View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Alert Cancel/text edit 

Lots of times this'd be useful:

You alert over multiple hacks, to find you double-disabled them. you sort it out between you, but the alert's still up.

You alert a planet, and ask for pop. help. you get it, and want to change it to "guard please"

To name a few.

Simply, let us cancel alerts, and change the text in them. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE ALERT TIMER AT ALL.

CLEARER EXPLANATION (quoted):
What I'm suggesting is a way to cancel or edit an alert. If you accidentally alert someone or something, or the situation surrounding them changes, you'd have the option to cancel the alert (removing it from everyone's logs), or editing it, allowing you to change the text that's sent with it, the most obvious example for me is "sab this planet" to "guard while their potential alert expires".

This would a) improve communication and b) help keep logs clean.

Also maybe a setting to delete expired alerts on NPCs, planets, and players would be nice.

(cancelling an alert doesn't affect the timer).

Last edited by spyder on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 pm

I think you might be proposing a good method of bookkeeping for players, but I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. Can you explain again?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:52 am

+1, happened to me a few times.
for the planet scenario, I just type "guard now please" in the legion comm.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 am

I'll re-explain it.

What I'm suggesting is a way to cancel or edit an alert. If you accidentally alert someone or something, or the situation surrounding them changes, you'd have the option to cancel the alert (removing it from everyone's logs), or editing it, allowing you to change the text that's sent with it, the most obvious example for me is "sab this planet" to "guard while their potential alert expires".

Also maybe a setting to delete expired alerts on NPCs, planets, and players would be nice.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 pm

+1
Was about to suggest the same thing. Too many times noobs alert over badge hits, would be good to be able to cancel an alert. Much easier than trying to get people to not respond to it in chat.

Even better make it an option on the proposed Legion Alert Tab from another thread.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 am

spyder wrote:
I'll re-explain it.

+1 I like this alot and as a sidenote, it would be good if your own alerts appeared on your ships log, as perhaps that would be a way for you to access the alert to change what it says.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 am

This would be a good add to the game, fully on the ability to edit the alert once its been posted.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:24 pm

+1

Manners Doesn't cost anything,
Those who dont follow these rules, aren't worth knowing,
Member of The Unknown.

~John Falls~

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]