View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Training revamp and overhaul 

Dan, some of the training rewards are undoubtedly good. however there are some that are just dire, no legion in their right mind having t them as part of their base setup. worse still these are not the easy ones to unlock but the ones which require more dedication and support pushing trainees to take part in all of the game, not just the easiest areas. the training features been out for over 6 months and I think its time for a review and input from the gl community who lead the legions training up the new recruits.

so far what i've seen of the mods
Quote:
Academic Studies
Special Space Available: 2, max of 4 per base. Upkeep 2.8B/day, Trainingslots: 3

this mod has issues. with the default training slots at 10 an extra 3 training slots are pretty defunct. at the rate trainees are assigned with so many legions across the galaxy by the time you even come close to 10 active trainees you'll have the first graduating.

I'd like to propose the change I mentioned in another suggestion thread
Legions with an academy gain 50% trainiee assignment weighting. a legion which has been able to unlock the academy mod and is willing to put it on their base to get more trainees to train up is most likely a better choice for trainees than those who dont. hence if legions are given a default weighting of 100 this mod would increase that to 150, a second academy giving another 50% boost to 225 and so on. This not only would help to refine the trainee assignment proces by having them focused on the best chance for retention legions but also makes the mod valuable for the legion who can get more trainees, quicker progress for the trainee unlocks, more bonus from the other mods and more good members.

Quote:
Physics Lab:
Reward: Size 4, max of 4 per base. Upkeep 2.8B/day Base's Shield +25,000. Note, as this is a shield module, it can be boosted to 100% using T.O. Resistor Overcharge. (+50,000 for 8.4B/day upkeep).
Ability: Boosts base shields by 4% for each active, loyal trainee and graduate in your legion, multiplied by the number of Physics Labs installed on the base. Costs: 4 Ability points

the mod has merits, while not as strong as the hull boosting metalurgy shop it still can be a powerfull base tool. this area I suggest is allready good

Quote:
Metallurgy Shop:
Reward: Size 4, max of 4 per base. Upkeep 2.8B/day Base's Hull +40,000
Activated Ability: Boost base hull by 4% for each active, loyal trainee and graduate in your legion, multiplied by the number of Metallurgy Shops installed on your base. Costs: 4 Ability points

good mod, no issues here

Quote:
Piloting Simulator:
Reward: Size 2, max of 4 per base. Upkeep ???B/day Base's Defense +4,000
Activated Ability: Boosts base defense by 2% for each active, loyal trainee and graduate in your legion, multiplied by the number of Piloting Simulators installed on the base.
Costs: 4 Ability points

good mod again, no issues here

Quote:
Combat Drill Simulation:
Reward: Size 2, max of 4 per base. Upkeep 2.8B/day Base's Attack +4,000

nothing to write home about but still a decent mod. maybe a small buff wouldnt hurt it

Quote:
Hall of Discipline:

no ones managed to get this unlocked yet, invasions early on are difficult. maybe make it a bit easier to unlock but as no stats are avalible the mod could be good or bad

Quote:
Galactic Study Archives:
Galactic Study Archives Research: 40

this is a major letdown mod. with 40 research and no ability that is known of its prety much wasted space at the moment. My suggestion for this mod is to get rid of the production and give each one an ability.

Galactic study, enemy flaws (requires 1 galactic study archive installed). base ability. Decreases an enemy bases defence by 1% plus 1% for every loyal and active trainee or graduate in the legion. cost 5 ability points, lasts 30 minuets
Galactic study, Historic scan patterns (requires 2 galactic study archive installed). ust ability. increases a players scan by 1% + 1% for every loyal and active graduate.
ect

Quote:
Alumni Workshop:

Materials Sciences
Level 1: Requires: Planets Colonized: 50, Graduated (Rank 50): 2, Base Level: 3

potentialy the most disapointing mod of all because of the effort it takes to unlock being substantial and the reward, a mod providing mining production, is pretty close to worthless as all legion bases out there are focused on artifact, not mining

My suggestion

Alumni workshop special space 4, base upkeep -50%
Unlocks a special ability when installed.
Base ability, alumni fortifications. Cost: 10 ability points. Increases a bases hull and sheild by 10 for every alumni workshop installed multiplied by the number of active graduates in your legion

Quote:
Pedagogue Hab:

Faculty Recruitment
Level 1: Requires: Graduated (Rank 50): 10, Graduate Tenure (Days): 90, Attendance (Days): 30, Base Level: 4

this is incredibly hard to unlock. I suggest that the first unlock requirements are halved otherwise its going to prove near impossible for any legion to see what it is :P

Quote:
Admissions Center:
Reward: Size 1 (Special), max of 5 per base. Upkeep 4.8B/day 1 extra treaty on your diplomatic page.

no problems with this mod here.

