View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Shrink Decks 

I didn't know that increasing decks was a detriment to PVP.

So... can we have a buyable artifact that shrinks ship decks to the currently used number?

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:59 pm

-1; no, if you wanna be a deck whore and not think about growth, then you should pay for it.
All the hard work of others, who planned their growth, should not be put-aside/made null but people who didnt bother.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:12 am

cgx wrote:

So... can we have a buyable artifact that shrinks ship decks to the currently used number?

increasing decks is NOT a detriment to PvP ... only to PvP defense.

at lower ranks (and / or until arti production gets high enough).. increased decks = increased attack .. so stronger PvP offense.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:57 am
Profile WWW

this discussion has been done to death. it boils down to Damage cap should never have been based on deck size in the first place. Since people have been asking for a deck reduction for YEARS (kind of like a use all button or a interface change to see all 8 npc slots at once or an attack x5/x10 button) and we have not ever recived it it is safe to assume we never will.

Also Senatorhung thats true its a HUGE deterant for new people entering the game (which is one of the reason the games active monthly player base keeps decreaseing new players are NOT willing to wait 1-3 years before they can have fun, and in the begining most people want to have all the cool toys on their ship.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:59 am

draxsiss wrote:
this discussion has been done to death. it boils down to Damage cap should never have been based on deck size in the first place. Since people have been asking for a deck reduction for YEARS (kind of like a use all button or a interface change to see all 8 npc slots at once or an attack x5/x10 button) and we have not ever recived it it is safe to assume we never will.

Also Senatorhung thats true its a HUGE deterant for new people entering the game (which is one of the reason the games active monthly player base keeps decreaseing new players are NOT willing to wait 1-3 years before they can have fun, and in the begining most people want to have all the cool toys on their ship.

totally disagree about it being a deterrent. i didn't reach 100% DCR until rank 385 (1 month shy of 2 years of playing). but i was still hacking and raiding before then. there is PLENTY of time to adjust if anyone feels that they've put on too many decks. and there is always the option to reset.

and on the other side, there are plenty of successful ships that have never considered SSB as an option. all the whinging about damage cap is just players who can't be arsed to figure out a better way to play when the mechanics are all there. Juice goes super cloak. bobtheunclean has insane defense. i maintain the lowest damage cap i possibly can. Hallu disregards PvP completely by auto.ranking out of the range of any potential targets. all perfectly valid options.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:11 am
Profile WWW

Stop complaining about PvP. Deaths don't matter in the game and it's just a number on the datasheet. If people don't want to hear about CoD K/Ds these days, who thinks anyone wants to hear about a small facebook space game K/D. Sure it might look nice, but it literally does nothing for you in-game. There are no accomplishments for it, and spending so much time considering how SSB could reduce your deaths is just a waste of your playtime better spent on planning your next planet build, your next ship goal, meeting and conversing with people, etc.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:48 am

Looks like most people didn't bother to read my post and just rehashed old arguments.

For the one that did read it - this has been asked for for years - thank you for the response.

If the developer is ignoring basic requests then it's no wonder the fan base is dying.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:56 am

If a player wants to become an SSB badly enough, they will reset their account and start again. I imagine that the GP purchases required for the player to re-gain all their mission planets and seasonal items far outweighs the amount he would gain if everyone were to do a one-time purchase to half their deck-size. I know of three players just off the top of my head that have reset their accounts and bought everything again.

It's a bad investment for Dan and that's why it won't happen, and this is before you even consider balance and PvP health.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:24 am

cgx wrote:
Looks like most people didn't bother to read my post and just rehashed old arguments.

For the one that did read it - this has been asked for for years - thank you for the response.

If the developer is ignoring basic requests then it's no wonder the fan base is dying.

cgx wrote:

Why would you expect anything other than the same old arguements when you are asking the same old question? I went large ship and now I dont derive as much benefit from them I want to go ssb to get the benefit of incredible pvp defence. If its that important to you despite only helping pvp defence and being suplementable for a calming amplifier/halcyon trap as a even stronger pvp defence in a large proportion of cases then you have the option of reseting. If not, then you suck it up and have to take your 10% attack buff from Cyclopean and free ergo with 1000 ap storage every 10 days from the corruption chain and deal with a larger damage cap.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:48 am

I LOVE killing the rank 250ish 5 year SSB. Some of the best comm whines have come from them. Always with the same insults. I am only rank 250!!!! What are you doing! I do not understand!!!!

No better whine than the death whine of an SSB.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:56 am

This concept has been suggested a hundred times and after this, it will be rejected a hundred more.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:14 am

i read the title wrong...thought gl had taken on a "new" meaning... never mind..wink

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:22 pm

senatorhung wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

totally disagree about it being a deterrent. i didn't reach 100% DCR until rank 385 (1 month shy of 2 years of playing). but i was still hacking and raiding before then. there is PLENTY of time to adjust if anyone feels that they've put on too many decks. and there is always the option to reset.

and on the other side, there are plenty of successful ships that have never considered SSB as an option. all the whinging about damage cap is just players who can't be arsed to figure out a better way to play when the mechanics are all there. Juice goes super cloak. bobtheunclean has insane defense. i maintain the lowest damage cap i possibly can. Hallu disregards PvP completely by auto.ranking out of the range of any potential targets. all perfectly valid options.

I would love to be wrong on this however with how the game is going, its hard to see it NOT as a deterant, with our total player base going DOWN not up. Factor in that most people (from a casual facebook gamer perspective) want things to be quick and fun not "wait X months before you can blast something" you can see how it might make someone not want to play as much. I would love to be wrong hear if you can show me how a casual player (lets say someone who logs in once a day with about say 30 mins a day max) does not see how the game is set up as a deterent I will happly hear your argument :) I am by no means saying that its the only factor but I feel it certanly is a significant one.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Shrinking decks does not help new players, it only helps older players and makes them harder to kill. New players build smartly and get tons of freebies if they are willing to listen. Removing decks is for the benefit of older players, not new ones. Please don't siderail the topic. Whether or not a deck-reduction arti should be implemented is irrelevant to the "SSB wall" that newer players face.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 pm

There IS already a way to shrink decks: RESET and admit you failed as a player.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:09 pm

senatorhung wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

Hmm....but I DO think of it as a PVP deterrent for the simple reason that, as the game goes on, it takes more and more real life time to PVP. The cap guarantees it since, regardless of how high you push your attack, ships will all stop growing at some point and then add defense, hull and shields forever -- but the best you can do offensively is hit their cap (which rarely or never grows). This translates into more hits per kill over time so a 50 kill PVP run now takes at least 3-4 hours of real life time (for me anyway). Turns PVP more into a job than fun. Is it any wonder many of the really strong ships out there don't really chase PVP? The cap really was a mistake, but only in part due to the small ship builds. It's mostly that it built mechanics into the game that hampers PVP as the game progresses. Not to mention that various elements were introduced to assist defenders (geminis and gammatrons) that have no offensive equivalent. I predict that your response will be that if you don't want to waste time PVPing, you don't have to (true), but I think more people would if it wasn't such a time killer. There's more activity going on with hacking and ice fishing now just because folks want to pick up actions without the normal PVP slog....

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]