View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 NPC group bonus's 

So I've seen lots of things around where players want wars against NPC's or at least groups of NPC's. Well here is my idea on how to get this to happen.

My thoughts are this. I think that as you kill more of each group of NPC's. Such as the Rogue Science League, The Crimson Blades, The Stryll Order, ext... you should get bonus's. So every time you kill a flamehawk you would get one kill point in with The Crimson Blades. Same with all the other groups. Now as your points get higher I think you should get more bonus or more things unlocked. Here is the list I thought up so far. Feel free to add, take away, or comment how ever you think will make it better.

50: Spawns a rare NPC of the group.
100: 5% chance in doing 2X damage to all NPC's of the group.
250: 2% chance increase in finding the NPC in this group and a 2% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group. (stacks with other groups bonus's)
500: Uncommons now give 2 points, Rares give 3 points, Ext. rares give 5 points from here on out for this group. (this may be to high...)
1000: Unlock new NPC elite for ranks 250 - 9999 (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit)
2500:5% increase in finding the NPC's in this group and a 5% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group.(stacks with other groups bonus's)
5000: Unlock new NPC boss for ranks 400 - 9999 for the group. (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit)
7500: 2% increase in finding rares of the group. (stacks with other groups bonus's)
10000: Pick, from three mods, one to get on your ship. All mods are different. You only get one the other two are then gone.
15000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled elite NPC of the group.
20000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled boss NPC of the group.
25000: Get to choose 5 of the groups NPC's that you could of ever hit to spawn on your BT. These NPC's are hit-able by every player in your legion and Twice as strong giving them twice the open spots to lock on them while giving them twice the attack and defense.
35000: Choose one of the groups old (or new) NPC's to have hit-able for you (and your legion) for the rest of the time you play.
50000: Gives you a 25% chance of finding the NPC's in this group. Set as an ability which lasts for say 8 hours with a 16 hour cool down. When on does not stack with other groups and cancels out other bonus of this sort.

More added posted below will post here for new comers as well though.

60000: Unlock a new Super boss. That has 25 spots on it and gives about 6 different awards. Most be rank 1000 - 9999 to see it. (I don't think anyone can kill 60K of one NPC before rank 1K. lol)
70000: Triples your chance of getting blockade of a NPC from this group. Also creats a new blockade NPC thats alertable with 10 open spots on it.
80000: Have a 5% chance of finding a fleet of 100 NPC's from this group attack you at once show up on your BT. This allows you to attack 100 NPC's from this group in a row without having to exit out between each fight. Just keep clicking the attack button and as they die a new one just comes up. First 3 of the last 5 are all elites. Second to last is a Boss. Very last one should be the new boss type you unlocked back at the 60K mark. (this idea could use a lot of work but I think it would be interesting.)
90000: From killing so many NPC's in this group you learned much of how their tech runs and works. You can now get a new ship skin from their group that gives you a % increase in something they specialize in.
100000: NPC's of this group now fear your name. They are taught about you from the time of joining/birth. You now have an ability that will lower the rate you see NPC's by 25% but the ones you do find may give you 2X the loot on their death. The ability should be something like this: Attaching a signal to your ship will give NPC's of this group a heads up that you are coming causing them to flee. The signal lasts for 2 hours and has a 6 hour cool down. Using this ability will cancel out the ability you got at the 50K mark. And all other % bonus's.

All % increase's to finding NPC's in a group should be a setting you can pick from. You should be able to switch them at anytime as many times as you want. At least that is the way I would like to see it.

I have the points needed so high to give everyone something to work on. 100K points in one group would be very hard to get and give everyone something to work on for a long time to come. I also think that this will make the game more interesting for everyone as well seeing as its something that is all ways growing. I could also see a list like this being made for the races in PVP. So it reaches out to every group of players.

So let me know what you guys think. I think this would be amazing and would really give us all a reason to keep fighting NPC's. Think that you should get a new title in there some where for each group just didn't know where to add that. lol

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Last edited by mojo311 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 pm
Profile WWW

I understand there isn't much for the high lvl's to strive for but if this is a legion based attack model do you think the NPC's should be matched to the legion strength?

Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm

How about a bonus that lowers the chance of being debuffed or the npc buffing itself? Maybe 2% on the first level, and later on 5% chance?

Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 pm

parrots_rule wrote:
I understand there isn't much for the high lvl's to strive for but if this is a legion based attack model do you think the NPC's should be matched to the legion strength?

I made this for each player not for a whole legion. Sorry if that was confusing in any way. I want this to be something that each player has to work towards for his whole game playing time.

Wed May 30, 2012 12:56 pm
Profile WWW

D wrote:
How about a bonus that lowers the chance of being debuffed or the npc buffing itself? Maybe 2% on the first level, and later on 5% chance?

Just added in Made it a bit higher. lol

Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

this defiantly needs to be added, as it gives you more of a reason to hunt npcs other than just to find the few drops that you want, im sure that this would be good for lower and high ranks and round the game that little bit more.

the only issue i can see is im pretty sure that if it was implemented and we all started from scratch those with 40k+ npc kills would feel a little cheated as thats their bread and butter, as their previous npc kills for each race would not have been recorded not a big deal if you have 10k kills but 40k+ then i could see an issue

it certainly adds to the game nicely, i hope to see it added

Wed May 30, 2012 1:06 pm

boomsly wrote:
this defiantly needs to be added, as it gives you more of a reason to hunt npcs other than just to find the few drops that you want, im sure that this would be good for lower and high ranks and round the game that little bit more.

the only issue i can see is im pretty sure that if it was implemented and we all started from scratch those with 40k+ npc kills would feel a little cheated as thats their bread and butter, as their previous npc kills for each race would not have been recorded not a big deal if you have 10k kills but 40k+ then i could see an issue

I hear you. I'm at 150K+ kills. Maybe Dan could (depending on the amount you have now) give you some to start with in each. If not I wouldn't mind starting from nothing anyways just because it would be something else to work for and something new.

Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile WWW

mojo311 wrote:
boomsly wrote:

I hear you. I'm at 150K+ kills. Maybe Dan could (depending on the amount you have now) give you some to start with in each. If not I wouldn't mind starting from nothing anyways just because it would be something else to work for and something new.

that would certainly be a fair trade off for stats previously earnt, i like it!

Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm

mojo311 wrote:
So I've seen lots of things around where players want wars against NPC's or at least groups of NPC's. Well here is my idea on how to get this to happen.

My thoughts are this. I think that as you kill more of each group of NPC's. Such as the Rogue Science League, The Crimson Blades, The Stryll Order, ext... you should get bonus's. So every time you kill a flamehawk you would get one kill point in with The Crimson Blades. Same with all the other groups. Now as your points get higher I think you should get more bonus or more things unlocked. Here is the list I thought up so far. Feel free to add, take away, or comment how ever you think will make it better.

50: Spawns a rare NPC of the group.
100: 5% chance in doing 2X damage to all NPC's of the group.
250: 2% chance increase in finding the NPC in this group and a 10% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group. (stacks with other groups bonus's)
500: Uncommons now give 2 points, Rares give 3 points, Ext. rares give 5 points from here on out for this group.
1000: Unlock new NPC elite for ranks 250 - 9999 (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit)
2500:5% increase in finding the NPC's in this group and a 20% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group.(stacks with other groups bonus's)
5000: Unlock new NPC boss for ranks 400 - 9999 for the group. (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit)
7500: 2% increase in finding rares of the group. (stacks with other groups bonus's)
10000: Pick, from three mods, one to get on your ship. All mods are different. You only get one the other two are then gone.
15000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled elite NPC of the group.
20000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled boss NPC of the group.
25000: Get to choose 5 of the groups NPC's that you could of ever hit to spawn on your BT. These NPC's are hit-able by every player in your legion and Twice as strong giving them twice the open spots to lock on them while giving them twice the attack and defense.
35000: Choose one of the groups old (or new) NPC's to have hit-able for you (and your legion) for the rest of the time you play.
50000: Gives you a 25% chance of finding the NPC's in this group. Set as an ability which lasts for say 8 hours with a 16 hour cool down. When on does not stack with other groups and cancels out other bonus of this sort.
maybe more later...

