View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 damage cap for tiny ship builds NEEDS to go 

oh yeah i think the SSB needs to change since we had nothing but flame wars because of it so if not to stop it then at least consider how bad things have got with the SSB scheme? think about it i have fought SSB players and they are mostly cocky ass players who are all mouth (not pointing anyone) and think they own everyone so i would love to see this SSB go to hell so would be funny to see how many of them are still gonna give the attitude lol

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:17 pm

I still don't see what the proposed change is here. Remove the rank OR decks damagecap and revert to deck only ?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 am

BinaryMan wrote:
I still don't see what the proposed change is here. Remove the rank OR decks damagecap and revert to deck only ?

i think that when you hit rank 200 your max damage cap should be automatically put at 200. so if you dont want it to be this damage on every hit you need to put defenses on which we all know requires you to build more deck to install defense

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:22 am

It really seem the only valid argument against SSB is the planet guarding , maybe making a new rule that you can't guarded a planet if you have been disabled in the last 5 min.

I don't even like my idea here , but the only way to counter SSB's overpowered (only real power too) planet guarding is to stop everyone from hopping back on after you spend the energy to bump them off.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 am

The way I understand it, all rank points for SSB go into either tac officers or engineers, so assuming a decent art production, they shouldn't really be that far behind other ships in attack or energy. Decks for when their cap increases come from ship-bots. Also, as I understand it, that's where high-ranked ships put all their points anyway, so it seems to me that SSB are just getting on that bandwagon early, which could prove very helpful. They have excellent deck/output ratios from primarily relying on special modules, and don't have to equip defense mods...

Seems to me that the only real weaknesses then are that they are reliant on their legion to share npcs for their mods, that they can't effectively hack, and that they have a much lower max scan, making them very reliant on purgers to find planets (also an increased vulnerability to hacks, esp crit hacks due to having a worse planets owned/planets scanned ratio...)

Major strengths are that it is prohibitively expensive to attack them, they are excellent planet guards, and they can devote their rp to more focused pursuits such as weapons and hull without worrying about the defense tree at all, and probably also without worrying too much about the scan tree. Cloak and shields are only for planet protection...

I understand the vitriol towards them, I know I don't like that spending loads of rp on mods and all my rank points on decks means SSB will nuke me consistently, but I do not understand all of this LOLOLOL SSB R WEEK AT HIGH RANKS nonsense when no SSB has even reached the ranks in question yet, and the strategy involves mimicking max ranked ship strat anyway...

The world is a mess and I just need to...
RULE it.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:19 am

Dr Bill wrote:
The way I understand it, all rank points for SSB go into either tac officers or engineers, so assuming a decent art production, they shouldn't really be that far behind other ships in attack or energy. Decks for when their cap increases come from ship-bots. Also, as I understand it, that's where high-ranked ships put all their points anyway, so it seems to me that SSB are just getting on that bandwagon early, which could prove very helpful. They have excellent deck/output ratios from primarily relying on special modules, and don't have to equip defense mods...

Seems to me that the only real weaknesses then are that they are reliant on their legion to share npcs for their mods, that they can't effectively hack, and that they have a much lower max scan, making them very reliant on purgers to find planets (also an increased vulnerability to hacks, esp crit hacks due to having a worse planets owned/planets scanned ratio...)

Major strengths are that it is prohibitively expensive to attack them, they are excellent planet guards, and they can devote their rp to more focused pursuits such as weapons and hull without worrying about the defense tree at all, and probably also without worrying too much about the scan tree. Cloak and shields are only for planet protection...

I understand the vitriol towards them, I know I don't like that spending loads of rp on mods and all my rank points on decks means SSB will nuke me consistently, but I do not understand all of this LOLOLOL SSB R WEEK AT HIGH RANKS nonsense when no SSB has even reached the ranks in question yet, and the strategy involves mimicking max ranked ship strat anyway...

about planet scan you are a bit wrong, since they can afford to take a LOT more arti planets they can do with ship what ever they want, to max out theyr can they need just bit over 500 decks, which isnt a big deal any way, with full buffs they still have decent chance of getting nice planets... and yeah those ships will be weak at hacking... but i guess every raid will be crt one.. lol and they will have HUGE advantage in base fights, since they will have low damage cap

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm

sometimes i still wish i was a SSB, and i wasnt a a-hole, and not all SSB players are aholes. Ejja is just the most vocal of them, heck when i first started to use the SSB i wanted to have a entire legion of SSB. if you know how to plan it right you can become a beast. like if i were to reset i could create a SSB that even in the high ranks would be beastly.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 pm

It seems that people never think of the smaller ship build: not having as many decks as possible, but instead building them slowly with just ship-bots, or maybe he occasional rank point when a new module is researched.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

Hawkeblade wrote:
sometimes i still wish i was a SSB, and i wasnt a a-hole, and not all SSB players are aholes. Ejja is just the most vocal of them, heck when i first started to use the SSB i wanted to have a entire legion of SSB. if you know how to plan it right you can become a beast. like if i were to reset i could create a SSB that even in the high ranks would be beastly.

i got no problem but its SSB ppl like ejjkai who get coky and mouthy on myself and others because of it as you and everyone else seen.
she thinks having it makes her indestructible but she hasnt been in the kill leaderboard in a long time now....wonder why?
if she wasnt SSB but still had the mouth then this thread and support for it to happen wouldnt existed at the end of the day

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Necro'ed for some fun debate reading. haha. I guess we see who got the last laugh after all.

