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:28 am

Ranqul wrote:
SpaceCaseAce wrote:

Irradiators require 450 dark iso runners to be hunted. Makes sense for them to be last.

Well,my point is that melters are the best of the transformers in that chain (and overall compared to all other transformers besides dysons and rifts) and the irradiator is the worst.. If melters were given last in that chain, I dont think as many people would waste them because by time they accessed them, they would likely know more about how to use them.. MSM should be last in that chain and irradiators 1st. the dark iso should have been needed to gain the melters instead of the irradiators.
I also feel that the mission chain should be accessed at a higher rank. Its accessible at rank 95 which imo is waaay too earlier..most rank 95s dont even know how to properly build a planet much less use the best transforming item in the game.

Its backwards.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:32 pm

and we should have a planet transformer for crystals
i vote for the bedazzled planet!!

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:48 pm

SpaceCaseAce wrote:
Ranqul wrote:
SpaceCaseAce wrote:

Well,my point is that melters are the best of the transformers in that chain (and overall compared to all other transformers besides dysons and rifts) and the irradiator is the worst.. If melters were given last in that chain, I dont think as many people would waste them because by time they accessed them, they would likely know more about how to use them.. MSM should be last in that chain and irradiators 1st. the dark iso should have been needed to gain the melters instead of the irradiators.
I also feel that the mission chain should be accessed at a higher rank. Its accessible at rank 95 which imo is waaay too earlier..most rank 95s dont even know how to properly build a planet much less use the best transforming item in the game.

Its backwards.

Firstly, I don't see how irradiators are any worse than crystalisers, hydroshifters or sentiox and they are certainly better than thermionic intensifiers.

Secondly, I agree that the chain shouldn't be accessed until a higher rank.

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]