So let me know what you guys think. I think this would be amazing and would really give us all a reason to keep fighting NPC's. Think that you should get a new title in there some where for each group just didn't know where to add that. lol

I like it .. great ideas.
In the past I often thought that if we killed enough of certain npc's that a " special " rare npc would show up. I had a theory that if we killed enough Dark Runners etc .. that a Dark Nexus or another one of the Rare Elites would pop up eventually so I could possibly get a Dark Smugglers Cache.
That was the main one that I was looking for because to me that's the best drop in the game but another was the Stryll ships that could be added up to find an Elite Prison ship for a chance at the 6 prisoner drop.
Your ideas are real good and different than I had and more diverse.

I have to vote +1

Wed May 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Don't need to be up there with you guys to like this idea, +1 from me

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Wed May 30, 2012 5:36 pm

A good idea, and the sheer number of kills you need counter-balances the rewards :P.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 pm

I just hope that there would be a visible ingame counter, otherwise I'll run out of paper keeping score!

+1 from me :)

Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 pm

mojo311 wrote:
50: Spawns a rare NPC of the group. Ok
100: 5% chance in doing 2X damage to all NPC's of the group. Not to exceed Damage Cap and I think it should unlock at a higher count.
250: 2% chance increase in finding the NPC in this group and a 10% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group. (stacks with other groups bonus's) Dunno how an increased chance of finding one would work with multiple groups.. And I think 250 is too low for a 10% nerf reduction. How hard is it to kill 250 Sha'din chargers and get the reduction for Shockfighters, Hypergrids, AI Matrices, Hyperports, etc?
500: Uncommons now give 2 points, Rares give 3 points, Ext. rares give 5 points from here on out for this group. (this may be to high...) Meh.. Rarity is luck of the draw, not anything you can control. One guy gets lucky and gets more points than the next guy that's actually killing more NPCs...
1000: Unlock new NPC elite for ranks 250 - 9999 (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit) MOAR LEETS! Just not so sure about being able to see it under the lower rank limit.
2500:5% increase in finding the NPC's in this group and a 20% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group.(stacks with other groups bonus's) See 250
5000: Unlock new NPC boss for ranks 400 - 9999 for the group. (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit) See 1000
7500: 2% increase in finding rares of the group. (stacks with other groups bonus's) Sounds reasonable
10000: Pick, from three mods, one to get on your ship. All mods are different. You only get one the other two are then gone. Pimp my ship, +1
15000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled elite NPC of the group. Just what I need... 2x Vesicles... But the chance at 2x Sacs makes this a +1
20000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled boss NPC of the group. 2x Smugglers Cache or Stryll Prisoners? I'm in!
25000: Get to choose 5 of the groups NPC's that you could of ever hit to spawn on your BT. These NPC's are hit-able by every player in your legion and Twice as strong giving them twice the open spots to lock on them while giving them twice the attack and defense.25000 Runners and Traffickers to unlock a Dark Ring on steroids? This could be a little OP
35000: Choose one of the groups old (or new) NPC's to have hit-able for you (and your legion) for the rest of the time you play. So permanent Graxis, Dark Rings and the highest CTP dropping boss/elite from each faction you unlock? Could be OP for high rank legions.
50000: Gives you a 25% chance of finding the NPC's in this group. Set as an ability which lasts for say 8 hours with a 16 hour cool down. When on does not stack with other groups and cancels out other bonus of this sort. I'm thinking after killing 50k of a faction, I'd want a LOWERED chance of finding them. I mean, I pretty well beat the crap out of them, don't you think they would need to hide and rebuild a little bit? Also, lowering the spawn rate of one faction would increase the spawn rate of the others, allowing you to work towards their tiers.
maybe more later...Please!

That said, I'm all for adding some more variety to the daily NPC clickclickclick. I think there are some good ideas there and some others that are good starting points for development.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Wed May 30, 2012 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
Sound's like NPC Mastery bonus :lol:

Wed May 30, 2012 8:45 pm
Profile WWW

+1.

also the bonus NPC should not take up one of your existing slots until an existing NPC spot expires (like the blockade NPCs).

