View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:13 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Cerulean Fighter 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Posts: 2164
Post The Cerulean Fighter
The Cerulean fighter only has this as stats.

Size 15, attack 100, defense 100

Now I'm sorry but after switching to every race and only getting that I would like to get something much more worth while. Dan could you please please please make this like 5X better. Since it cost us more then 10$ in RL money to do the whole thing. And thats if you just be that race. Unless you are going to come out with some sort of new badges you can get to upgrade your fighters in the future then this is just fine. lol In fact I would rather you have them upgradable. lol

_________________
Image
Please check out my path guide:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30938
Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.


Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:08 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 am
Posts: 1980
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
U can do it w/o a dime and without any luck...
i believe there are 6 uses of mission based race changes
and then up to 2 per year you played(new eras from daily, 1 at least 2 if you time it well)


But I do agree that considering the cost and/or difficulty that this might incure, the module is rly on the small side.
The stat/deck ratio is good (consider 7 for atk and 8 for def, it's better than all current modules other than those with % boost) but it rly can be bigger~

Personally, I would suggest for the achievement to unlock an ability to produce fighters instead. the ability can have a decent amount of cooldown and cost, but allow us to produce and install fighters endlessly. A figher squadron sounds fun to me

The cost can be a fairly high energy cost, say 3k(for a perma module, this is not expensive at all IMO) which bars rly low lvls from using it(the achievement can come with a fighter, so lowbie get something out of it right away). And then a fairly long cd to balance it.

And at that, I have 2 ideas:
1. it can have just the above system with a long cd.
2. it can have the above system with a short(relatively speaking) cd, but each time you get disabled, for each of your fighters, there is an extremely small chance that the fighter get destroyed. This chance can increase as the number of installed fighters increase, possibly 0% when fighters are below a certain amount. This makes it possible to make a big fleet but unlikely.

_________________
当所有传奇写下第一个篇章 原来所谓英雄也和我们一样
私は一発の銃弾、銃弾は人の心を持たない。故に、何も考えない。ただ、目的に向かって飛ぶだけ


Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:01 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 am
Posts: 245
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Uy23e wrote:
U can do it w/o a dime and without any luck...
i believe there are 6 uses of mission based race changes
and then up to 2 per year you played(new eras from daily, 1 at least 2 if you time it well)

6? I only know of the glavitz devices from zolazin chain, what other chain gives more of these races changes?


Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 am
Posts: 1980
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Jackie wrote:
Uy23e wrote:
U can do it w/o a dime and without any luck...
i believe there are 6 uses of mission based race changes
and then up to 2 per year you played(new eras from daily, 1 at least 2 if you time it well)

6? I only know of the glavitz devices from zolazin chain, what other chain gives more of these races changes?


Not rly sure myself, I think I heard somewhere there were two different ones...
but then again that was a while ago, I might have remebered wrong and perhaps the other was in fact the sphere of new era.

Still, not sure about the stat of the other fighter so not sure if it's justified, but for this fighter, u can technically get for free w/o any spending or luck if you played for over a year and got a set of spheres.

_________________
当所有传奇写下第一个篇章 原来所谓英雄也和我们一样
私は一発の銃弾、銃弾は人の心を持たない。故に、何も考えない。ただ、目的に向かって飛ぶだけ


Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:15 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 am
Posts: 245
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Anyone who hasn't played since before last new year has a maximum of 5 devices. Not to mention that many already USED the devices to change to an unlockable race. If one is already an unlockable race, it takes 6 race changes just to get the fighter and a 7th to go back to your race of choice- this means anyone from after the first new year who changed to an unlockable race cannot complete this without GP. If one is not, and has the 5 devices, one gives up the chance of changing to an unlockable race at least until new years ( or until a new mission comes out with race change devices...hasn't happened as far as I know since zolazin chain). I find that a bit unreasonable for a mediocre piece to be so hard to get without GP. Make it easier to get or make it a better module.


Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 am
Posts: 1980
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Uy23e wrote:
Jackie wrote:
Uy23e wrote:
U can do it w/o a dime and without any luck...
i believe there are 6 uses of mission based race changes
and then up to 2 per year you played(new eras from daily, 1 at least 2 if you time it well)

6? I only know of the glavitz devices from zolazin chain, what other chain gives more of these races changes?


Not rly sure myself, I think I heard somewhere there were two different ones...
but then again that was a while ago, I might have remebered wrong and perhaps the other was in fact the sphere of new era.

Still, not sure about the stat of the other fighter so not sure if it's justified, but for this fighter, u can technically get for free w/o any spending or luck if you played for over a year and got a set of spheres.


