View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Solution (partial) to people who have quit playing. 

KIMBAwannadie2 wrote:
Veristek wrote:
There's a very simple solution to this.

"Vacation Mode"

Players who KNOW they will go inactive for lengthy periods of time and want to come back to GL should toggle and use the "Vacation Mode". That mode freezes everything- no resource production, immune to attacks and hacks, planets immune to invasion, etc.

Inactive players who DO NOT toggle "Vacation Mode" deserve to give up their planets and stuff, especially if they have Icy, Oceanic, Terran, Exotic, or Dyson planets.

well the flaw with that is.... some will be hitting vacation mode every night before bed.... or i am going to the cabin this weekend to fish or mud my truck... hit vacation mode... and i am immune for 2-3 days

every time you try to right some injustice... you create others... there're lots of planets... if it gets to the point where we need more... Dan will either find more space, or the game will get very brutal (and interesting) in pvp for planets...

i play mafia wars, i cant remember the last time i sat down and played for a day... sometime in jan is all i know, i am lvl 850 have over 5k into that account... and it just sits there... i haven't even logged in to burn stamina or energy in days if not weeks, i don't care.... its my choice i know when i return i will have been killed, robbed, repeatedly, and weaker for my absence, its my choice, i have to pay the consequences for that choice...

Here-Here! Exactly my point! =) That is my thing w/ these games too and I'm fine with people playing the game while I'm away as long as my account is not deleted or marked inactive. Right own I find this game very interesting and play it constantly, if you want one of these boring 'farm the in actives!!' games go play Travian or something.

~Q

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:01 pm

well what about my idea of a vacation mode? no one has turned it down yet...

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:17 pm

I officially reject ALL of these ideas. :lol:

But, seriously, I don't think anything is at all necessary.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:40 pm

yes, I have rejected vacation mode so have several others.

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2