View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 need a small delay for attacks 

we need a small delay between attacks. what im seeing is that people are spamming attack and the player dies in a second. what i propose is to add a 5-10 second delay between attacks. this could make combat more dynamic.

Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Id like to see where this goes, at the very least it would reduce lag.

Tue May 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Hmmm, I don't like it...... Every game I've played with a forced delay, it just ends up being aggravating.

Click... wait... wait... click... nope, too soon... wait.... click.... wait.... wait.... wait.... Higher level battles could end up taking minutes.

If you're the attacker, you can give yourself as much delay as you want by simply not clicking as fast. If you're the defender, you're not notified that you've been attacked until you've been disabled. So unless you happen to be looking at your shield/hull while the attack is taking place, you wouldn't be able to respond anyway.

As for lag, I don't see how it would measurably be reduced on the server side. Player end, maybe... But if your connection is slow or laggy, you can just click slower.

Tue May 04, 2010 11:59 pm

just enough to create a pause. 10 sec seems too extreme but if it tops at 3-5 seconds the battle will last no more than a minute. i know those without traps will be SOL anyway, but those with that get the notification should have a small time window to react.

edit: 3 seconds should do it.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:22 am

I agree with not making it delay. You can actually delay it yourself if you don't want lag but you have to realize that if your dead someone probably wanted you dead and might kill you again. But yeah I do see a huge amount of lag when navigating between tabs and attacking but I think its something to do with like cache or cookies or something because my comp will start out going fast and end up slowing way down and taking forever to click the stuff i want to click.

Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]