View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Player To Player Trade 

I feel that this idea would make the game more interesting, fun and competitive. There could be some sort of player market and the tarrif could be discussed by the two traders (for example the two players could be trading on a planet, and the planet owner sets the tarrif, who sends the location of his/hers planet to the person they want to trade with). If this idea has already been discussed, or is already been used, then i apologise. i hope to see this or something similar being used.

Mon May 03, 2010 1:53 pm

i forgot to add this; also ship weapons, energy module etc could also be sold in the player market.

Mon May 03, 2010 1:56 pm

vector wrote:
i forgot to add this; also ship weapons, energy module etc could also be sold in the player market.

lol... no on the trade in weapons unless the recipient cant use it unless they research it. its the only way to keep a lv1 from receiving disruptors and the like from legion members.

i would really like an open player controlled market tho. it would be cool to add a tab to the trade window for selling all kinds of items at any price. for instance if a poster wants to sell 10 units of dark energy for 20 mil and a second seller wants to sell it for 300k then when the purchaser goes to the interface to buy they can just search down the list of available items. they must enter a quantity and they should see a price calculation (lowest possible price for each unit) and a confirmation screen. so if i wanted 11 units if dark mater i would pay 2,300,000 + terif if any.

Mon May 03, 2010 4:17 pm

an open market on GL would be awsome.
As fore trading modules, no. That is literally asking for people to make alts and just equip them with the best stuff out there.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:03 pm

hunter wrote:
vector wrote:

lol... no on the trade in weapons unless the recipient cant use it unless they research it. its the only way to keep a lv1 from receiving disruptors and the like from legion members.

i would really like an open player controlled market tho. it would be cool to add a tab to the trade window for selling all kinds of items at any price. for instance if a poster wants to sell 10 units of dark energy for 20 mil and a second seller wants to sell it for 300k then when the purchaser goes to the interface to buy they can just search down the list of available items. they must enter a quantity and they should see a price calculation (lowest possible price for each unit) and a confirmation screen. so if i wanted 11 units if dark mater i would pay 2,300,000 + terif if any.

thnaks for expanding on the subject, and for the support, lets try our best to get the player market up and runing :)

Mon May 03, 2010 9:30 pm

How about the item that were posted onto the market, automatically trade with the HIGHEST bidder after the timer is up?

Mon May 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Rover wrote:
How about the item that were posted onto the market, automatically trade with the HIGHEST bidder after the timer is up?

I assumed an Auction House feature would come with the market idea. But i guess formally putting it out there cant hurt.

Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Cothordin wrote:
Rover wrote:

I assumed an Auction House feature would come with the market idea. But i guess formally putting it out there cant hurt.

i guess having it like this would be simpler to implement, but it could get VERY cluttered and confusing later on if there are 100 separate batches of every item available. the interface to sort though it all would have to be somewhat sophisticated. my idea is relying on a much simpler interface where there is only one icon for one type of item unless the item is unique, but more complicated back end logic. i would suppose that the system would have to subtract the items you want to sell and give you a cancel button to get them back (subtracted so you cant spend it while a sell order is placed on it). to simplify, only one trade order per player at a time. once sold you get a event in the ships log with the credits gained. and items should be sold at the lowest to highest price.

Mon May 03, 2010 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]