View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:41 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Ship clss and size. 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Ship clss and size.
OK i have sugested before that they need to limit the crew size on ship to make it even out.

after long thought it just came to me do not limit crew size.

many have said in the past it would not work because to many people allrdy have mosr crew than the limits would require and it woule not work.

well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:08 am
Posts: 3142
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Chris24markey wrote:
OK i have sugested before that they need to limit the crew size on ship to make it even out.

after long thought it just came to me do not limit crew size.

many have said in the past it would not work because to many people allrdy have mosr crew than the limits would require and it woule not work.

well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.


your point in upgrading the ship class? thats just a name. or are you saying it should affect dmg cap?

_________________
Image
http://www.universegenesis.com/bonus.php?id=7704&rofl=1f1616039121f25&lol=72141855&boss=SteelWolverine


ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs


Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:33 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
both. little ships should not get the advantage of both power and damage caps. if you want the protection of a small ship, you can not have unlimited atkack on said ship! it should not take 30 galaxy destroyers to kill one scout.

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:40 am
Profile

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 629
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
I'm glad that you decided to let the crew size increase. One Dan would lose a little money from us buying them with GP and two we need all we can get for raiding.

I'm not sure what to think about the rest of the topic.
I'm currently having a problem with the small builds, their damage cap and the hull that they're allowed to have. If you think about it a small ship couldn't have the hull to fit in a small ship and it couldn't hold off three of the top legions in the game alone.
I'm pretty sure Dan made the small build damage cap because of the high ranks attacking new players in the game to give them an advantage. They don't have the experience, the artifacts or the hull to hold off three legions so it's no big deal and is a good idea.
But when it's purposely done it becomes an unfair advantage when it comes to pvp to higher ranks. In reality a small ship would get wiped off the map by one bigger ship that is thick skinned as it should be let alone three legions.

That's the problem that we're having and I like the current crew settings the way they are because of the raiding factor that I stated above.

Edit : I'm thinking it's a good idea to make the damage cap match the level that a ship is.

Anymore thoughts both good and bad are welcome.
We need a constructive conversation.

_________________
http://www.bannersnack.com/my-banners/d ... eb2917543/


Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:44 am
Profile

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 629
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Chris24markey wrote:
both. little ships should not get the advantage of both power and damage caps. if you want the protection of a small ship, you can not have unlimited atkack on said ship! it should not take 30 galaxy destroyers to kill one scout.


Yes you are correct in every aspect of the word.

_________________
http://www.bannersnack.com/my-banners/d ... eb2917543/


Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3369
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Chris24markey wrote:
well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.


-1 to this. forcing everyone to play the game the same way is nonsense. if something like this happens, i quit GL and take my cc with me.

_________________
Rank 3055 Uldrinan Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 63959 raids: #1; 35193 kills: #2; 71125 hacks: #3;


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:08 am
Posts: 3142
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
senatorhung wrote:
Chris24markey wrote:
well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.


-1 to this. forcing everyone to play the game the same way is nonsense. if something like this happens, i quit GL and take my cc with me.

it isnt forcing anyone to play the same way. its just taking back part of a ridiculous advantage.

_________________
Image
http://www.universegenesis.com/bonus.php?id=7704&rofl=1f1616039121f25&lol=72141855&boss=SteelWolverine


ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
senatorhung wrote:
Chris24markey wrote:
well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.


-1 to this. forcing everyone to play the game the same way is nonsense. if something like this happens, i quit GL and take my cc with me.


lol quit then, this is not an issue that many have not been complaing about it just one that no one wants to talk about.

as said above this is for constructive conversation and thats what we want, saying your just gona take your ball and go home does not help the current situation.

You do not like the idear thats fine but its a legitiamate issue and, its fine if you want the small ship but in reality your little ship could not hold the crew or fp to sustain the stats they do now, all i am asking for is the issue to be looked at more closely and dealt with properly.

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 2737
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Someone who has a SSB at a high rank had to work to get there. They had to manage their ship and deal with the lack of space while ranking. The advantage they receive in late game is the reward for their hard work. If you added decks to fit your ship with ever module created that was your choice. The damage cap was changed to remove some of the advantages that the received by making ranking a factor. Now that some ships are receiving the benefits of their build you claim it is unfair and want to remove the advantage they worked hard to get. The game mechanics should not change because the advantage that was known from the start is being used well.