I do agree that it should be better and probably bigger

Just saying that it does not REQUIRE payment nor luck

_________________
当所有传奇写下第一个篇章 原来所谓英雄也和我们一样
私は一発の銃弾、銃弾は人の心を持たない。故に、何も考えない。ただ、目的に向かって飛ぶだけ


Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:32 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 127
Location: milton keynes, england
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
+1 that is not a big stat increase for something that will costs that much to get, and yes people have had items which would have made it easier and cheaper to get, but i imagine most people like myself would have used them already and those previous changes do not count towards it

_________________
Image Image

CO LEADER OF STORMKYN ALLIANCE


Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:50 am
Posts: 565
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Wow, thanks Mojo, I was contemplating the race changes to get this, but I will now be avoiding! There needs to be a better pay-off. if I happen to change the races through the course of needing to for game play I might get this medal eventually but definitely not worth trying to get at the current 'pay-off'.

-Q

_________________
Image
Join Us Today! http://apps.facebook.com/galaxylegion/loader.php?q=bGVnaW9uaW5mby5waHA/YWN0aW9uPXJlcXVlc3QmbGVnaW9uaWQ9MjY3

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift


Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Posts: 2164
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
no prob Q. I still think the idea of making your fighters better over time is a good one. Now you can go about that many ways. putting funds into them to make them grow like you would your base, badges, or maybe have a whole new tech line that allows you to make them better and maybe add mods to them or something.

_________________
Image
Please check out my path guide:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30938
Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.


Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:51 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 pm
Posts: 475
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
mojo311 wrote:
no prob Q. I still think the idea of making your fighters better over time is a good one. Now you can go about that many ways. putting funds into them to make them grow like you would your base, badges, or maybe have a whole new tech line that allows you to make them better and maybe add mods to them or something.

I would imagine upgrading these fighters in a similar manner to the way you do with your own ship, by using rank points, and installing modules, maybe the same modules you have unlocked for your own ship, but with lower limits. or entirely new things, unlocked in a separate tab in the research tree, called Fighter Tech or something.

Something like this:
Cerulean Fighter:
Size: 15 > 1 rank point to increase.
Increasing its size would allow you to fit modules on it, same way you can with your own ship, by using ship bots, or rank points in decks. maybe make an artifact that is similar to ship-bots, but works for your fighters rather than your own ship.
attack: 100 > 1 rank point increases by 2. Same as adding rank points to Tac. Officers.
Defense: 100 > 1 rank point to increase by 2. And Helmsmen here.
The reason you would put rank points in the fighter ship, rather than your own, could be because people cant see this ships stats with their spy probes.
Maybe you could even make it possible to have Fighter V. Fighter duels, without involving main ships?

Modules would be more limited, say:
weapons: Max 2.
Defenses: Max 1 Thruster. 1 Dampener.
Shields: Max 1 or 2.
Hulls: Max 1 or 2.
Energy cores: Max 1.
Scanners: Max 1.
Cloak: Max 1 Cloak. 1 Jammer.
You would of course pay upkeep for these modules as well, at the same rate.
Plus some upkeep for the ship itself, maybe depending on the size.
This wouldn't be overpowered, anymore than the game already is, people who get more rank points than others will always have an advantage, adding those points to your Fighter, rather than your main ship wont change the balance in any way i can think of.

Or of course, entirely new Modules, researched in the Fighter Tech tab.

Just a rough draft of something id like to see.

Thoughts?


Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:26 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 am
Posts: 1980
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Sereomontis wrote:
mojo311 wrote:
no prob Q. I still think the idea of making your fighters better over time is a good one. Now you can go about that many ways. putting funds into them to make them grow like you would your base, badges, or maybe have a whole new tech line that allows you to make them better and maybe add mods to them or something.

I would imagine upgrading these fighters in a similar manner to the way you do with your own ship, by using rank points, and installing modules, maybe the same modules you have unlocked for your own ship, but with lower limits. or entirely new things, unlocked in a separate tab in the research tree, called Fighter Tech or something.

Something like this:
Cerulean Fighter:
Size: 15 > 1 rank point to increase.
Increasing its size would allow you to fit modules on it, same way you can with your own ship, by using ship bots, or rank points in decks. maybe make an artifact that is similar to ship-bots, but works for your fighters rather than your own ship.
attack: 100 > 1 rank point increases by 2. Same as adding rank points to Tac. Officers.
Defense: 100 > 1 rank point to increase by 2. And Helmsmen here.
The reason you would put rank points in the fighter ship, rather than your own, could be because people cant see this ships stats with their spy probes.
Maybe you could even make it possible to have Fighter V. Fighter duels, without involving main ships?