Fri May 24, 2013 4:31 pm

SSB = good
MSB = good
LSB = pepetualy angry at SSBs

Stark Tech Inside

Fri May 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Maybe I'm just not high enough rank to see why it is such a big deal, but if a larger ship compensates for damage cap with defense, what's the problem?

Saw two ships on my BT the other day, both with roughly 2.3k decks. One was a Sillixx Explorer with 1,900-something defense, the other was an Aerlen Fixer with 11k+ defense. Guess which one I bumped off my tab and which one I disabled?

IMO, the only situation in which the SSB complainers may have a leg to stand on is when an SSB uses a zillion debuffs on a larger ship many times their rank then proceeds to cut through it like butter -- the stacking can get kinda ridiculous. But even then, every one of those artis cost energy, there are the inevitable alerts and retaliations that occur, etc., so it's not this is an everyday occurrence.

And despite the damage cap advantage, unless your arti production is absolutely obscene, being SSB forces a much slower playstyle, severely limits the number of planets you can scan, etc., so it's not they're all just sitting there laughing at larger ships as they sip tea and slow-rank in the land of rainbows and unicorns.

I only read the first and most recent posts, so I am sure everything I just said has already been covered here (and better).

Fri May 24, 2013 5:24 pm

I agree that SSBs are annoying but they went through severe hardship (forced to have higher AP/h than others, not enough space for other modules) and deserve to reap a reward. Golgatha is a perfect example of a high ranking SSB/MSB that likely had to suffer difficulties in the lower ranks.

Sorry but -1 for this.

Sat May 25, 2013 12:18 am

Many of the recently bumped posts have been topics that the community have agreed that need to be implemented for a long time, or ideas in a myriad of forms that keep being re suggested.

This is not one of these things.

SSB problems get posted regularly, and just as regularly shot down. In essense, they argument boils down to "That specialized ship is better at pvp defence than me, and that's not fair because I did not do it"

Just let it die.

However, if you want to bring up related topics such as regarding planets after dying instantly, reworks of critical hit systems, or the fact that anyone with enough hull (not ssb's only) are invincible online, feel free.

Meanwhile, go hack a defenceless ssb a few times, make yourself feel better. You just did something no SSB can ever do- multitask quickly and easily.

Sat May 25, 2013 1:43 am

Go! Go! Tricky style!

Sat May 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
IMO, the only situation in which the SSB complainers may have a leg to stand on...

Exotica... It is hard enough to get a person of there who is active. It is neigh impossible to do it to a SSB.

Sat May 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Golgotha wrote:
SSB problems get posted regularly, and just as regularly shot down. In essense, they argument boils down to "That specialized ship is better at pvp defence than me, and that's not fair because I did not do it"

However, if you want to bring up related topics such as regarding planets after dying instantly, reworks of critical hit systems, or the fact that anyone with enough hull (not ssb's only) are invincible online, feel free.

As a SSB, you have a stake in the outcome for this, no surprise you don't want a chance.

That said, there is an issue with damage in general. A ship with more attack and defense than a base takes about 10x what it can hit for because of caps. A SSB with good hull is more invulnerable than a MSB/LSB with the same or even more hull.

The big issue is that when these caps were created, the biggest ship was still in the hundreds of levels. The game has evolved, they have not. Even many of the current modules have evolved (% boost rather than multiples adding extra deck), causing that much more of a difference.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a SSB shouldn't have benefits over a LSB in some way, I just don't believe the current set up is appropriate with where the game has evolved to.

Sat May 25, 2013 11:03 pm

It is true that you can have some large bennies as a SSB, but as scan and the ability to hold more and more planets has increased, doesn't that also give a large bonus to LSBs (MSBs that are willing to swap)?

Seems to me, that if you are into PvP/disable only, SSB is a big advantage... but it really is balanced out by other things you can't do. Bring up guarding a planet, for example -- SSB has an advantage while the planet is under attack, but what of the flip side? How many SSBs can guard a nice project planet and make it effectively invisible from enemy scans while it is being worked on?

While I'm not a fan of LSB (possibly because I've never had one), it seems there are reasonable debits and credits to all builds.

Sun May 26, 2013 12:49 am

Pongoloid wrote:
It is true that you can have some large bennies as a SSB, but as scan and the ability to hold more and more planets has increased, doesn't that also give a large bonus to LSBs (MSBs that are willing to swap)?

Seems to me, that if you are into PvP/disable only, SSB is a big advantage... but it really is balanced out by other things you can't do. Bring up guarding a planet, for example -- SSB has an advantage while the planet is under attack, but what of the flip side? How many SSBs can guard a nice project planet and make it effectively invisible from enemy scans while it is being worked on?

While I'm not a fan of LSB (possibly because I've never had one), it seems there are reasonable debits and credits to all builds.

This...

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Sun May 26, 2013 1:03 am

Pongoloid wrote:
How many SSBs can guard a nice project planet and make it effectively invisible from enemy scans while it is being worked on?

huh? Do people do this? That seems dumb... I've never heard of any build doing that, other than maybe people who don't have enough cloak researched. You just put on +800s until its invisible

Sun May 26, 2013 1:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next