View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Tiny planets idea + HQ 

Introduce tax income.
That way tiny/very tiny planets can be used. Currently, sparse and tiny planets are leftovers. Perhaps make it able to tax the population? Smaller planet and lousier mineral/artifact/research points should yield more tax. Also more pop yield more tax. Less resources but more population on planet will make things "expensive" there, thus higher taxes. Also perhaps make taxed planet unable to produce other resources?

It should be balanced so that sparse stats and small planets don't jump too much in value.

Final roundup: tax income depends on planet size, stats, pop, and rank level. Also number of taxed planets should be limited and needs to be "harvested" like the other resource points.

HQ (some ideas credit to Mox posts :))

Perhaps there should be possible to make a planet a HQ? Now the games seems to be like your ship is where civilization lives.
Suggested buildings ->
1) Shield recharger (speeds up shield recharge rate)
2) Hull repairs (only repairs non-disabled ship)
3) Modules repairs (only repairs non-broken and unequipped modules - say costs 90-75% of normal repairs?)
4) *Defense structures that defends ship when under attack (bonus negated during missions and kills, bonus only for defending) (adds planet shield/def/att/scan/cloak)* Planet shield shows shield amount on planet, taking damage first before a docked ship
5) Storage structures (artifacts, minerals) Stored items cannot be used, need to dock and transfer to cargo bay (uses energy)
6) Population -> provides workforce, reduces energy requirement for transferring minerals/artifacts (each building here should have population workforce requirements) Pop don't act as a planet HP as they are hiding in structures now :)

Higher tier buildings speeds up repairs and reduces repair costs. Research of following buildings should be mostly integrated into planetary structures research tree.
Attack damage should spread between structures and docked ship should planet shield be reduced to 0. Storage buildings can be raided. buildings should not be destroyable, just disabled.
No production, cannot be invaded, does not count towards planet limit, HQ planet size limited by rank, very difficult to scan/hack

Converting planet to HQ - planet must not be found by anyone else (flux if needed), does not contain non-HQ buildings

To use HQ structures, ship needs to dock. While docked using recharger/repairs will cost credits but cheaper and slower than the repairing hull in [SHIP]
When docked, action window will show buttons like start repair hull/shield modules (OR perhaps a HQ tab :))
Docked ships cannot do missions that deal damage, kill players, colonise/invade planets

*These ideas are going to be hard to balance

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:11 am

I definitely like the HQ idea but will likely want to put a special spin on it... hehe

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Good to hear. After reading some reviews for Galaxy Legion, complains on bullies and complicated game. I remember the first week I was lost even though I went through the tutorial. Hope the HQ won't make the game complicated for new players. On the bullies part, perhaps making new players immune to aggression from and towards other players? (cannot invade, kill) Something like immunity for the first 5 days or until rank 20, whichever comes first. Perhaps that would prevent people from quiting on the first few days :)

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:22 am

I added an idea on HQs and using less-than-useful planets in my tread Political Science Research. It has a "capital city" building for creating an HQ and a "trade center" for use on lesser planets.

Sun May 23, 2010 6:49 pm

There have been ideas of a "Homeworld" before maybe we could just cut to the chase and say Homeworld=HQ

Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405

In my post I gave some suggestions for tax income.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Sun May 23, 2010 9:55 pm

I know there are a lot of mixed feelings on the homeworld/HQ concept. I for one like the idea, it comes up now and then.

I think homeworld=HQ could work well.
In its simplest form:
The player can designate ONE planet to be the "homeworld." This planet would have bonuses to some combination of production, capacity, and defense. Something like this could exist within the current framework of the game as it is today with (I would think) minimal programming. If you lose the planet, you designate a different world.

Other less simple thoughts/variants that might or might not work: (I'm not saying these all have to be part of it. Just brainstorming.)
- It could be the 1st planet you take by default, and be safe from invasion.
- You can either start with it, or research it, or link it to a chain of missions.
- Your homeworld could be upgradeable with new techs from the existing branches or via its own branch (for example zopah's political branch idea.) Yes, this would involve huge amounts of work.
- Homeworld stats or abilities could be linked to your starting race. For example Vygoid would add research, Konqul might get a bonus to planet attack, etc.
- It could be static (not movable) or instead maybe have a mineral/credit/artifact/GP requirement to relocate.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:06 pm

That was made a lot better than my idea. I tend to be rigid in my suggestions to leave a better framework for improvements, but that goes overboard sometimes.

I like the idea of homeworld bonuses linked to starting race.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:27 pm

webguydan wrote:

I definitely like the HQ idea but will likely want to put a special spin on it... hehe

HUGE BUMP, is thats idea will arrive anytime soon ? :D

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:55 pm

well obviously, the 7 years of thought and development are about to be sprung upon us...BIGLY...it will be the best ever...bigger, better...it will rock so much you won't be able to handle how good it will be

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:00 am

Seems like Prismatic became HQ

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:57 pm

DarthNefarious wrote:
Seems like Prismatic became HQ

But for newer players you have to wait 5 years, maybe a homeworld should be made available for all players, with the Prismatic being there for the OG players.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:09 pm

I wouldn't argue that point.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]