View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 A thought about barren legions... 

While it's awesome to disable glass 6's and 7's (no crazy pun intended), these ghost legions are part of the problem of the already thinning herd of GL.

So here's what I propose.

Legions with no activity whatsoever be eradicated. I'd prefer the ones with few very active members be destroyed so they're more or less forced to join a relatively strong legion but... I understand some original legions have original members and money in them so I guess we'll take baby steps but... I think it'd be ideal if the most active players were concentrated into the top 50. Thoughts?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:50 am

MOST active players are in the top 50.

Roughly 4000 daily players != 4000 "active" players

My guess is that less than half those players play the game 200+ hours per year(what I consider active).
1500 if you want an actual number.
1500/60 = 25, If we had active players we would only fill up around 25 legions. The rest would be collectors, weekly logins, and not much else.

This is our current situation
4000 players / 50 players per legion(average) = 80 legions with a mix of players in them.

It's pretty much just the core players who play the game with a bit of new blood.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:04 am
Profile WWW

not against eliminating inactive legions, but theire is one small problem with this...
some of those legions have GP modules on theire bases....

If I had a smale legion, with Q-Pedd Field Generator 3.0, Scruuge Bastion Stronghold, Harvest Aegis II etc on the base
and for some reason had to go inactive for a few months, those modeles I payed real $$ for should still be theire when I got back

if it a legion with 0 members left, it's a difernt storie - but as long as theire is 1 member in a legion theire is always a chance it will become active again

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:57 am

inactive legion with 0 GP goods, ax it!
inactive legion WITH gp goods, gota keep it.

Legions are about having fun with friends, you shouldn't force people in to legions becuase of that. we are not a top 50 legion, we are 60's, but we have an active group of 58 people who do Legion missions NPC runs and have a good communication, we have maxed our space (both normal and special) have ALL gp moduals. you want to give us the ax becuase we are not top 50? Axing healthy legions (which I would hope ours DOES quality as ) is not good! leave active healthy legions alone even if they are not "top 50 materal"

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:42 pm

draxsiss wrote:

Legions are about having fun with friends, you shouldn't force people in to legions becuase of that. we are not a top 50 legion, we are 60's, but we have an active group of 58 people who do Legion missions NPC runs and have a good communication, we have maxed our space (both normal and special) have ALL gp moduals. you want to give us the ax becuase we are not top 50? Axing healthy legions (which I would hope ours DOES quality as ) is not good! leave active healthy legions alone even if they are not "top 50 materal"

agreed - do you guys think this is a viable situation?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Pennsyltucky wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

Nope, I think it is a generally crappy idea to axe any legions.
Just play the damn game and hit some bases.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Deigobene wrote:
Pennsyltucky wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

Nope, I think it is a generally crappy idea to axe any legions.
Just play the damn game and hit some bases.

+1 to Diego's response.

if it weren't for the need to get red badges to lock bases .. most high.rank PvP would be *all* dead in the water (and not just *mostly* dead as some believe ... apologies to billy crystal.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:30 pm
Profile WWW

Well, regardless, I consider empty/barely functioning legions to be nothing more than a wasted chunk of game space and a place where newcomers can become frustrated.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:21 am

Pennsyltucky wrote:
While it's awesome to disable glass 6's and 7's (no crazy pun intended), these ghost legions are part of the problem of the already thinning herd of GL.

So here's what I propose.

Legions with no activity whatsoever be eradicated. I'd prefer the ones with few very active members be destroyed so they're more or less forced to join a relatively strong legion but... I understand some original legions have original members and money in them so I guess we'll take baby steps but... I think it'd be ideal if the most active players were concentrated into the top 50. Thoughts?

I don't think most people mind the glass 6s and 7s. In fact, I "think" the lower ranked players in our legion and sister legions probably like it better when we lock the glass bases as they stand a better chance for silvers and raids than when we tilt at windmills. It's really the seemingly enormous number of dead 4s and 5s that cost useless reds cause very few legions left will ever lock one of them. I would love to see some of the dead bases level 5 and under gone.

OR....the game could have just been tweaked so that the minimum base scan level kept increasing at level 8 and 9. So, level 8 bases minimum scans could be level 5, level 9+ could be 6.

I actually never understood why most base attributes seemed to end at 7 or even below (max base production modules available at 6 and never grow; max damage cap against a base stops at 6 and never grows even though the base gets "bigger" -- both in level and space; minimum base scan is always 4 starting with level 7 and doesn't go up; base crates max out at level 7). Base combat might be more interesting if caps went up with level and crates/rewards got better. Why would anyone attack a level 9 or 10 base today since the 7s are easier to scan, you get exactly the same crate from a 7, the 7 has the same damage cap as the 9 or 10 and it has fewer ability points to defend with so you get the same prize with less effort? One extra silver badge is just not enough motivation to invest the energy/experience in that type of battle. Higher caps and better prizes might liven up higher level base battling....

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:44 am

I think inactive players is the issue, not unused bases. Everyone like a freebie. Now a nice cleanup here and there to ZERO person legions might be good-- but im ok either way. We all like our silvers and if i can lock a floating piece of space junk for two crystals and 7 silver im good with that.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:17 am

These old bases should get taken over by npc factions or a space entity

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:24 pm

detregets wrote:
These old bases should get taken over by npc factions or a space entity

Wouldnt that be a good 2200+ NPC :O

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:48 am

juiceman wrote:
I think inactive players is the issue, not unused bases. Everyone like a freebie. Now a nice cleanup here and there to ZERO person legions might be good-- but im ok either way. We all like our silvers and if i can lock a floating piece of space junk for two crystals and 7 silver im good with that.

theire is to mutch space junk floation around atm.... and that makes it hard to find a nice level 7+ base to kill

but yes, start with legions like this one...

without any members in it,

and once they are gone, maby move on to Legions where theire have been no active members in the last 12, 9 or even 6 months...
and where the base doesnt have any GP moduls on it

even if Dan does that, theire should still be plenty of glass bases floating around, for everyone who likes to kill space junk to colect silver badges for more or less free

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:43 pm

How does that legion have 0 members (0 active) and at the same time an average rank of 80?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:24 pm

draxsiss wrote:
How does that legion have 0 members (0 active) and at the same time an average rank of 80?

Last player removed was a rank 80. Could be either because the average rank isn't updated when the last one is removed or the divide by 0 check doesn't set it to 0.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]