View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Ship clss and size. 

Tirrk wrote:
I don't think the problem is ssb's, but modules. Increasing the damage cap for more modules stops being worth it after a certain point (the exact point would be worth a lot). There are only so many worth while mods, and only so many at the same time. Is a quasi worth a 27 point higher damage cap for 427 attack? Maybe, maybe not. Some sort of module retooling (I like the crit idea) would be more productive than nerfing ssbs.

Each module adds up to be a lot after awhile.

About the Quasi heavy weapons being worth it ? Probably not if it's taking a long time to save credits.

Heavy Quasi-Chaotic Blaster Attack +430 : 20,500,000,000 CR + 4,800 Kurenite

Quasi-Chaotic Blaster Attack +409 : 14,500,000,000 CR + 3,600 Kurenite

I think I installed mine when my mining was about 10k and I had to go builder.

It's a prestige thing and the small attack increase to the Heavies does help some but for the price I'd like to see them be higher.
I'd like them to also get an overhaul in looks.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:48 am

Soooo... any comment on the fact that small ship builds are actually considered massive in all the science fiction shows that we keep quoting?

Personally, that helps me imagine it a lot better - and those pictures have always been some of my favourites :P

The realisation that we can chew up and spit out any ship from any standard sci-fi show i can think of is hilarious :P

Random note - the 19k Executor class Star Dreadnought had 280 734 crew. So even without funky technology, my 30k ship is going to be ok for a while... infact its damned lonely here. I need more crew!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:52 am

Hawkeblade wrote:
Xx Blitz xX wrote:
You want to get smart huh ?

Go back and read the things that I've said about that and many others before you think about coming at me with your bs.
READ.

Smart ass? no, your way of removing KVTs is a longer way. I was simply showing you a better way to remove KVTs in like two seconds.

I have, you have even qouted what ive said a few times even said some of them were good, so when did i start spewing bs? Your issue is with lag but your using it as a facilitator to change certain aspects of the game to something that is unnessicary.

Lol im not attacking you blitz, just your complaint...but take it as you want.

There are more than one issue as you know that's why I said what I said ( Lag and time )

The pics that you posted explained how long it takes to get to the artifacts to make a difference while attacking. The defender has way too much time while the attacker has to keep looking for his null fuses every time he trips a KV. All the defender has to do is click KV's as fast as he can until all the attackers are debuffed and then he simply cages and repairs.
When we were allowed to use two tabs and have the null fuse ready to click on the next tab it wasn't an issue. We would simply click on the null fuse and click the next tab and resume attacking. It was a fluid constant attack like the defender can do.

I've already said all this though ... It get's annoying after a while when people don't read everything before they post.

I stated before that if we have an HUD when we click on the ship to attack and have all the attacking artifacts including the null fuse sitting there in the HUD waiting to be clicked instead fumbling around like we have to now.

Last edited by Xx Blitz xX on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 am

Golgotha wrote:
Soooo... any comment on the fact that small ship builds are actually considered massive in all the science fiction shows that we keep quoting?

Personally, that helps me imagine it a lot better - and those pictures have always been some of my favourites :P

The realisation that we can chew up and spit out any ship from any standard sci-fi show i can think of is hilarious :P

Random note - the 19k Executor class Star Dreadnought had 280 734 crew. So even without funky technology, my 30k ship is going to be ok for a while... infact its damned lonely here. I need more crew!

lol yeah they're bigger than I imagined.

I need more too. Send me some ................

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:03 am

Completely off topic here, but who said we're not allowed to use multiple tabs?? I certainly know Dan hasn't said we're not allowed to do it.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:06 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Completely off topic here, but who said we're not allowed to use multiple tabs?? I certainly know Dan hasn't said we're not allowed to do it.

It was posted in some thread a long time back that it was not allowed and was a violation to the game rules.

Not sure who said it or were it came from just rember reading it.

Not saying its true just saying it was posted, that's all.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 am

Chris24markey wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

It was posted in some thread a long time back that it was not allowed and was a violation to the game rules.