As for your argument about the ship size and it not making sense. All I have to say is that this is a game, there are going to be certain discrepancies between reality and what the game allows. Including, bases changing modules in the middle of a lock, ships disabled while guarding a planet and the enemy ship not seeing the planet, cargoes several times larger than the ship is (maybe that's where all the crew goes), and let's not forget the really in your face obvious one...alien races, space ships and 4M planets in a galaxy with no stars/black holes.

Also your idea of making ship size a factor of crew, would make having a larger crew make your ship weaker, meaning those who have 100K+ crew one of the easiest to kill because their damage cap would be the largest and even if I am only doing 1/10 of the damage cap it might be more damage than a person with small crew who only added helmsmen rather than scientists

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:33 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Littlefluffy wrote:
Someone who has a SSB at a high rank had to work to get there. They had to manage their ship and deal with the lack of space while ranking. The advantage they receive in late game is the reward for their hard work. If you added decks to fit your ship with ever module created that was your choice. The damage cap was changed to remove some of the advantages that the received by making ranking a factor. Now that some ships are receiving the benefits of their build you claim it is unfair and want to remove the advantage they worked hard to get. The game mechanics should not change because the advantage that was known from the start is being used well.

As for your argument about the ship size and it not making sense. All I have to say is that this is a game, there are going to be certain discrepancies between reality and what the game allows. Including, bases changing modules in the middle of a lock, ships disabled while guarding a planet and the enemy ship not seeing the planet, cargoes several times larger than the ship is (maybe that's where all the crew goes), and let's not forget the really in your face obvious one...alien races, space ships and 4M planets in a galaxy with no stars/black holes.



the damge cap was made to prvent as others have said large ships from taking advantage of little ones, as dan updates the game many things change and others are left unchaged untill the new issue arises on them.

so to say everything is set in stone is crazy cuz the game has changed so much i have played from the begining and have see a lot of changes to things that limit the op of things.

whith the implmentation of not being able to see ships out of your lv range witch was a addition added, as you said it was not added from the start so seeing things are changes all aspects have to be taken into account.

I am not trying to take the advantage away of haveing a damge cap, i am just suporting the fact it is op. because their is no way a ship of that class would be able to suport it.

however this is the kind of critisim i am looking for this is a topic that needs to be talked about. i welcome all idears and sugestion on this. thanks for not acting like a child and saying your gona take your ball home with you like the last guy who is
only lv 133 and thats all you know haha.

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 4:45 am
Posts: 1338
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
I agree with Fluffy - people plan and make sacrifices for SSB's - I have no problem with them reaping the rewards. Folks like Golgotha that made it to high level as an SSB planned a deliberate strategy and stuck to it.

The problem I see is more in how the game works - if somone gets attacked by several people, it lags the game insanely, but *only on attacks on that person.* So like, if Golgotha is guarding Exotica, and the Dysonians want to knock him off while he's online, it's basically impossible, due to the lag. One guy can't disable him due to the SSB - it takes several of us to tag-team him and overwhelm him. However, this generates such hideous lag that we each can't get off more than a shot every 3-4 seconds. Since the lag is only affecting us, he can recharge with no trouble and bascially can't be killed.

Note that this problem isn't unique to SSB's - we had similar trouble with Namalak. Since he was online, we had to dogpile. Because of the lag this caused, our attacks went off so slowly that he could keep repaired indefinitely.

Without the lag, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. But with it, someone that's online and has a half-way decent hull is basically invincible - as long as they spam traps/repairs, one evenly matched person won't be enough to kill them. A group will lag the system so that they can't do the job either.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:48 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Toastar wrote:
I agree with Fluffy - people plan and make sacrifices for SSB's - I have no problem with them reaping the rewards. Folks like Golgotha that made it to high level as an SSB planned a deliberate strategy and stuck to it.

The problem I see is more in how the game works - if somone gets attacked by several people, it lags the game insanely, but *only on attacks on that person.* So like, if Golgotha is guarding Exotica, and the Dysonians want to knock him off while he's online, it's basically impossible, due to the lag. One guy can't disable him due to the SSB - it takes several of us to tag-team him and overwhelm him. However, this generates such hideous lag that we each can't get off more than a shot every 3-4 seconds. Since the lag is only affecting us, he can recharge with no trouble and bascially can't be killed.

Note that this problem isn't unique to SSB's - we had similar trouble with Namalak. Since he was online, we had to dogpile. Because of the lag this caused, our attacks went off so slowly that he could keep repaired indefinitely.