Modules would be more limited, say:
weapons: Max 2.
Defenses: Max 1 Thruster. 1 Dampener.
Shields: Max 1 or 2.
Hulls: Max 1 or 2.
Energy cores: Max 1.
Scanners: Max 1.
Cloak: Max 1 Cloak. 1 Jammer.
You would of course pay upkeep for these modules as well, at the same rate.
Plus some upkeep for the ship itself, maybe depending on the size.
This wouldn't be overpowered, anymore than the game already is, people who get more rank points than others will always have an advantage, adding those points to your Fighter, rather than your main ship wont change the balance in any way i can think of.

Or of course, entirely new Modules, researched in the Fighter Tech tab.

Just a rough draft of something id like to see.

Thoughts?


If going the path of upgrades: I say: 2 thruster, 4 weapons*, 1 shield, 1 hull, 1 cloak, none of the other modules and certainly no crew.
Reason: it's a fighter... Do you see fighters running around with tons of ppl? or scanners or jammers?
weapons: if seperate "fighter tech" then we can make those small and less powerful, otherwise make a cap on what type of weapon can be used on fighters. They outa be Tetracorn or below IMO, no heavy tetra. cause fighter use multiple but small weapons.

Thou i still perfer the idea of mass production over upgrade... again... it's fighters.... we can have many but they shouldn't be big bulky ships.

Now, if they add a say... cruiser or Frigate etc, then it would be better suitted for upgradeable "sidekicks"

_________________
当所有传奇写下第一个篇章 原来所谓英雄也和我们一样
私は一発の銃弾、銃弾は人の心を持たない。故に、何も考えない。ただ、目的に向かって飛ぶだけ


Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 2212
Location: UK
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Sereomontis wrote:
mojo311 wrote:
no prob Q. I still think the idea of making your fighters better over time is a good one. Now you can go about that many ways. putting funds into them to make them grow like you would your base, badges, or maybe have a whole new tech line that allows you to make them better and maybe add mods to them or something.

I would imagine upgrading these fighters in a similar manner to the way you do with your own ship, by using rank points, and installing modules, maybe the same modules you have unlocked for your own ship, but with lower limits. or entirely new things, unlocked in a separate tab in the research tree, called Fighter Tech or something.

Something like this:
Cerulean Fighter:
Size: 15 > 1 rank point to increase.
Increasing its size would allow you to fit modules on it, same way you can with your own ship, by using ship bots, or rank points in decks. maybe make an artifact that is similar to ship-bots, but works for your fighters rather than your own ship.
attack: 100 > 1 rank point increases by 2. Same as adding rank points to Tac. Officers.
Defense: 100 > 1 rank point to increase by 2. And Helmsmen here.
The reason you would put rank points in the fighter ship, rather than your own, could be because people cant see this ships stats with their spy probes.
Maybe you could even make it possible to have Fighter V. Fighter duels, without involving main ships?

Modules would be more limited, say:
weapons: Max 2.
Defenses: Max 1 Thruster. 1 Dampener.
Shields: Max 1 or 2.
Hulls: Max 1 or 2.
Energy cores: Max 1.
Scanners: Max 1.
Cloak: Max 1 Cloak. 1 Jammer.
You would of course pay upkeep for these modules as well, at the same rate.
Plus some upkeep for the ship itself, maybe depending on the size.
This wouldn't be overpowered, anymore than the game already is, people who get more rank points than others will always have an advantage, adding those points to your Fighter, rather than your main ship wont change the balance in any way i can think of.

Or of course, entirely new Modules, researched in the Fighter Tech tab.

Just a rough draft of something id like to see.

Thoughts?



-1, i'd much rather be using rank points on my main ship regardless of whether the additional stats would be hidden or not.

------------

I'd much rather see the idea from a few posts above, of an upgradeable Cerulean Fighter, which is upgraded in a similar fashion to how Bases are upgraded.

A new research tree(not as insane as the base one with like 150 million research to do as of now :P ), but maybe something that has tiers of; 100k, 200k, 400k, 800k, 1.6mil, 3.2mil research(so a total of 6.3 Mil research), and each tree completed would add 150 atk/def to your Cerulean Fighter up to a max of 900 additional atk/def.

Then with each tier you unlock, you would need to meet some kind of requirements or obtain certain parts to upgrade your ship.

_________________
Image
Darth Flagitious wrote:
I know I'd trust Ben's best guess before I'd trust something from someone named after the Listerine gargle sound...


Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Posts: 2164
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
kirkeastment wrote:
Sereomontis wrote:
mojo311 wrote:
no prob Q. I still think the idea of making your fighters better over time is a good one. Now you can go about that many ways. putting funds into them to make them grow like you would your base, badges, or maybe have a whole new tech line that allows you to make them better and maybe add mods to them or something.

