View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 damage cap for tiny ship builds NEEDS to go 

icarium81 wrote:
for each helmsman/tac officer, that your damage cap go up

helmsman would be useless then

Vanir wrote:
What if the size of the ship was determined by the decks and say 1/2 of crew...

I may be noobish for saying this but; I'm not entirely sure what this means but if I think I know what you mean then it would ?make decks useless? if the size you mean is what determines the size of your ship which will allow someone to add all crew without having to add a single deck but have the same benefits of doing so, just by using the Sillix race(which in the description says 10% to ship size) that adds to decks for a while until they've put enough crew in to have both space and crew effect so yea....no.

Uy23e wrote:
ONLY the problem of them guarding planets which would incur an unreasonablly large amount of energy used.

Umm... Unstable Wormhole Emitter? 30 energy vs. your calculated 200+ energy. (Correct me if I'm missing something, this just seems too obvious of an answer)

destroyer43 wrote:
damage cap based off your max hull
it just doubles your cap, if you add more defense, you can essentially double the number of hits you can take.

If that were the case, couldn't someone just keep their hull low, and put their defense at an insane amount which would initially make their damage cap rather legion base-hit-low= meaning like 10s or 5s, giving the same issue of too much energy used? With the current state of damage caps, this scenario is much harder to obtain, I presume.

I welcome some sort of correction on anything I said.

Well that is all, have a nice day... unless you tear my post apart....then I'll be back.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:33 am

Monk223 wrote:
Uy23e wrote:
ONLY the problem of them guarding planets which would incur an unreasonablly large amount of energy used.

Umm... Unstable Wormhole Emitter? 30 energy vs. your calculated 200+ energy. (Correct me if I'm missing something, this just seems too obvious of an answer)

They would most likely use a Planet Vortex Deflector so that you have to go through them.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 am

Well people miss the point that tiny ship means a slow ranker who wants to be powerful with minimal decks. But at low rank you have less planets thus crap AP so you are not really getting helms/tac. So it seems kind of pointless to me. You don't have enough decks to really do anything, or AP to crew up except over a REALLY long time sitting and not doing anything.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:49 am

Total coincidence Darth. Even some of our members don't believe it but where PA changed names to represent their current goals, UI has been discussing a new name and policy change for several months. The fact that we changed our names practically the same day, put everyone in our legion into a tissy, thinking the low enders were going to be distributed out and replaced with higher ranked ships.

This is not the case. Nemesis is doing its own thing, indepedent of the current affairs in PA.

Back on point however, anyone wants to take a look at my ship, be my guest. I play every day, and I have never sat around not doing anything... My ship is a success and all you psychics out there that foretell the future about the imminent failure of an SSB at high ranks, well, that's for me and the rest of us SSBs to find out.

Play your game, we'll play ours. We dealt with the first time nerf. Any crybabies (who I again remind, are only here because they got their digital asses handed to them in this war) manage to get Dan to nerf it again, we will adapt, again.

SCION still won't fight, fyi. We're down to 4 on our ship's logs. And they may think they're winning something by wasting all their arts and TMs on the rank 150 zolazin Saboteur who only plays maybe once a day, the fact remains, that even if you all fall off our feeds, we will simply KOS your legion and move on.

Ejjakai
Nemesis

The hubby needs to stay off my laptop!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Ejjakai wrote:
Total coincidence Darth. Even some of our members don't believe it but where PA changed names to represent their current goals, UI has been discussing a new name and policy change for several months. The fact that we changed our names practically the same day, put everyone in our legion into a tissy, thinking the low enders were going to be distributed out and replaced with higher ranked ships.

This is not the case. Nemesis is doing its own thing, indepedent of the current affairs in PA.

Back on point however, anyone wants to take a look at my ship, be my guest. I play every day, and I have never sat around not doing anything... My ship is a success and all you psychics out there that foretell the future about the imminent failure of an SSB at high ranks, well, that's for me and the rest of us SSBs to find out.

Play your game, we'll play ours. We dealt with the first time nerf. Any crybabies (who I again remind, are only here because they got their digital asses handed to them in this war) manage to get Dan to nerf it again, we will adapt, again.

SCION still won't fight, fyi. We're down to 4 on our ship's logs. And they may think they're winning something by wasting all their arts and TMs on the rank 150 zolazin Saboteur who only plays maybe once a day, the fact remains, that even if you all fall off our feeds, we will simply KOS your legion and move on.

Ejjakai
Nemesis

So basically, you guys changed your names because you were worried about being targeted by the Dysonians. Good to know. Been meaning to ask you about that.

Oh! BTW, don't get on me about the way we fight our wars. One day it's 3 of us, somedays it's all of us fighting. Somedays...well, can't a guy go drink a beer and hit on some girls?

Only an idiot attacks where he's expected to. I'll say one thing about you and your ilk though: You make it tough. Constant barrages of BS spewed upon our comms daily. It's a testament to your energy production that you can talk that much trash and still fight. You know that's how you love to fight. You talk trash to an enemy ship and they run into a KV then you gun them down. I get it. Great strategy.

Use your propaganda. You're already trying it with some of my crew. Do what you do. Out us as the bad guy so you can stop fighting with that smugness we've come to rely upon. Tell the world that you've won and turn your back on us. Take your eyes off of us if we bore you so much. We're no threat to you, right? Go ahead. I dare you. "Play your game, we'll play ours." Isn't that what you said?

Why so concerned about a legion that isn't a concern, I wonder? :?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile YIM

you misunderstood, it wasn't meant as a 1:1 ration... i was thinking something along the lines of 1:4 or even 1:8...

I'm still fighting and it still seems wrong that with a NEGATIVE GD ATTACK AND DEFENCE, ejjakai can still do ANY damage AND only take 80 dmg.... WTF do the numbers count for then... NOTHING in this case.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 pm

If you can't beat 'em, join em!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 pm
Profile WWW

icarium81 wrote:

you misunderstood, it wasn't meant as a 1:1 ration... i was thinking something along the lines of 1:4 or even 1:8...

I'm still fighting and it still seems wrong that with a NEGATIVE GD ATTACK AND DEFENCE, ejjakai can still do ANY damage AND only take 80 dmg.... WTF do the numbers count for then... NOTHING in this case.

The attack and defense weren't actually negative, those numbers actually don't count for much, they're based solely on modules and buffs/debuffs, no crew included.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

ok, but she still didnt have her 1500 or whatever attack... she cant possibly have that many crew pumped in to attack to offset that much of a deficit... from what I've gathered she's pumping energy so she can battle more... (could be wrong of course, she's not about to let me peak at her ship screen)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:53 pm

icarium81 wrote:
ok, but she still didnt have her 1500 or whatever attack... she cant possibly have that many crew pumped in to attack to offset that much of a deficit... from what I've gathered she's pumping energy so she can battle more... (could be wrong of course, she's not about to let me peak at her ship screen)

you can use a spyprobe to get her actual value, and from there figure how much tac officers and helms officers she has based on modules installed

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Lone.Lycan wrote:
icarium81 wrote:

you can use a spyprobe to get her actual value, and from there figure how much tac officers and helms officers she has based on modules installed

Yep, and don't forget to consider race/profession bonus... Konqul Fixer and Aerlen Fixer are popular choices of SSB players.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:06 pm
Profile WWW

Personally I applaud people that - successfully - create an SSB, it takes alot of planning and maneuvering to pull it off.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Like I've said before, i DO respect her chosen style of gameplay, I just don't think that my defence should count against me (I've gotta have the decks to install it)

Can ANYONE give me oh lets say THREE good reasons for why it works that way.
and I'll eliminate "those are the game mechanics" right away, because thats what i'd like to see changed.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:32 pm

icarium81 wrote:

1) smaller ships are faster and can dodge more lasers?
2) smaller ships concentrate energy beams so the wavelengths overlap and cancel out the harmful focal rays?
3) smaller ships are harder to target because of their small size so weapon systems are inaccurate and miss alot?

seems legit. :P but honestly, we all had to put up with the small ship build. Ejjakai started playing before i did. I saw that many players were using the small ship build back before the change, and it frustrated me, so i ranked past it. now, i dont show up on any ssb scans, and they dont show up on mine. just rank up and dont bother with legions of ssbs. If you feel you must content with small ship builds, use the strategy previously used by their enemies. Drop your attack. its useless. put up more defense, hull, and shields. If you can get your health and defense to be a complete energy sink, they literally cant disable you without using ALL of their energy. this will significantly cut down on disables in your legion.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 pm

I personally don't mind the system now with deck damage caps. But if it MUST be changed, the answer is not crew.