Without the lag, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. But with it, someone that's online and has a half-way decent hull is basically invincible - as long as they spam traps/repairs, one evenly matched person won't be enough to kill them. A group will lag the system so that they can't do the job either.



very well put mate. this is probly the heart of the problem, its not that they have an op advantage, its the fact it is the more that attack the worce the lag is getting, and were numbers should have no issue in killing the ship its next to impossible due to the lag that gives them a greated advantage.

I also posted in another topic a timer should be added to artifacts say 20-30 sec per use to counter mind the lag.

But i think you hit the true problem on the head, because its not truly a problem to kill them, its the game making it impossible to do so, and thats the reson the issue needs to be adressed!

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 2737
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Chris24markey wrote:
the damge cap was made to prvent as others have said large ships from taking advantage of little ones, as dan updates the game many things change and others are left unchaged untill the new issue arises on them.

so to say everything is set in stone is crazy cuz the game has changed so much i have played from the begining and have see a lot of changes to things that limit the op of things.

whith the implmentation of not being able to see ships out of your lv range witch was a addition added, as you said it was not added from the start so seeing things are changes all aspects have to be taken into account.

I am not trying to take the advantage away of haveing a damge cap, i am just suporting the fact it is op. because their is no way a ship of that class would be able to suport it.

however this is the kind of critisim i am looking for this is a topic that needs to be talked about. i welcome all idears and sugestion on this. thanks for not acting like a child and saying your gona take your ball home with you like the last guy who is
only lv 133 and thats all you know haha.


There was a change to the damage cap so that a rank 900 wouldn't have a damage cap of 25. It is not static, Dan made a change.

But you are okay with the cargoes? My cargo is over 13.5x my deck size. If you can accept the cargoes why not the crew? What should the ship size increase with cargo too?


Toastar though that is a problem it doesn't really have to do with SSBs and crew size. It is the server that needs to be upgraded, so all the multiple disables, nanos that don't repair, etc. are not an issue.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3369
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Chris24markey wrote:
very well put mate. this is probly the heart of the problem, its not that they have an op advantage, its the fact it is the more that attack the worce the lag is getting, and were numbers should have no issue in killing the ship its next to impossible due to the lag that gives them a greated advantage.

But i think you hit the true problem on the head, because its not truly a problem to kill them, its the game making it impossible to do so, and thats the reson the issue needs to be adressed!


see, now THIS is reasonable ... determining what the problem is BEFORE suggesting a hammer on every nail solution. still doesn't mean i'm taking you out of my killfile though - your signal to noise ratio is still on par with howesy.

as for quitting GL, i have quit previous fb games where a sudden change completely undermined months worth of playstyle - if the whole (non-exploitative) strategy that i've built my gameplay around, having read as much of the forum and wiki as a can before embarking on it, gets wiped out in an instant, to me that is a lack of dev respect for the paying customers and i have no problem walking away and not looking back. examples - dre*m world, tri*mph, city of blo*d, vinyl c*ty, etc.

_________________
Rank 3055 Uldrinan Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 63959 raids: #1; 35193 kills: #2; 71125 hacks: #3;


Last edited by senatorhung on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Littlefluffy wrote:
There was a change to the damage cap so that a rank 900 wouldn't have a damage cap of 25. It is not static, Dan made a change.

But you are okay with the cargoes? My cargo is over 13.5x my deck size. If you can accept the cargoes why not the crew? What should the ship size increase with cargo too?


Toastar though that is a problem it doesn't really have to do with SSBs and crew size. It is the serve that needs to be upgraded, so all the multiple disables, nanos that don't repair, etc. are not an issue.


actuallly your mistaken i have never suported the cargo, and have protested many times it should also be clasified and caculated into your ship size mate. i also said you should have to have said sapce/ cargo space reqired for sad crewmbers. thats way it would make your ship poper the people need a place to stay.

I have said this many times in the past. all crew should take up space in ither deck size or cargo, and said cargo space should be counted in the ship size. so your mistaken to think i am only out for deck size.

and my cargo is over 100k, yet i suport the fact i should be a slower moving ship, yet being so big i should be able to stack a lot more hull, were a little spect ie scout should not even come close to the hull i can store.

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3369
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
KJReed wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Chris24markey wrote:
well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.


-1 to this. forcing everyone to play the game the same way is nonsense. if something like this happens, i quit GL and take my cc with me.

it isnt forcing anyone to play the same way. its just taking back part of a ridiculous advantage.


seriously ?? if every time you get more crew, you have to rank up, then everyone who starts at about the same time will have around the same number of decks. so, where would the ship variety come from ? there will be an 'ideal' build for every rank - how boring !

hate to keep bringing up games that i'm no longer playing, but b*ttle stations had this issue - if you were a particular rank, you simply targeted everyone x ranks below you because you knew that they did not have the space to fit the better mods. it was so boring that the devs brought in farmville elements to 'spice things up'. totally ridiculous waste of time.