I would imagine upgrading these fighters in a similar manner to the way you do with your own ship, by using rank points, and installing modules, maybe the same modules you have unlocked for your own ship, but with lower limits. or entirely new things, unlocked in a separate tab in the research tree, called Fighter Tech or something.

Something like this:
Cerulean Fighter:
Size: 15 > 1 rank point to increase.
Increasing its size would allow you to fit modules on it, same way you can with your own ship, by using ship bots, or rank points in decks. maybe make an artifact that is similar to ship-bots, but works for your fighters rather than your own ship.
attack: 100 > 1 rank point increases by 2. Same as adding rank points to Tac. Officers.
Defense: 100 > 1 rank point to increase by 2. And Helmsmen here.
The reason you would put rank points in the fighter ship, rather than your own, could be because people cant see this ships stats with their spy probes.
Maybe you could even make it possible to have Fighter V. Fighter duels, without involving main ships?

Modules would be more limited, say:
weapons: Max 2.
Defenses: Max 1 Thruster. 1 Dampener.
Shields: Max 1 or 2.
Hulls: Max 1 or 2.
Energy cores: Max 1.
Scanners: Max 1.
Cloak: Max 1 Cloak. 1 Jammer.
You would of course pay upkeep for these modules as well, at the same rate.
Plus some upkeep for the ship itself, maybe depending on the size.
This wouldn't be overpowered, anymore than the game already is, people who get more rank points than others will always have an advantage, adding those points to your Fighter, rather than your main ship wont change the balance in any way i can think of.

Or of course, entirely new Modules, researched in the Fighter Tech tab.

Just a rough draft of something id like to see.

Thoughts?



-1, i'd much rather be using rank points on my main ship regardless of whether the additional stats would be hidden or not.

------------

I'd much rather see the idea from a few posts above, of an upgradeable Cerulean Fighter, which is upgraded in a similar fashion to how Bases are upgraded.

A new research tree(not as insane as the base one with like 150 million research to do as of now :P ), but maybe something that has tiers of; 100k, 200k, 400k, 800k, 1.6mil, 3.2mil research(so a total of 6.3 Mil research), and each tree completed would add 150 atk/def to your Cerulean Fighter up to a max of 900 additional atk/def.

Then with each tier you unlock, you would need to meet some kind of requirements or obtain certain parts to upgrade your ship.



While I like where your going here I don't think that your research cost is nearly enough. I could get this whole tree done in less then a day with all the things I have saved up for new research. I would also like to build up my fighter so its not the same as everyone elses. Maybe with each new unlocked upgrade allow you to pick from four different upgrades. And have them change every time. So that way its built up how you want it more then anything else.

_________________
Image
Please check out my path guide:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30938
Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.


Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 pm
Posts: 4337
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
mojo311 wrote:
While I like where your going here I don't think that your research cost is nearly enough. I could get this whole tree done in less then a day with all the things I have saved up for new research. I would also like to build up my fighter so its not the same as everyone elses. Maybe with each new unlocked upgrade allow you to pick from four different upgrades. And have them change every time. So that way its built up how you want it more then anything else.

I like this we need more customization in this game.


Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 298
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Epicownage wrote:
mojo311 wrote:
While I like where your going here I don't think that your research cost is nearly enough. I could get this whole tree done in less then a day with all the things I have saved up for new research. I would also like to build up my fighter so its not the same as everyone elses. Maybe with each new unlocked upgrade allow you to pick from four different upgrades. And have them change every time. So that way its built up how you want it more then anything else.

I like this we need more customization in this game.


I agree. And I don't think the fighter, as it stands, is worth the cost.


Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:09 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:35 pm
Posts: 558
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
-1

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Posts: 2164
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
LIBING wrote:
-1


Care to state why? lol

_________________
Image
Please check out my path guide:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30938
Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.


Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 pm
Posts: 1232
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
-1....












Troll post. Love the idea, Plus one.

_________________
Lumberjack, Konqul Excavator, Officer of Empire of the Sun
Image
Currently looking for a tree.


Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:48 am
Posts: 149
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Just a thought... If you use the paradox generators when you know you are going to get the sphere... you can get change into all the races for free to get the fighters. Or am I wrong?

_________________
19th to become an Elite in the Galaxy
Image
Image


Zane level 28th alert was a 26x artifact Dyson


Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 pm
Posts: 475
Post Re: The Cerulean Fighter
Noirpa wrote:
Just a thought... If you use the paradox generators when you know you are going to get the sphere... you can get change into all the races for free to get the fighters. Or am I wrong?

i think your right, unless there is some kind of limit to how many you get of the spheres.
though most people who have the paradoxes have used them all, i suppose it is possible.


Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: