View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Remove base production, replace it with a different bonus. 

Base payouts as in that daily lump of mining, research, and artifact points were a great idea.
Higher ranks could rank a base to benefit their lower ranked players with free payouts as a little bonus to their daily productions.

Sadly the realistic situation is that people feel entitled to their base payout BONUS from successfully defending their base.
There is a lot of anger and resentment from people in legions who have their base disabled because they lose this BONUS.

So lets just do away with it entirely and give bases various bonuses based on their level.

Off the top of my head here are some passive boost ideas.

Level 5 +3% to planet att/def
Level 6 +3% to planet att/def and +3% to planet cloak
Level 7 same as level 6 + A 1 hour reduction to alert times i.e. Instead of alerting something every 12 hours you can alert every 11.
Level 8 - same as 7 + base now gets a 1 free legion skip ability with a recharge of 1 week
Level 9 same as 8 + every 3 days your legion gets 1 charge that can be used to increase/decrease legion mission timer. Can hold up to 12 charges
Level 10 - EotS has the only 10 so someone not eots think of something fair.

When you do get disabled it could pause your timer by say a 12 hour period and reduce the 3% bonus to 2%
Pausing the timer would be along the lines of you get your free legion skip in 40 hours, boom base disabled.
The timer freezes so in 12 hours, it starts ticking down again.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:58 am

Forgot to mention this part.
Bonuses would come from large base structures that replace our current production modules.
Swap the research tech around as needed.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:00 am

i like +1.

personally i don't want ot kill production from bases, which does infinitely help low ranks and people with poor ap, but i like the idea of level bonuses aspart of the mix. maybe something in between. Perhaps an increase in the primary production rates and then an ancillary 'bonus' as you suggest.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:03 am

This would be amazing! Let the production be there for the legions that want/need it, but make different mods with these sort of abilities available to replace production mods. I love this idea

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:18 am

Base production is sometimes the only way for low ranks or new players to grow

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:22 am
Profile WWW

Base production is sometimes the only way for low ranks or new players to grow

Should not be, as that was not originally there. It requires high ranks to sacrifice for low ranks to thrive. Honestly its fine the way it is, but when low ranks expect it on a silver platter, it is not deserved. The main issue is it shouldn't be the only way for them to grow. They have become too reliant on base payouts.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:26 am

Base production in its current state is a great game mechanic but sadly people take it in the wrong way.

We can't convince people they don't deserve a BONUS if they fail to defend their base.
We can't convince people that they shouldn't rely on base payout for the majority of their production.
We can't convince people they aren't being unfairly picked on by bigger legions
Dan can change this mechanic.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:42 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Base production in its current state is a great game mechanic but sadly people take it in the wrong way.

We can't convince people they don't deserve a BONUS if they fail to defend their base.
We can't convince people that they shouldn't rely on base payout for the majority of their production.

Completely with you on most of your points, particularly the common misunderstanding that a defender's bonus is just that... a bonus.

Not so sure about doing away with the payouts entirely though, I think it would hamper the new blood the game needs to continue to thrive.
Should make no appreciable difference to most players, particularly those who very early on realize the importance of their own production, but for the new players it could be very harmful.

I would very much like to see the addition of some of your ideas though.

In the end, I guess I am quite happy to let people who complain about their base being disabled either put some effort into making their base harder to take down or simply suffer the inevitable consequences.
Deep down, if they can't generate sufficient exoclamps and use simple well-known techniques (like having a decent number of fixers) to adequately defend a Level 7 base for example, I'm not sure they deserve too much sympathy.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:21 am

Tree7304 wrote:

--- noone needs base production (thats what planets are for
-- only new people rely on this when they start out because they install too many mods too quick before working on production

noone has said that they are--- just way it is

yes he can... but why would he need to

the original idea is a good idea.. but as in all suggestions.... some won't like it , but others will.. and since mot suggestions are locked within 1-2 days by mods.... generally a large section of people don't get too comment.

also note what gets me is if certain people post ideas... all their mates pile on and agree... yet if none from this group make ideas its shot down in flames and rants... and then a moderator (who is part of this group) takes it upon himself to lock threads without giving the wider community a chance. to comment.... now until dan shows his face and starts taking an interest, i'm back to leaving it in your clicks hands to save this game... cos no one else is allowed to speak or voice an opinion.

and no-- in none of my posts have i complained about game mechanics--- only 1 i have said is that new players arriving = less than those leaving.== dieing game that no one obviously cares about.

your group yourselves have posted numerous threads on this and yet-- they've ended in flames and personal atatcks when people comment with ideas that you do not agree with. and think they are moaning...f my involvement with anything otehr than playing the game...

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Location: The Dark Justice or quite possibly flux jacking your planets :)
Why not have the best of both worlds, bring in Base Artis that do the stuff mentioned originally and make them the size of Base Producing Artis are now. That way Legions can have a choice Production or Buffs.

