View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 -Base Artifact Storage- 

At Xenobytes (my legion), we give our spare artifacts to our legion leader. Then, when anyone wants an artifact, they can ask the leader and ask him if he has any. Generally, he has the artifact, and he gives the person however many he has or however many the person asked for (whichever is greater). However, these artifacts take up a lot of our leader's cargo space (he could be using that for other things, rather than the artifacts).

You need to research "Advanced Base Storage" (75k research), which is after AI Logistics to be able to build this module.

So I'm suggesting a base module called the "Artifact Storage." It takes up 4 special space, and costs 2.5B and 500ctp to make. Also, the storage has a different max storage of space, depending on the level of the base:

Max Storage:
5: 2,500 artifacts
6: 5,000 artifacts
7: 10,000 artifacts
8: 25,000 Artifacts
9: Unlimited Artifacts

The only artifacts you can donate to the base are the ones that can be sent to other players normally (in ex. you can donate flux probes, but you CAN'T donate any terraforming devices).

NOTE: The amount of artifacts will not upgrade automatically. When the base level increases, the module must be rebuilt to allow it to have a new max storage amount.

Anyone in the legion can donate artifacts, but only loyal members in the legion can withdraw artifacts from the base. However, there is a limit on the number of artifacts a person can withdraw:

Leader(s): Unlimited
Officers: 2x
Members: x

"x" is the number of artifacts donated. Therefore, a member can only withdraw the same amount of artifacts as (s)he has donated. An officer can only withdraw twice the amount of artifacts as (s)he has donated. The leaders can withdraw unlimited amounts of artifacts.

Another idea is that whoever wants an artifact has to ask for it (next to the artifact name in the storage is a button called "Request"). You enter how many you need (up to the limit of how many there are in the base storage), and a legion leader either denies (and gives a reason why) or accepts it. If it is accepted, you can pick up the artifacts in a tab (in the legion artifact storage), that is called "Accepted Requests." There would be a button that allows you to pick up any artifacts that were accepted. Finally, there is a "Denied Requests" tab, where it shows the denied requests and the reason why they were denied (which the legion leader writes).

Officers and leaders can withdraw more because they have a higher rank and are trusted that they will not withdraw all the artifacts just to sell them; they will actually use the artifacts they withdraw.

Thanks, and tell me your opinions...

Last edited by f3ar3dlegend on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:03 am

+1 To this idea.

This contributes to the thought of legion "connection" and let people help others in the legion at their time of need.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 am

+1...
but some people would just put in flux probes and take out TMs
so maybe you can only take out artis with leader approval

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am

+1

Great idea in theory, maybe some tweaks here and there, but I love the idea.

Awesome813 wrote:
but some people would just put in flux probes and take out TMs
so maybe you can only take out artis with leader approval

I agree. Maybe the use of this would be at the leaders discretion. Under legion rules there could be the option to allow leaders, leaders and officers, or all legion members just as there is for other things.

But if it was a leader approval thing....would it be something like putting in a request for x number of a particular artifact, and the leader would approve or deny the request?

It would be an awesome concept for storage of artifacts you don't use at the moment, instead of scrapping them. Then when Dan comes up with a new daily mission that requires some random artifact, maybe the base already has 1k of them stored that can be divided up between the members to use on that mission, instead of everybody frantically running around looking for who has the needed arti's.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:00 am

I like this, +1.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Has been suggested many, many, many times before and frankly it's OP, cargo is there for a reason, to store artifacts and minerals, if this was implemented why not just do away with cargo space, why not just have unlimited space. So a big -1 from me.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Bump

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Personally I think to keep the balance of SHIP cargo versu BASE cargo, the numbers should be adjusted.

So you still store much of your arties in independant ships, but say on a weekly, you pound it out fast because you happened to have more than enough artifacts to run it. So you donate your excess in, and then others can draw upon that and/or donate their own.

And possibly for a "limited" storage of either defensive or offensive arties, but restricted so you can't have a multi come in and "donate" ship restricted items, ie Terraforming devices, cluster missiles, etc and have those be able to be drawn upon.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:57 pm

+1, I posted a similar idea like this last month.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]