View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Make Quantum Firewall Traps actually BLOCK a hack 

juiceman wrote:
This is kind of a pointless argument now.

IF qft blockes a hack...so what, the attacker uses a TM rather than a null before getting the next one...meh
If the qft prevents it for a period of time and that's unnaceptable..what's the alternative?
If the argument is people being halced and Qft protected...why not leave things as they are now?
QFT is at most a super minor inconvenience that stops no one but the super low level who dont have nulls. Short of providing a grace period of not being hacked..whats the point of changing it at all?

If someone is multi-hacking you, then a QFT blocking a hack allows you to effectively defend your ship.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:41 am

if you are online when they hack..sure...but so whatl...not being mean here, but who cares if they hack anyways...crit hack is the only thing to worry about i'd think....so not sure what the endgame is for this suggestion

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:02 am

juiceman wrote:
if you are online when they hack..sure...but so whatl...not being mean here, but who cares if they hack anyways...crit hack is the only thing to worry about i'd think....so not sure what the endgame is for this suggestion

Crit hacks are the exact reason to worry and the main incentive behind this suggestion. I'd like an effective means of defending against someone who is multi-hacking me whilst I am online.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:06 pm

ill let it go now, but how oft are you being multi hacked while online? wouldnt the second qft deter them? and/or how many people are multihacking? just curious..this doesn't seem like a widespread issue..and even if it was..more power to the hackers...spy life forever

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:05 am

Malevolentia wrote:
juiceman wrote:

Crit hacks are the exact reason to worry and the main incentive behind this suggestion. I'd like an effective means of defending against someone who is multi-hacking me whilst I am online.

if crit.hacks are the main incentive, then definitely -1 to the suggestion. if you are online, you can easily defend any crit.hacked planet anyway.

i have Blue Badges 6565 ... and i don't need extra research points ... so for someone like me, the only reasons left to hack are to inch up the leaderboard and for the minor chance at a crit.hack. nerfing QFTs would remove that incentive and move the hacker profession even closer to the dregs of builders and merchants.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:44 am
Profile WWW

Dan should make Quantum Firewall Traps OP'ed like halcs and amps. In other words, if someone tries to hack me and I have a trap set, I should be immune to hacks for a few hours.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:08 am

Kevin9809 wrote:
Dan should make Quantum Firewall Traps OP'ed like halcs and amps. In other words, if someone tries to hack me and I have a trap set, I should be immune to hacks for a few hours.

Why don't you just pull all installed mods off your ship and fill it with scan?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:55 am
Profile WWW

Kevin9809 wrote:

Why don't you just pull all installed mods off your ship and fill it with scan?

I was being sarcastic.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:

I was being sarcastic.

Well, i didnt guess that. TBH i'm sure there are "players" who want that to be implemented tho.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:50 am
Profile WWW

the trap itself as it stands is garbage waste of an artifact it does not need to get a fixing 2 hours is kinda stupid but i think it should block the hacker from say 15 mins of being able to hack if you are online gives you a chance to set another if you are not the guy going to get his hacks anyways lol.

but with them setting the trap off of course it gives them there blue badge just prevents them from hacking any1 for 15 mins. no way to clear it as well unless a new artifact is made to break like a null fuse but it only ment for the 1 trap itself

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2