Signature created by Necromancer

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:27 pm

People wanna cry about base payouts so we should just take them away entirely. Don't supplement them with more bonuses that can also be taken away which will cause more crying.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Taking away bas payouts may stop them whining about getting disable, instead they'd just whine about the base payout being taken away. Back to square 1.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Let's just get rid of legion based bases...make mega npc bases.... no extra prod except what you raid from the npc base....hmmmmmm....no more protect our base or unfair bg against us yada yada yada... base rewards on how big an npc base you find (random odds for 2 reds spent) and for how much DAMAge (%) you do to it. No more leeching you low level sycophants.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm going to be honest if you offer the choice, WHO would take any of these buffs (except maybe the cloak one %) in exchange for the AP you get from a base? now if you wanted to have moduals that compeat for it, fine but realize that some bases WILL just take the % cloak buff then max out production to the best of their ability. As far as defending your base goes, their just needs to be better ways to go about doing it, We have a base with over 1 million hull/sheild throwing more clamps on should not be our only choice, allow us to disable the attacking legion, where if we disable say a number of people from that legion's total size (so repaires who get reparied and disabled again count twice) Their base is disabled in stead automatically and we can all do a base raid on them.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:49 am

How about we get rid of the Legion Ranking system and disband Legions go back to the old way.

:twisted:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:43 am

Now, you may protest this but what im seeing is a bunch of eots 100k + per hour players saying 'remove the 4k/hour base production for players joining the game and aim it to something big legions, such as eots, would benefit from most'

-1, base production is a good leg up for new players to get them into the game. I dont think dan should take on this suggestion when there are many more merited suggestions out there.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:21 am

Peticks wrote:
Now, you may protest this but what im seeing is a bunch of eots 100k + per hour players saying 'remove the 4k/hour base production for players joining the game and aim it to something big legions, such as eots, would benefit from most'

-1, base production is a good leg up for new players to get them into the game. I dont think dan should take on this suggestion when there are many more merited suggestions out there.

Watch what you say Peticks. We're not allowed to be critical of EOTS in any way. ;)

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:36 am
Profile WWW

People wanna cry that someone took their bonus away, get rid of the bonus for everyone so problem is solved.

You don't wanna start comparing what you have to what eots players have.
The production I lose from sleeping is more production than most of you players make in a day. Don't fool yourself into thinking I care in any way about the production from bases. Get rid of the production entirely, don't replace it with a bonus of any kind. I don't need help defending my planets, I don't need help cloaking my planets. I don't need help scanning or killing bases or even trashing every ship I can find in legions like TU. I don't need any of the bonuses from race/profession. I'm stronger than you. Cut my productions in half and I still make more than you. I made my ship strong bc I played well, not from any magical strength from base payouts.

If you really think I am just looking to hurt low rank ships and trying to help me and my members you just aren't paying attention.
None of the suggestions I made could possibly benefit EotS more than other legions unless those legions just don't do Legion Missions.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:36 pm

pls lock this pointless discussion.

it had some merit, now its name calling

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:32 pm

-1 to this idea.....

Im sorry that people are getting upset about their bases getting disabled and losing their payouts.
Im sorry that so many people have decided to venture out on their own to start new legions even though they dont have the resources/ability/knowledge to do it properly.
Im sorry people are staying in these legions because they dont realize the game would be better for them elsewhere.
Im sorry that so many legions have gone past base lvl 5 (where the big boys play) before they have the means to build it correctly or the fixers to defend it properly. If you cant build a proper lvl 6 or 7 or 8 base, then stay at lvl 5. The big BGs dont even bother with them. Better to have a lvl 5 that stays alive and gives payout than to have a 6 or 7 that dies constantly.
Im sorry that the game is full of crybabies and wussies that think this game should never have anything bad happen. I think if it was up to the majority, this game would have no battle tab, no alert system, planets would never be able to be invaded and bases would never die. Ooooh oooooh what fun!!!

Everyone is talking about what is killing this game.
Want to know what I think is killing this game? (well besides a lack of good advertising campaigns)
The crybabies. Everyone cries, then they quit..

Boo hoo theres too many SSBs out there (well F'ing kill one every now and then..just cause)
Boo hoo people of higher ranks shouldnt be able to see me on bt (suck it up, happens to everyone)
Boo hoo I cant get on every 6 hours to reset my calming amps/halc traps (dying isnt so bad just hit the repair button)
Boo hoo my base dies too often (dont rank your base too fast, buy some GP mods, add some aerlens, fixers and clamps)
Boo hoo someone stole my best planet (add more cloak)
Boo hoo legion missions are too hard (yes, because ALL LMs should just be EASY)
Boo hoo Cosa Nostra is trying to start a war with us (damn right, Cosa and legions like Cosa keep the game interesting..Stop crying on our comms and HIT BACK.. PvP is fun, conflict is fun, try it sometime.)
Boo hoo im butthurt (ummm, preperation H....??)

When you play Baseball do you cry and quit everytime you strike out or someone catches your pop fly?
When you play Monopoly, do you cry and quit whenever you land on Boardwalk and have to pay?
When you play Halo do you cry and quit when someone kills you?
when you play Farmville, Do you cry and quit whenever you get back too late and all your crops are wilted?

This game is no different than any other game on the planet, there are good things that can happen and there are bad things that can happen..Its what makes games interesting..
So stop crying and play the game.....................

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next