View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Few Ideas 

Is there a way you could color code the ship log? I get so many messages and they are very similar in their text. As an example, make hostile messages red, planet sharing green or something, etc.

Also I had an idea for an artifact: A size increaser for planets, with a chance to explode the planet out of existence. Max size being very massive, and the more you increase its size, the greater the risk you lose the planet. So getting a very tiny planet up to very massive would be rare.

Another artifact idea I had was a history wipe. Basically when you use it, you disappear off of everyone's ship log. It could be an effective way to gain some peace if you are being attacked incessantly. Not sure if this is even possible to do, but it seemed interesting.

Fri May 07, 2010 7:59 am

@ size increaser.. What if you take someones planet and blow it up? :(

@ Ship log. Make ship log split up is also a good idea. OR add button like planet tab (Show planet shares, show ship shares, show attacks)

@ artifact like "ship flux" I think is possible to implement. But there will be a need for big changes - e.g. The ship is no longer in your scan range (this only happen to planets now)

Make planet "last attacked" history resettable. Easier if you see your planet... last attacked 2 days ago and wonder if you did flux it recently...

Fri May 07, 2010 8:10 am

O_O the ship flux would have to be pretty common for it to be worth anything. Also if you were on a top kill list it wouldn't do much for you. I'd rather see ship sharing like scan sharing limited time only. Also you would still be on the battle screen. And then anyone can share you again. Wouldn't work too well.

I do like the color coded idea.

I also thought about something along the lines of a planet size increaser but I never suggested it because when you think about it, that artifact would have to be pretty rare like the terraformer. In your case, it would anger me if my planet exploded when I took the time waiting for a chance at the artifact. Also think of the abuse potential. You have a planet you don't like, you simply increase the size till it blows up. BOOM no more crappy planet.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:07 pm

i like the idea to sort the log entries by type like the planets tab. would make it alot easier to sort though.

also a ship flux would be VERY useful for those not on the most hated list (leader board - kills). could save alot of newb players like myself who get over their heads with grief and need a fresh start. this shouldnt be a common find BTW, i like the idea but dont want someone to attack then constantly flux themselves. keep it as rare as the real flux.

Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Just for a little more clarification on my ideas:

@Planet Size Increase: Instead of blowing it up, you could risk imploding it, and dropping it down 3 planet sizes or something. It's one of those risk vs reward things, that very large planet with pretty decent resources would be much more desirable if it were very massive, but you take a big risk getting it there beyond two upgrades. (Btw when I meant blow it up, I just meant it loses its colonization and it drops off everyone's scan list, waiting to be found again.) Also you can only do this if you colonize the planet.

@Ship Flux: Yes if you are on the leader boards for attacking, you won't be able to clear your name, however that is of one's own doing. If you want to be a full on attacker, then that is just a risk you have to take. I do like the idea of keeping an attack log, but just removing the name from it. I don't agree with having a lot of these, just so they aren't being abused, you use them when you are in dire need. I remember a while back there was a battle for dominion over some planet between a few guys, and one guy was getting hacked a 100 times a day. It's for situations like these that it would be nice to drop off the radar.

Fri May 07, 2010 7:38 pm

A color coded ships log would be great. Being able to then filter message types would be even better. Being able to save or mark a message would be better still.

As for the planet size artifact... That's a tricky one, but it sounds like the sort of thing that some clever people could find a way to exploit. But it WOULD be nice to have more options for those worthless planets.

Ship flux - sounds like a good idea. We can do it with planets, so why not ships too. The downside is that it could become a major tool for griefers. Make somebody's life hell, then disappear. I would add the condition that doesn't work within 1-4 hours of disabling, raiding, or hacking.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Headless wrote:
Ship flux - sounds like a good idea. We can do it with planets, so why not ships too. The downside is that it could become a major tool for griefers. Make somebody's life hell, then disappear. I would add the condition that doesn't work within 1-4 hours of disabling, raiding, or hacking.

To prevent griefing, the rarity would be taken into consideration. It wouldn't be like you could stockpile these. Also another way to prevent this would be to cap how many you can have at any given time. Lets say you can only have two at a time, or even one. In this manner you would only want to use it in dire emergencies.

Tue May 11, 2010 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]