View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Planet Structure Decoy 

I would like to see some kind of planetary structure decoy, much like the April Fools Day ship disguise. Something we can use to hide special buildings, maybe make them look like a low production level building, or even something new. The strategic benefits could be fun to play with.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Hmm, a low production building? Well, it sounds cool but one could simply add up the building sizes and deduce that it isn't a low production building but is something you want to protect hence I want to steal. I give it a +.5

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 pm

It could be made to be usable on all structures, which would make it like a gamble.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:11 pm
Profile WWW

it could change the planet type and planet icon (along with all the modules)

maybe gas becomes nebula, with all modules becoming gasses like hydrogen and helium
barren becomming asteroid, with the modules becoming....rocks

and so on~

Offical Stuff-Knower of Mist Nebula Corps

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Or I could cover a few useless structures, on a useless planet, hoping you fall for my bait and take a planet I don't want. 5 GP saved, jokes on you. There are quite a number of possibilities.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 pm

OOo, I like the idea of something you build on a planet to make it impossible for anyone to see what's there. That would be cool. And yeah, it could be junk or it could be awesome.
It would be nice to have a device that causes a planet to appear as an Unknown planet type though, so you can't see the planet type or size, because a Colossal Demon x17 is not going to have bugger all on it.

you could have a Planetary Signal Blocker and a Ministry of Sameness.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:14 am

Thon-Ni-Maa wrote:
OOo, I like the idea of something you build on a planet to make it impossible for anyone to see what's there. That would be cool. And yeah, it could be junk or it could be awesome.
It would be nice to have a device that causes a planet to appear as an Unknown planet type though, so you can't see the planet type or size, because a Colossal Demon x17 is not going to have bugger all on it.

you could have a Planetary Signal Blocker and a Ministry of Sameness.

Seems like it would be way easier to allow cloak to affect a planet like a rival ship off the BT. The higher the cloak, the less information you can see, up to and including masking the size and type of a planet

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:19 am

True, hadn't thought of that. That might actually make planet cloaking useful... almost.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]