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
mojo311 wrote:
50: Spawns a rare NPC of the group. Ok
100: 5% chance in doing 2X damage to all NPC's of the group. Not to exceed Damage Cap and I think it should unlock at a higher count.
250: 2% chance increase in finding the NPC in this group and a 10% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group. (stacks with other groups bonus's) Dunno how an increased chance of finding one would work with multiple groups.. And I think 250 is too low for a 10% nerf reduction. How hard is it to kill 250 Sha'din chargers and get the reduction for Shockfighters, Hypergrids, AI Matrices, Hyperports, etc?
500: Uncommons now give 2 points, Rares give 3 points, Ext. rares give 5 points from here on out for this group. (this may be to high...) Meh.. Rarity is luck of the draw, not anything you can control. One guy gets lucky and gets more points than the next guy that's actually killing more NPCs...
1000: Unlock new NPC elite for ranks 250 - 9999 (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit) MOAR LEETS! Just not so sure about being able to see it under the lower rank limit.
2500:5% increase in finding the NPC's in this group and a 20% lower chance of getting hit by a debuff from a NPC of this group.(stacks with other groups bonus's) See 250
5000: Unlock new NPC boss for ranks 400 - 9999 for the group. (if smaller ranked when unlocked you can still find and hit) See 1000
7500: 2% increase in finding rares of the group. (stacks with other groups bonus's) Sounds reasonable
10000: Pick, from three mods, one to get on your ship. All mods are different. You only get one the other two are then gone. Pimp my ship, +1
15000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled elite NPC of the group. Just what I need... 2x Vesicles... But the chance at 2x Sacs makes this a +1
20000: Have a chance at getting 2X the loot from a disabled boss NPC of the group. 2x Smugglers Cache or Stryll Prisoners? I'm in!
25000: Get to choose 5 of the groups NPC's that you could of ever hit to spawn on your BT. These NPC's are hit-able by every player in your legion and Twice as strong giving them twice the open spots to lock on them while giving them twice the attack and defense.25000 Runners and Traffickers to unlock a Dark Ring on steroids? This could be a little OP
35000: Choose one of the groups old (or new) NPC's to have hit-able for you (and your legion) for the rest of the time you play. So permanent Graxis, Dark Rings and the highest CTP dropping boss/elite from each faction you unlock? Could be OP for high rank legions.
50000: Gives you a 25% chance of finding the NPC's in this group. Set as an ability which lasts for say 8 hours with a 16 hour cool down. When on does not stack with other groups and cancels out other bonus of this sort. I'm thinking after killing 50k of a faction, I'd want a LOWERED chance of finding them. I mean, I pretty well beat the crap out of them, don't you think they would need to hide and rebuild a little bit? Also, lowering the spawn rate of one faction would increase the spawn rate of the others, allowing you to work towards their tiers.
maybe more later...Please!

That said, I'm all for adding some more variety to the daily NPC clickclickclick. I think there are some good ideas there and some others that are good starting points for development.

I can see a lot of your points there. And yes I was just trying to through a rough idea out there. I'm sure if Dan did anything with it he would change it like crazy but this is more or less how I would like to see it happen in the end. A step by step thing giving more and better things as you grow.

Also about number 250. I was saying this because 10% lower chance on the chance we all ready have for it is still not much. You are still more then likely to hit it more then once on some of the boss NPC's. But this would just give you a little better chance to make it through or for you to use less cages (for those who use a cage ever time they hit a debuff. :P )

For 1000: I was saying this so if someone under rank 250 somehow does kill 1K of one type of NPC they wouldn't have to suffer for it and wait. Maybe its to low of a number for this but I would hate to see someone do all that work for nothing.

For the 25K one. I don't see this being OP since its just a one time thing. Gets the whole legion involved for a one night blast to the past thing where they all get awards for your hard work. This would get lots of players more active during the week of the big event. lol

I made the 35K one because I thought that once someone does all the hard work of killing 35K NPC's of one group they deserve to have their pick of their fav. NPC from there. I can see how it could be OP there though since it would be a prem thing. Maybe switch this with the 50K one or maybe make it past the 50K one because of how powerful it could be...

