View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 {trade} Please make a trading/market/economy feature 

Do you want a Trade type market feature
Yes 95%  95%  [ 199 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 209

{trade} Please make a trading/market/economy feature 

Location: Bridge of my ship, preparing thousands of my tactical officers for the next battle
On Nov. 15, 2011

webguydan wrote:
Thanks for the continued feedback. Its very likely that a global market feature will be added. Given the amount of work planned up to the New Year though, its best estimated as an early 2012 feature. :)

Keep the ideas coming.

Thanks to all those who gave votes, discussed the benifits and supported the petition.

As of now there has been 5 or more treading groups established in face books and a lot of items have been changing hands at uncontrolled rates.

How about making this available in game so all members can have access. You can design it like the stock market where in the npc will have sell and buy orders. If there are other players willing to buy items on the same buy and sell orders items can be exchanged.

Items can be bought with credits instead of kurenite, em or ctp. Of course the game can have a cut on the selling price so that it will not be abused.

In every game that I played it always is fun to have a trading aspect in the game and even if you do not intend to put this in game. It does exist already. Why not make it official.

Sell order for 100 time manipulator at 150 million each. The npc will not engage the trade unless there is a buy order for that item for the same amount or bigger price. It will definitely work.

I remember that in many online games trading has become part of the game where people spend about 50% of their time just trading. When people are out of energy they will try to work on the trading aspect of the game.

At the same time I do believe that you will attract trading type players in game if you implement this feature.

Last edited by Remric on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 pm

YESSSS!!! +150 love it i love games that have that it makes it so much easier to find buyers and or sellers

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:09 am

yeah ! we need this feature

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:51 am

I like the idea of a trading system. A player-based economy would develop from it.

...But at the same time, it would negate the need for most of the GP buyable items, which means less income for Dan. I don't see this happening. :(

My folding@home stats :)

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:32 am

Location: Bridge of my ship, preparing thousands of my tactical officers for the next battle
there are items that only dan can sell and that we cannot trade.

androids, durtainium, xcharge, all the chassis and terraformers and spacial expanders. oh include the other features that he has added for the base.

some people buy planet flux to sell for credits. DAN will still get his $$$ but the game economy will start and i believe that can be a new interest in the game.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:36 am

I was pretty sure most people just got thoughs items through artifact pulls don't they?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 pm

+1

genuis-ness, it would make trading so much easier..

judging by the amount of players trading on facebook at the moment, i'd say this feature would be appreciated by all players, low and high rank..

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Definatly +1, alot of players would really apreatiate it and the ones that dont, well they dont have to touch the market i think there are alot of people out there that would be more intented to play if there was an intergrated trading system

CupCakeee

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:35 pm

+1

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Market system makes sense, you just have to watch out for inflation and stuff. Usually "tax" on trades is implemented to draw some resources out of the game. Sendable items are pretty much fair play here, since you could through other mechanisms do it anyway (ie, FB friend or trade pact). I think he would need to give it some thought, as it can be easy to corner the market. However, I think the oligopoly already in place isn't that helpful to certain trade groups (like the people who want CTP). An open, double sided market system is generally better (buy and sell orders which can be matched with incoming orders). All items expressed in credits and taxed for the convenience with instant order fulfillment (either you have the credits, or you don't).

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:16 pm

+1 I'd definetly like to see this put in the game

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:59 pm
Profile WWW

BinaryMan wrote:
Market system makes sense, you just have to watch out for inflation and stuff. Usually "tax" on trades is implemented to draw some resources out of the game. Sendable items are pretty much fair play here, since you could through other mechanisms do it anyway (ie, FB friend or trade pact). I think he would need to give it some thought, as it can be easy to corner the market. However, I think the oligopoly already in place isn't that helpful to certain trade groups (like the people who want CTP). An open, double sided market system is generally better (buy and sell orders which can be matched with incoming orders). All items expressed in credits and taxed for the convenience with instant order fulfillment (either you have the credits, or you don't).

This is the way the Wall street actually works.

Someone sells but the sell does not takes place unless there is a buyer that's ready to buy at that price. Commission can be taken after the trade either in percentage or after the fact. Everything that can be traded can be available in the trading center. including EM, CTP and all the artifacts that can be traded.

If Dan wishes to make planets trade-able there should be a mechanism to do so. of course he can control if the planet should be Unoccupied or (selling) player owned. I believe its in Dans interest to only allow sales of seller controlled and unoccupied planets.

There are artifacts that people are still buying with GP and then selling for in game produced stuff.

Examples
Planet FLUX
Mineral Storage Tower
Artifact Warehouse
Research Data Archive

And there are still artifacts where in Dan has a monopoly in the sales.

Examples.
Quasi-Spacial Expander
Terraforming Device
Ship-Bot
Planet Name Contract
Android Helmsman
Android Scientist
Null Fuse
Tesseract Container
Star Chart Purger
Weather Controller
F.A.T.H.E.R.
Radiant Surge Cannon
Human Training Barracks
Sillixx Starport
Structural Extender
Tactical Base Extender
Warp Arch
Base Comm Interlink

++ all the chassis structures.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Damn good idea

Have given up caffeine- probably best just not to talk to me

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:24 pm

I know that's how it works :P

I used to program stock trading simulations using trade by trade exchange data. Note that like 70% or something of real stock trading is program trading.

I prefer double sided because it's more efficient and transparent to traders.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:42 am

I'm not so sure but I believe kingdom of camelot uses this kind of trading.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Even Evony uses double sided market. Look at google images for "evony market". If we had that for sendable artifacts, CTP, EM, well that would be good.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:30 pm

+1

"They should know no one can kill something that doesn't exist" - Rarek

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

+1

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Here is a trade window for Kingdom of Camelot.

As you can see there' a tab for each resource and then a list of all the current sellers. Players have the option to buy on the prices available.

You can set up a sell order on the right side of the screen.

My idea is somewhat like this.

Each trade-able items should have a page where in the sellers can compete with price and the buyers can buy if they like the price thats being offered for the items. with this setup people tend to compete and makes the prices of the items dependent on supply and demand.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:46 am

i was thinking and suddenly i realized that Dan's current feature of trading agreement will not match with this kind of feature, But i do love the trade routes feature and I want it to stay.. The only part I dont like about it is that it does not work Apart from locating the player in the trade pact is so difficult. unless he changes this feature its not going to get used. But please make the trade route effect stay.. if you want to change the name of that feature feel free but let the +% on the trade route stay just give us a valid trading experience in game.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next