_________________
Rank 3055 Uldrinan Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 63959 raids: #1; 35193 kills: #2; 71125 hacks: #3;


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:19 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
senatorhung wrote:

seriously ?? if every time you get more crew, you have to rank up, then everyone who starts at about the same time will have around the same number of decks. so, where would the ship variety come from ? there will be an 'ideal' build for every rank - how boring !


your making my point for me... the ships should be difent. each with its own ability. as it stands now they have no diversity.

but you tell me were you can have a scout with 10k crew on it. it no longer a scout. all ships should have limits and requierments to have. those requierments should include all aspects of the game. cargo hull crew sheilds.

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 am
Profile

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 629
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
senatorhung wrote:
Chris24markey wrote:
well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.


-1 to this. forcing everyone to play the game the same way is nonsense. if something like this happens, i quit GL and take my cc with me.


That doesn't sound very constructive to me ... What rank are you anyways ?

_________________
http://www.bannersnack.com/my-banners/d ... eb2917543/


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:27 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
Xx Blitz xX wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Chris24markey wrote:
well the solution is have a limit lv and if you have more crew than can be put of a ship then your ship class is upgraded, so ither your deck size increses the ship class or the total crew does.

so for example say a scout only has 50 crew or 10 deck size, if you get 11 crew you ship becomes the next size or if u hit 51 crew.


-1 to this. forcing everyone to play the game the same way is nonsense. if something like this happens, i quit GL and take my cc with me.


That doesn't sound very constructive to me ... What rank are you anyways ?


he like lv 133 blits why else do you think he is so out spoken, he only know one side of the problem and is new to the game lol

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:30 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:24 pm
Posts: 359
Location: Houston, TX
Post Re: Ship clss and size.
To a certain extent limiting crew based on a ship size would make some sence. On smaller ships in the Navy, like Submarines, they use a system called Hot-Racking where 2 people share the same bed, 1 person is asleep while the other is on-duty. It works but i can't say anyone likes it. Game or not it's hard to say that 12 crew could share 4 beds in the same room on the same deck.

So....let's say there's 4 types of crew, Tactical Officers, Helmsmen, Engineers, and Scientists. Now let's say there's limited space for crew quaters aboard the ship and every crew member is entitled to thier own room. Also, let's go further out on a limb and say there's limited Cargo space per deck also.

Currently you can get 2 Tactical Officers, 2 Helmsmen, 2 Engineers, 3 Scientists and 5 Cargo per Rank point.

My Idea: Limit the amount of Rank Points that can be put into crew allowing a max of 10 Tactical, 10 Helm, 10 Engineers, 15 scientists and 25 Cargo Per deck. Basically limiting crew and cargo to 5 rank points each per deck. 45 crew per deck is generous for a cap in my opinion.

So a "Cruiser" with 250 decks would be limited to a max of 2500 Tactical, Helm and Engineers plus 3750 Scientists and 6250 Cargo. Once the "cap" is reached, the option to add more is Greyed-Out until your ship gets bigger.

In the case of a bigger ship, lets say a "Heavy Goliath" with 1200 Decks is simalarly limited to a max of 12k Tactical, Helm and Engineer plus 18k Scientists and 30k Cargo. So, as you can see, some people would never reach the cap so the change probably would only affect people over the cap already, Forcing minor increases in ship size.

This limits the overall long term advanage of SSB, it does force people to make there ship a little bigger. For people already over the cap, they don't lose what they have but they would have to put the points into something else or not use them at all. Also, like with planets or ship modules with a cap of max number allowed, change Artifacts like the Android Helmsmen and Scientists to not allow to be used if the person is over the cap on that crew type. Same with MSP and Terrasects, i don't see myself needing more than 85k cargo with the number of decks i already have.

This change would even out some PvP in the sence that you can't be a SSB forever, it probably wouldn't force people to increase the size of thier ships by much but you get the picture. Bottom line, i agree that a Crusier shouldn't be able to kill a Galaxy Destroyer simply because of the damage cap.

_________________
Officer of The Sith Lords
Rank 1075+ Epic Legend, Insane
1830 Medal Points, 5+ years of game play
7 Titles, 13 Ship Designs


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:37 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: