View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 {professions} Merchant professon 

Im thinking this profession needs some love. I dont know of anyone out there that really uses this profession but i know a few players that do some serious trading. The 30% bonus to cargo is kinda weak, okay very weak on its own. How about we help it out a little by removing the trade timer for this profession. The timer should also be ignored for any other player sending them anything.

I dont see how this could hurt anyone or be taken advantage of. It might make trading alot easier for the serious traders out there too.

Thoughts?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Good idea :mrgreen:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Not to be a negative-nancy on this good idea but I can see multi abuse rising from this.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile WWW

Or, how about instead they can get -50% Trade commission, and -10% upkeep.

that is to say, right now there is a commission of 20% on all selling of minerals, and with this profession it would be 10%.

If you have the dark root-node ability which lowers the commission to 10% for an hour once every 12 hours, when it is active you would have only a 5% commission taken by the game, and 10% all other times.

Since the Trade commission on it;s own is not good enough for high levels the slight debuf to the upkeep % would make it more attractive, and you might see people with higher incomes choose it over Builder.

While I and other large PvE/PvP players wouldn't be interested, as it would still uneconomical for someone who only trades on the side; (Builder saves me 7 Bn, this would only net me about 1.6 to 2.0 Bn per day), someone who is constantly trading KU/AD would be interested as they can buy minerals at cost and nearly get that amount back when they trade out for Cr.

It would promote "Margin Trading" which would actually benefit the buyers because the average price of artifacts in KU would drop, though in CTP they would remain constant. (IE: it would mean that 1 CTP = 8-9 Ku.)

-Q

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]