View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Use's left idea 

I was thinking of having the amount of artifacts you own shown when
you drag your mouse over the required artifact. Im talking about
the mission basket things, and the ct lab, and possible others to.

it saves time having to go back to your trade tab to see how much you have. So..

..yeah..its kinda rough but that basically what i mean lol.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:00 am

big +1 to this.

As you say, it would be really helpful for missions and ct lab.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:37 pm

I think it's a good idea. +1

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 am

I actually quite like this. +1 from me.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:37 pm

+1

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:43 pm

yay plus 1's all around ehe

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Like the idea but only in the ct lab as for missions these can be done in increments and only require 1 artefact at a time whereas the ct lab items are numerous items multiple times

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Johnson wrote:
Like the idea but only in the ct lab as for missions these can be done in increments and only require 1 artefact at a time whereas the ct lab items are numerous items multiple times

what ? :P

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:50 am

+1 would be very useful

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:33 am

Just want to point out that it actually takes longer to float over the 3 items in a CTL recipe than it does to just click the Create button (which will also let you know if you've got enough of everything)...

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Just want to point out that it actually takes longer to float over the 3 items in a CTL recipe than it does to just click the Create button (which will also let you know if you've got enough of everything)...

Could always just grey out the "Create" button if you don't have enough of each of the items to create that item. That way you'll know instantly what you can and can't make.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Devastation wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

Could always just grey out the "Create" button if you don't have enough of each of the items to create that item. That way you'll know instantly what you can and can't make.

It saves clicking it, seeing you're out of "something" floating to the trade tab, looking for the two out of three items you remember were needed, forgetting the third, going back to the legion tab, clicking the base and then the theory lab, finding the third item, back to the trade tab, finding out that you're short three of these and then posting on the legion comm "Hey, could I have 3 containment cages please?"

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 am

Malevolentia wrote:
Devastation wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

It saves clicking it, seeing you're out of "something" floating to the trade tab, looking for the two out of three items you remember were needed, forgetting the third, going back to the legion tab, clicking the base and then the theory lab, finding the third item, back to the trade tab, finding out that you're short three of these and then posting on the legion comm "Hey, could I have 3 containment cages please?"

yup, basically what i was thinking, i usually forget what i'm looking for lol. not everyone in gl is overflowing with artys too.

and the grey out idea is also cool

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:22 am

Ok, lemme try to explain this so you guys can understand... The way it stands now, the server only polls your artifact list (actually only 2 or 3 items depending on recipe) when you click Create. With this suggestion, it's going to have to pull up counts for all ~55 artifacts, then check the 2 or 3 items again when you click Create (because you could have used a containment cage on another tab...).

I'm ok with slowing the game down a tiny bit if it's necessary to fix something, but don't slow down my CTL because of (a) your low APH, (b) your laziness or (c) your stupidity.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Ok, lemme try to explain this so you guys can understand... The way it stands now, the server only polls your artifact list (actually only 2 or 3 items depending on recipe) when you click Create. With this suggestion, it's going to have to pull up counts for all ~55 artifacts, then check the 2 or 3 items again when you click Create (because you could have used a containment cage on another tab...).

I'm ok with slowing the game down a tiny bit if it's necessary to fix something, but don't slow down my CTL because of (a) your low APH, (b) your laziness or (c) your stupidity.

wtf Darth, why are you such a hater?. every suggestion i see, you always have something bad to say. Geez, if you dont have anything nice to say then stfu and gtfo. :roll:

i dont see how simply showing how many artys you have of the specific arty in a mission or ctlab is so wrong with you.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:

Or perhaps it could simply be coded such that a count is only made when you hover over an item? Sure, this might mean a little bit of extra lag when you actually hover over the item but I guess it'll keep you happy because you don't have to wait that extra .4 seconds for the CTLab to load. Most of the time this problem comes up, for me at least, is when I have been doing missions and I'm running low on a particular artifact because a mission required it. What if, when creating an item you didn't have enough artis for, you got something back like this?

Quote:
You do not have enough of the following artifacts: Quantum Flare (Uses left: 20)

The server has already polled the number of each artifact in your cargo for a particular design and it has even checked how many you've got so that it can tell you whether or not you have enough. This would be purely display, no?

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Malevolentia wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

Or perhaps it could simply be coded such that a count is only made when you hover over an item? Sure, this might mean a little bit of extra lag when you actually hover over the item but I guess it'll keep you happy because you don't have to wait that extra .4 seconds for the CTLab to load. Most of the time this problem comes up, for me at least, is when I have been doing missions and I'm running low on a particular artifact because a mission required it. What if, when creating an item you didn't have enough artis for, you got something back like this?

Quote:
You do not have enough of the following artifacts: Quantum Flare (Uses left: 20)

The server has already polled the number of each artifact in your cargo for a particular design and it has even checked how many you've got so that it can tell you whether or not you have enough. This would be purely display, no?

The second half of that has actually been suggested before. As for why it wasn't coded that way to begin with.... Shrug...

@Blackfox... Don't get pissy with me just because I'm one the few people around her that takes the time to look at all the angles.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:39 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
@Blackfox... Don't get pissy with me just because I'm one the few people around her that takes the time to look at all the angles.

i think you view to many angles in too many threads until you finally find a problem :roll:

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:17 am

blackfox wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

i think you view to many angles in too many threads until you finally find a problem :roll:

Usually those bad angles are pretty obvious (like the one being discussed here). If more people took the time, there wouldn't be so many threads needing me to point them out.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:28 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Usually those bad angles are pretty obvious (like the one being discussed here). If more people took the time, there wouldn't be so many threads needing me to point them out.

It's more your tone man. In this instance you are in fact correct on what would happen. This time though just came off as a condescending prick.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next