Additional rewards. While the training reward system is good I think theres room for a few additional improvements

Quote:
Cathyne prize funding
Requires
Requires: Graduated (Rank 50): 1
Base Level: 3
Training rewards claimed:5

Increases base production by 1% permantly. passive boost

Quote:
Cathyne prize funding stage 2
Requires: graduated (rank 50): 3
Base Level: 5
Training rewards claimed: 10 ect

Increases cathyne prize funding bonus by 1% permantly. passive boost

with further levels till it reaches all modules unlocked.

Graduation with honors, lets make graduation more of an occasion.

Upon graduating the base gains: 5000 hull, 5000 sheild, 250 defence, 250 attack. Graduation ceremony effect, production +50% ,lasts 7 days.
Upon Graduating the trainee gains: graduation cache. When opened provides: 50 rescued prisoners, 50 android scientists, 50 android helmsment, 50 durtainum brackets, 50 xcharge cells, 50 ship bots, 10 terraformers, 1 quasi spacial expander, 500,000 research points.

Legion com point out.
A tweak that would help to increase trainee retention, during the tutorial have the trainee be specificly pointed out the legion com, have to click to open it to continue the tutorial so that the legion can comunicate with them easier.

Suggestions and thoughts welcomed. I hope dan will give this a review because with legions declining some of the rewards for their work in training up new players theres clearly a problem here

Stark Tech Inside

Tue May 26, 2015 5:53 pm

I like most of your feedback, However I disagree with the legion graduation bonus, I am ok with what the elgion gets its small potatoes but the personal graduate boost is instain, not only does this a) hurt dan's revenue (10 terraformers= exotic planet mission) but it also that is an abserd amount of stat boosts, and RP, maybe if you toned everything down by a factor of 10. I offer you a more interesting alternative, on graduation they get the entire pull of the legions resource pull for that day. (only happens once entire leagon pulled together to help ya out we take a small hit to help you gain something positive for all your hard work/effort)

Tue May 26, 2015 10:39 pm

draxsiss wrote:
I like most of your feedback, However I disagree with the legion graduation bonus, I am ok with what the elgion gets its small potatoes but the personal graduate boost is instain, not only does this a) hurt dan's revenue (10 terraformers= exotic planet mission) but it also that is an abserd amount of stat boosts, and RP, maybe if you toned everything down by a factor of 10. I offer you a more interesting alternative, on graduation they get the entire pull of the legions resource pull for that day. (only happens once entire leagon pulled together to help ya out we take a small hit to help you gain something positive for all your hard work/effort)

a entire days base production is roughly 50 of each artifact. the terraformers I feel are a nessesity. while you do risk reducing revenue per player you will assist retention by allowing them to build a nice planet to help them build up their ship to play the game. ofc thats just part of the suggestion and flexible so its encouraging to hear support for the other ideas.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue May 26, 2015 11:34 pm

My big worry about the planet booster is you will get people mutli acconting for trainees graduating asap, sellign the purgers sending ctp (or buffed planets) to main account.

Fri May 29, 2015 10:07 pm

yeah i don't see anything wrong with the trainee rewards as they are

not everything is meant to be premo, some stuff is meant to be garbage to others, whereas to others its nice

Fri May 29, 2015 10:17 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
yeah i don't see anything wrong with the trainee rewards as they are

not everything is meant to be premo, some stuff is meant to be garbage to others, whereas to others its nice

^ Training stuff has been designed the way it is on purpose, its up to us to decide which is worth putting on the base or not.

I personally have no issue with any of the rewards as they will happily fill up left over space on a level 9/10 base.

Sat May 30, 2015 12:07 am

you have open space on your base? I mean granted we are only a humble level 8 with full expantion with GP avialible but we are VERY tight on what we can put on.....

Sat May 30, 2015 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]