View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 damage cap for tiny ship builds NEEDS to go 

A fancy short comment from Dan would be very much appreciated. I dare to bet on that.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:39 am

I can see it now lol
Dan wrote:
fancy short comment

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:05 pm

FerrusManus wrote:
Removing the deck-based cap entirely would lower the cap of nearly everyone in the game.

Actually, I don't see a problem with that. It would mean that it'd be harder to kill everyone - and perhaps removing halcs from the game would balance things. That way, everyone's killable - no energy is wasted because of halcs. PVP-ers would be happier - getting the same number of kills as before (or perhaps more) because of the balance of (i) previously halc-ed targets are now killable and (ii) more hits needed to kill in general.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:36 am

squodge wrote:
FerrusManus wrote:
Removing the deck-based cap entirely would lower the cap of nearly everyone in the game.

Actually, I don't see a problem with that. It would mean that it'd be harder to kill everyone - and perhaps removing halcs from the game would balance things. That way, everyone's killable - no energy is wasted because of halcs. PVP-ers would be happier - getting the same number of kills as before (or perhaps more) because of the balance of (i) previously halc-ed targets are now killable and (ii) more hits needed to kill in general.

So you would prefer it if the variable your damage taken is based on was purely level based? That every single time you ever level up, you permanently take more damage and have no way to prevent it? And you also spend more time talking about how good an idea it would be to remove halc traps than actually talking about the issue.

Why is this topic even up :(

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Golgotha wrote:

Flux went forum-digging and decided to nerco half the bad ideas from the past.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Wolfy Minion wrote:
Golgotha wrote:

Flux went forum-digging and decided to nerco half the bad ideas from the past.

pardon me, but it is your personal opinion, that 5 from 10 ideas I mentioned in new top 10 suggestions are bad.
I disagree.

Feel free to comment in the "top 10 suggestions" thread as well, I personally wonder which 5 ideas are bad and why... then we will see the response of the rest of forum community.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:09 pm

squodge wrote:
FerrusManus wrote:

It probably wouldn't balance out. For my ship, removing the deck-based damage cap would make me take about a quarter the damage I currently do, which is quite a large difference.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:11 pm

squodge wrote:
bunch o' "stuff"

it's already been discussed in many threads so I'm not gonna argue why removing halcs is not okay.

OR

someone could read the thread and realize any argument put forth would have already been discussed, debated, and deterred.

Go! Go! Tricky style!

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:38 am

I dont even know why ppl are bothering with this stupid post
1st "someone" who has 7700 decks started crying about damage cap - WTF? its not going to be removed mainly because half of the ppl are deck orientated simply because they realized that having max decks is silly but ppl who blindly added decks now are very sad well ... tough luck shouldve been smarter and included some strategy when building their ships

2nd I tho this was a DMG CAP post not remove halc thats even more ridiculous than the 1st claim .... no comment

IMO just get on with it the game has a wide varaity of play style you can ask from the developers to adjust it to your own needs how selfish!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Bosko wrote:
1st "someone" who has 7700 decks started crying about damage cap - WTF? its not going to be removed mainly because half of the ppl are deck orientated simply because they realized that having max decks is silly but ppl who blindly added decks now are very sad well ... tough luck shouldve been smarter and included some strategy when building their ships

2nd I tho this was a DMG CAP post not remove halc thats even more ridiculous than the 1st claim .... no comment

IMO just get on with it the game has a wide varaity of play style you can ask from the developers to adjust it to your own needs how selfish!

You can have a large ship build while still having some strategy involved, not everyone with big ship complains. Don't generalize, I have 7000 decks and I am perfectly happy with my ship, sure smaller ones are stronger good for them but my goals are aimed at something else like collecting modules.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Bosko wrote:

perfektly happey with my 6800 decks and my throphy case of NPC kills.....and will proberly add more as I pick up More NPC/mission systems

only 2 thing I realy hate about the dammage cap, is the fact that standart shipsystems are becomming more and more uselss every time Dan makes a New mission Chain / update that gives us new super systems that favor small ships

systems like, Cosmic Rail (size 20, Attack +360, Defense +360, Cloak +360, Energy +360 (500% Upgrade)), Stacked Attiroth Plating (size 25, Hull +2000 (300% Upgrade)), Alarri Probability Core (size 20, Defense +270, Cloak +360) etc

and the simpel fact, that you are better off in PVP by not adding any defence at all, going all hull instead, and keeping your dammage cap as low as posible

so as I see things, you can keep your dammage cap, but please give us some new Tiers of Defensive Systems Recearch so we get some new upgraded standart defence systems actualy worth adding to Large ships, or give us some systems designed to mostly benefit large ships to ballance things with the 20+ super systems we have been getting the last year or so

or critical hits, where the dammage is simply based on attack vs defence and ignore dammage caps