The 50K one I made because once you do all the hard work of getting there I would like to be able to find more of say the troopers. Or queens. Or Fab plants. and so on. You wouldn't even have to use it all the time if you want to fight other things just don't use the ability but if you really want to go hunting for things from that race this would allow you to do so...

Glad you all like it over all so far. It can use a lot of work and I hope Dan lets us know more of what he's wanting from it in the end. :D

Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 pm
Profile WWW

AMAZING idea yes a thousand times yes.

I agree with Darth on the 250 one it is a bit low I can knock out 250 in a day. The % increase doesn't sound feasible, if you get 250 in each group do you get an extra slot or is just the timers goes down? Not sure how this would be implemented any other way.

500 takes 2 days okay now I am racking up points even faster...nah don't make it easier, that's what is the problem with the game, everything gets too easy, you can auto rank, take every planet, kill every base., etc. maybe an effect for each faction, ie you have the option to turn off crimson obelisks from flamhawks :)

1000 maybe an enemy blockade of that faction?

10k can we get them later with the higher up counts?
25k I think you can only pick the elites you are currently able to see ( by this time they should be pretty high in rank)

Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Littlefluffy wrote:
AMAZING idea yes a thousand times yes.

I agree with Darth on the 250 one it is a bit low I can knock out 250 in a day. The % increase doesn't sound feasible, if you get 250 in each group do you get an extra slot or is just the timers goes down? Not sure how this would be implemented any other way.

500 takes 2 days okay now I am racking up points even faster...nah don't make it easier, that's what is the problem with the game, everything gets too easy, you can auto rank, take every planet, kill every base., etc. maybe an effect for each faction, ie you have the option to turn off crimson obelisks from flamhawks :)

1000 maybe an enemy blockade of that faction?

10k can we get them later with the higher up counts?
25k I think you can only pick the elites you are currently able to see ( by this time they should be pretty high in rank)

I changed the % lower chance of getting debuffed from NPC's to a much lower number this should even it out some for you since they are lower on the scale.

Also about the 25K one. Since it is just a one time thing I thought it would be fun to have a blast to the past sort of thing. There are so many NPC's that I never seen and hear about or just saw for a little while and would like to see again like the prison ship. Now if Dan would upgrade a lot of the NPC's that high ranks can no longer see then I could see just doing the ones you can see now since they would have better awards.

=============================================================================================

Also here are some more for past the 50K mark so the 50K one would make more since...

60000: Unlock a new Super boss. That has 25 spots on it and gives about 6 different awards. Most be rank 1000 - 9999 to see it. (I don't think anyone can kill 60K of one NPC before rank 1K. lol)
70000: Triples your chance of getting blockade of a NPC from this group. Also creats a new blockade NPC thats alertable with 10 open spots on it.
80000: Have a 5% chance of finding a fleet of 100 NPC's from this group attack you at once show up on your BT. This allows you to attack 100 NPC's from this group in a row without having to exit out between each fight. Just keep clicking the attack button and as they die a new one just comes up. First 3 of the last 5 are all elites. Second to last is a Boss. Very last one should be the new boss type you unlocked back at the 60K mark. (this idea could use a lot of work but I think it would be interesting.)
90000: From killing so many NPC's in this group you learned much of how their tech runs and works. You can now get a new ship skin from their group that gives you a % increase in something they specialize in.
100000: NPC's of this group now fear your name. They are taught about you from the time of joining/birth. You now have an ability that will lower the rate you see NPC's by 25% but the ones you do find may give you 2X the loot on their death. The ability should be something like this: Attaching a signal to your ship will give NPC's of this group a heads up that you are coming causing them to flee. The signal lasts for 2 hours and has a 6 hour cool down. Using this ability will cancel out the ability you got at the 50K mark. And all other % bonus's.

Thu May 31, 2012 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

Yes plz +1

Thu May 31, 2012 6:00 pm

+1...another great idea to add more to an allready great game!

Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next