View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Idea for the trade market when it comes 

Planets In Galaxy: 4,272,362

So let's say only 1% of those planets are any good. Until some multimillionaire becomes rank 10,500 and occupies all of them, I think the game will continue to work just fine. People with money can already buy all the PFluxes they want and purge away some of the best possible planets. Or better yet, they can take the rarest natural dysons and rift them. If you're worried about people with money already being able to "own" the game, they already do.

As for PVP balance? I'm sorry to tell you, but GP have already completely skewed that too. Low on energy? Need a hull repair? Shield recharge? Any artifact? Become a Konqul Fixer? GPs already buy all of those.

The only things that changes with what was suggested is that people without access to GP suddenly gain access to GP and people with lots of real $$ but not a lot of CTP/Ku can participate in auctions for high end planets that are already getting traded (and fluxed/rifted).

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Grindor wrote:
Planets In Galaxy: 4,272,362

So let's say only 1% of those planets are any good. Until some multimillionaire becomes rank 10,500 and occupies all of them, I think the game will continue to work just fine. People with money can already buy all the PFluxes they want and purge away some of the best possible planets. Or better yet, they can take the rarest natural dysons and rift them. If you're worried about people with money already being able to "own" the game, they already do.

As for PVP balance? I'm sorry to tell you, but GP have already completely skewed that too. Low on energy? Need a hull repair? Shield recharge? Any artifact? Become a Konqul Fixer? GPs already buy all of those.

The only things that changes with what was suggested is that people without access to GP suddenly gain access to GP and people with lots of real $$ but not a lot of CTP/Ku can participate in auctions for high end planets that are already getting traded (and fluxed/rifted).

Still monopolizing. Currently, the only way someone can monopolize in GL is by owning a multi, or having some other player give you all the good stuff.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:59 pm

playret0195x wrote:
Still monopolizing. Currently, the only way someone can monopolize in GL is by owning a multi, or having some other player give you all the good stuff.

That doesn't make any sense. GL can't be monopolized. Maybe you mean something else? One person can not take over the game.

Having multis certain can skew game balance. Having friends that hand out planets and "all the good stuff" also skews balance. Having cash to spend on GPs for energy refills, race/class changes, PFluxes, and other items that can't be had any way except for buying GPs also skews the game balance. Allowing people to trade GPs to other players gets rid of some of that skew.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 pm

My point is that GP should only be obtained be purchasing them using money.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:14 pm

My point is there's no reason for that to be the case. ;)

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]