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:52 pm

why not, keep the dcap but implement one of the many ideas that would solve issues like this not just for little ships but juggernauts aswel.
in time 3,500 cap on some ships will be like hittng a lower rank ssb. Fluffers idea, or my Wither idea or others would solve the issue on all fronts. I know we have a trend of fixing the thing after its been broken for 6 months to a year and people are flipping out. but my adding some things that have been suggested we can avoid a future issue.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:54 pm

would having a damage cap based on rank deffnce or just rank alone?

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Personally I'm fine with the way it is now. If someone wants to build their ship down the small ship build path by all means let them and just don't fight them if you don't want to deal with it. I love my large ship build. 7K decks and still adding. Its a fun time to look at all the mods on my ship and then look at a small ship build and see how little they have. lol I would much rather have the damage cap the way it is now then what it used to be. I'm sure it has been mentioned here all ready but it was based on hull. And back when it was based on hull I was adding a ton of decks and no hull. Then it was switched one night and my awesome ship build that took next to no damage was an easy target. So I started adding hull but since I was (or thought I was) all ready to far gone on how many decks I had I just kept going strong instead of switching to a small ship build. And if I wouldn't of I would of never done many of the things or got as far as I have in this game.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

mojo311 wrote:
Personally I'm fine with the way it is now. If someone wants to build their ship down the small ship build path by all means let them and just don't fight them if you don't want to deal with it. I love my large ship build. 7K decks and still adding. Its a fun time to look at all the mods on my ship and then look at a small ship build and see how little they have. lol I would much rather have the damage cap the way it is now then what it used to be. I'm sure it has been mentioned here all ready but it was based on hull. And back when it was based on hull I was adding a ton of decks and no hull. Then it was switched one night and my awesome ship build that took next to no damage was an easy target. So I started adding hull but since I was (or thought I was) all ready to far gone on how many decks I had I just kept going strong instead of switching to a small ship build. And if I wouldn't of I would of never done many of the things or got as far as I have in this game.

same

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:37 am

+1 The small ship build is a B.S. way around actually playing the game. It's illogical. And creates a disincentive for people to build bigger ships which, consequently, will cause people to spend less money on adding to their ship which is a hit that Dan is taking. If anything the bigger ships need some kind of advantage too because the small ship build is a bane to all players in GL

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 am

He needs to change damage cap with a hull and defense formula or something other than halve your decks.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 am

can this thread just die already lol I think it has been discussed to death as I feel all points have been made.

If you don't like ssbs or msbs just dont hit them on the bt, easy your problem fixed :p or just hack them as they are easier to hack than other ships.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:20 am

whito01 wrote:
can this thread just die already lol I think it has been discussed to death as I feel all points have been made.

If you don't like ssbs or msbs just dont hit them on the bt, easy your problem fixed :p or just hack them as they are easier to hack than other ships.

your view is subjective. plus your post is not in line with your wish.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 am

Pennsyltucky wrote:
+1 The small ship build is a B.S. way around actually playing the game. It's illogical. And creates a disincentive for people to build bigger ships which, consequently, will cause people to spend less money on adding to their ship which is a hit that Dan is taking. If anything the bigger ships need some kind of advantage too because the small ship build is a bane to all players in GL

Way around actually playing the game? Im a game where choices about how to proceed are offered, there is now 'way to play the game'. It is highly logical, depending on what you want to do in the game.
Spend less on adding to their ship? You want people to spend money on Ship Bots? Right... SSBs can spend just as much money as an MSB. Bigger ships already have advantages- Scanning for one. It is not a bane to all players, you just sound rather sore of butt that they are hard to disable when done well. Both SSBs and MSBs have pros and cons associated with them, neither is a sure fire way to beat the game.

Pennsyltucky wrote:
He needs to change damage cap with a hull and defense formula or something other than halve your decks.

So Large ship builds have the advantage as they can put more hull and certainly def mods on.

whito01 wrote:

Agreed. It is fine as it is and should not be changed (and would totally screw over any SSBs if it was changed as they have built their entire game around this choice)

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next