View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 new NPC that requires blue badges to attack 

now that we have the Stryll GenoSynth that requires scanning to attack safely, i would propose that the next elite NPC that Dan rolls out should require blue badges to attack. that should take care of some of the perma.halc'd players on the battle tab !

so, like the Grivv, this would be a 5.person NPC with a short window to attack. however, instead of one activation per hour, 1 blue badge would be required to activate an exclusive 2.minute window for attacking by the activating player. this activation would have a 15 minute cooldown for each player. i like matching the GenoSynth's 3 hour overall duration and 1 million hull for the NPC.

and of course, one of the drops should be a ship mod with a cloak boost ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:01 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
now that we have the Stryll GenoSynth that requires scanning to attack safely, i would propose that the next elite NPC that Dan rolls out should require blue badges to attack. that should take care of some of the perma.halc'd players on the battle tab !

so, like the Grivv, this would be a 5.person NPC with a short window to attack. however, instead of one activation per hour, 1 blue badge would be required to activate an exclusive 2.minute window for attacking by the activating player. this activation would have a 15 minute cooldown for each player. i like matching the GenoSynth's 3 hour overall duration and 1 million hull for the NPC.

and of course, one of the drops should be a ship mod with a cloak boost ;)

I like the idea. +1 I'm all for new NPC's.

However, in no way will this get people to unhalc. Those players that halc, most of them don't NPC to any degree that would have them find this NPC & of course, those that do halc would just ask to be carried or let it expire. :)

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:31 am

oh i am sure there are some that are too wedded to the halc.ing life to let it go.

but i did notice fewer halc'd targets during the elios run ... that *could* have just been more active players in general, but there are probably still some in.between folks that might be swayed to do an occasional hacking run to stock up on blues for an NPC like this one.

_____________Image

Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

-1 From me, At least until PvP becomes more of an option for me again.

Edit: This won't stop people halcing at all.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:28 pm

How does PvP become more of an option if nothing is put in place to encourage it?

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
How does PvP become more of an option if nothing is put in place to encourage it?

Hallu wouldn't be able to access the suggested NPC as proposed as he is too high.ranked to badge anyone.

Dan could relax the badging range after a certain rank, but it's pretty obvious that he frowns on the auto.ranking energy builds.

_____________Image

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:29 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Texas Toast wrote:

Hallu wouldn't be able to access the suggested NPC as proposed as he is too high.ranked to badge anyone.

Dan could relax the badging range after a certain rank, but it's pretty obvious that he frowns on the auto.ranking energy builds.

Dan could just do what a lot of smarter developers do, which is have bot opponents.

Make around 1000 of them available across all badge ranges(have them auto-repair every 10 mins) then nobody has an issue with targets being halc'd all the time and there's plenty more badge targets in the pool.

Make them a wide variety of builds too, SSB, MSB, LSB. Just because he frowns upon the people that have played for 5-6 years and made it to ranks way above what he thought possible shouldn't mean he can stop catering to them. :)

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:59 pm

+1

However, I don't think it should be something that can be stockpiled that enables the ability to hit - otherwise it doesn't really help reduce halcs much, as a player could go on a spree and collect enough blues to potentialy last months in one day (then halc up again).

Having an effect that must be obtained by hacking as required similar to the GenoSynth would be better IMO.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
+1

However, I don't think it should be something that can be stockpiled that enables the ability to hit - otherwise it doesn't really help reduce halcs much, as a player could go on a spree and collect enough blues to potentialy last months in one day (then halc up again).

Having an effect that must be obtained by hacking as required similar to the GenoSynth would be better IMO.

so maybe you can only activate the ability to attack the NPC if you have a QFT effect ? that wouldn't be dependent on the blue badge and Hallu could still target any of the top 10 killers.

_____________Image

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:45 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, like it. Would create a window where Zol Spies were visible and hackable whilst they dealt with the NPC.

Also, having to hack could also lead to a situation which would require you to hack someone you've already badged :)

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:02 pm

senatorhung wrote:

Dan Shouldn't make new content that excludes the higher ranked players... being high ranked just means is that you have played the game a lot.
If Dan didn't want people to be high ranked then he wouldn't have made legion bases take so much energy/ranks to upgrade, saying he frowns upon auto-ranking is just you making assumptions.
Also Dan increased the rank limit on the Elios elite so he would not like to exclude anyone, which your idea would do exactly that.

senatorhung wrote:
so maybe you can only activate the ability to attack the NPC if you have a QFT effect ? that wouldn't be dependent on the blue badge and Hallu could still target any of the top 10 killers.

Top ten killers one of which I can get a badge from. Yeah. What is a QFT? Haven't used traps in over a year...

Texas Toast wrote:

Wait. A NPC that has been suggested, that I wont be able to see? Yeah really going to help me!
(off topic a bit) What I need is PvP targets, and then and only then will Missions/Objectives/Elites that use PvP badges become appealing once again. Hell I might start playing the game again if I could actively PvP and get more than 6 reds and 6 yellows after 3 hours of badging.

Something like Kirk has said would help, or even just making rank 2k+ FFA on the battle tab. But until then a NPC like this will not help me or my 'halc'd' targets so -1

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Perhaps using a Tactical Inner Bypass on the NPC in order to make it vulnerable for a specified period of time? Those Artifacts are rarely used from my understanding.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Hallucinations wrote:
Texas Toast wrote:

Wait. A NPC that has been suggested, that I wont be able to see? Yeah really going to help me!

You'll note that Senator pointed out your rank after my comment. Taking knowledge of your rank out of account, it seemed to me that you were making an anti-PvP as a playstyle comment, not that you can't PvP. If PvP was just annoying because of SSBs or infinite hull or whatever most folks pet peeves are, your argument makes no sense. Taking into account that you outranked everybody and have nobody in your badging range, it makes more sense.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:42 am

ActualFate wrote:
Perhaps using a Tactical Inner Bypass on the NPC in order to make it vulnerable for a specified period of time? Those Artifacts are rarely used from my understanding.

nah .. those require blue badges which is what Hallu's problem is. well that's not Hallu's only problem.

he's so rusty at PvP that he doesn't even recall how a QFT works. that modification would alleviate his concerns about blues, but he doesn't get it.

and he's being purposely obtuse about Dan's bias against auto.ranking energy builds .. just a smattering of evidence from the mounds available:

- rank restrictions on Cosmiren before this year's seasonal (preventing higher.ranks from getting a couple of medals)
- nerfing the xp on the purger mission
- lack of higher ranked NPCs
- no relaxation of the PvP badging ranges for higher ranks

_____________Image

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:37 am
Profile WWW

I think hacking is boring as **** and I truly hope an NPC like this never comes to pass.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:07 pm

hacking is meh, but id love anything that leads to more npcs...and like other game content, if you dont wanna do it, you dont have to...

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]