What if an attacker attack/defender defense ratio was used for attacker damage, and an attacker defense/defender attack ratio was used for defender damage? These could be placed on top of the deck limit and add or subtract to the caps based on a percentage basis.

For example, if a ship has a 5:1 own attack to enemy defense ratio, the cap would be raised 5x what the deck cap is for attacker damage in an extreme case. Similarly, a 1:5 ratio would produce a 1/5 attacker damage cap. Realistically, these ratios would end up as something like 10:11 or 15:13, meaning a much less severe hit. But this also means a colossal star destroyer would vaporize a scout instead of scratching the paint and need two hits instead.

Again, I like the current system, but some variation of this could be applied.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:30 am

Ejjakai wrote:

Hey Ejjakai, if your ship is such a success... feel free to make your way into the top 10 in the kills leaderboard, rather than lurking in eleventh place.

Zee Captein

And since that fateful day, I have been at war with all traffic lights.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 am

icarium81 wrote:
Like I've said before, i DO respect her chosen style of gameplay, I just don't think that my defence should count against me (I've gotta have the decks to install it)

and I'll eliminate "those are the game mechanics" right away, because thats what i'd like to see changed.

Because nobody can come up with a better alternative.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 am

i think i different compromise should be made on this because lets face it its basically a slap in the face to players that actually research heavy tech and and can't make any head way against players that use crew that doesn't cost upkeep and in this case gives better damage protection than the tech...

i am thinking that maybe these suggestions should be considered...

1. make is so crew costs upkeep maybe not a ton by comparison to tech but they need to cost something...

2. make it so that to hire more crew you need to have some decks for them to sleep on like maybe 1 deck lets you hold 15 crew or what ever that ratio is when you stat (total crew/total decks) is rounded up so that your preset design doesn't defy the rules..

3. make is so mods require a certain ship size like legion bases... so people don't just have stuff super small like scouts equipped with deep core hull plates or super guns and shield mods, this is in response to legion bases making tech available so much earlier to small players making the lower levels more of a legion vs legion instead of a PVP, as well as my sister having deep core armor on here ship and begin near invincible at her level because the energy req to punch through being so high that she never gets disabled as long as i send here her shipment of resources before upkeep comes due and i know i am not the only one doing that to help the smaller members of legions...

4. making weapons maybe need a certain amount of energy storage to be installed so that some of the uber builds need to spare some room for reactors and they actually need to research another tech to be combat effective other than just hull and guns and possibly infrastructure tech..

just some thoughts please consider...

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:36 pm

icarium81 wrote:
We've been having a fight with a legion and its a good time, nice give and take, but what i'm having a problem with, is that MY damage done TO someone else, is based off of THEIR ship build... these guys have NO DEFENSE, just weapons and hull... not many of them but nice ones,and THATS IT... why should MY damage be lowered for the sake of their small ship build... I built my ship up to do massive damage in PvP AND against npcs...

So to sum up, it just seems unfair that I'M limited by someone else's technical build.

it is fair, just because you didnt thought about it and didnt had patients to do same its your OWN problem.
so what you are saying that in STRATEGY game you cant play different strategy as yours?? LOL

if i will reset my account i will go that way small ship=small damage cap=means i just need energy to fight...
also i dont need much mining planets cuz upkeep is next to nothing, so i can take more and more arti worlds, also i dont really need research as much as big ships... so again, i can take more and more arti worlds...
also till rank 100 you can play same as others, after that swap to this strategy, cuz you need to have some scan/cloak mods for missions and planet scan so you need about 500-600decks

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:55 pm

icarium81 wrote:

I always picture her crew and ship akin to what sardines look like inside a can before you open them. :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:43 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next