Not sure who said it or were it came from just rember reading it.

Not saying its true just saying it was posted, that's all.

Think it was a thread about exotica and how using a null made you have to start over. Think icblf had to tell whoever it was a million times that it wasn't related at all.

Edit: http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28027&hilit=Exotica&start=0

Seems it was john falls ranting about it. said we should have dan comment about it. Never did.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:15 am

Xx Blitz xX wrote:
lol yeah they're bigger than I imagined.

That's what she said.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:48 am

This has been a cool discussion. Tagging it for later.

Will only add what others have said already, I would hate to see a planned ship build strategy be "punished" because it happens to dominate after all that work.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:45 pm

StolenPlanet wrote:
This has been a cool discussion. Tagging it for later.

Will only add what others have said already, I would hate to see a planned ship build strategy be "punished" because it happens to dominate after all that work.

Nobody is trying to punish them ... It's a complicated issue.
No one really knows what to do except Dan and company ... hopefully. Finding a balance of what is needed on both sides doesn't seem to be an easy task to us anyways.

Besides all that, I don't care if they want to go through all that trouble to make it harder to be disabled.
My main issue is the problems that arise on Exotica with them or anyone that is impossible to take down on it because that planet gives a medal that everyone needs to get at one time or another.
The problem was made aware because 3 legions couldn't take one ship down.

They are :

Lag
Time
Ease of defenders to click on KV's when being attacked
Difficulty of attackers to debuff KV's while attacking because the defender simply has to spam click KV's to stop everyone then repair. ( takes too much time for attackers )
Huge hull on a small ship
Rank
Cloak and Scan not factored in well enough. ( Bigger ships may be bigger targets BUT we're harder to see so a ship with no scan or cloak shouldn't be able to do major damage on a ship that is cloaked that good ). Also a ship that doesn't have much cloak takes more damage than a ship that doesn't.
Same with scan. A ship with no scan can't hit criticals often at all against a ship that is cloaked.

Is all of this factored in the equation ? I don't know ....

We've talked about those issues stated above but I just listed them as a summery.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:55 pm

SSB's do need some sort of fix just to make combat logical....

1 - Big ship = Ability to mount larger weapons
2 - Ability to mount larger weapons = Massive damage capability and Slower target tracking
3 - Massive damage capability and Slower target tracking = A.) One direct hit completely destroys small ship. B.) Small ship should have an evasion chance % to completely avoid damage

% should be based on the size differential of the two competing ships

Hitting a fly with a nuke and watching them continue buzzing around suck ballz :|

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 am

DarthRavadge wrote:
SSB's do need some sort of fix just to make combat logical....

1 - Big ship = Ability to mount larger weapons
2 - Ability to mount larger weapons = Massive damage capability and Slower target tracking
3 - Massive damage capability and Slower target tracking = A.) One direct hit completely destroys small ship. B.) Small ship should have an evasion chance % to completely avoid damage

% should be based on the size differential of the two competing ships

Hitting a fly with a nuke and watching them continue buzzing around suck ballz :|

lol ..... good analogy.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:25 am

From someone who has not read the rest of the thread, possibly.

I think we have covered the actual ship sizes, weapon power and relative defences several times already.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 am

Golgotha wrote:
From someone who has not read the rest of the thread, possibly.

I think we have covered the actual ship sizes, weapon power and relative defences several times already.

lol it was still funny.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:56 am

I know as a rank 133 I'm relatively new to the game but I thought I'd put my two cents in. It would seem to me that the problem is that SSB was something that was put into place to help lower level players but has since then has been painstakingly exploited by some players to make ships that take an extraordinary amounts of hits to take down. The solution is that LSB needs something added to make it more viable against a SSB. For example instead of having a damage cap it would be considerably more realistic to have a hit or miss chance equation with smaller ships being able to outmaneuver the shots from the larger ships. The equation would take into account the size of both the ships to find the difference between them to determine how much more maneuverable the smaller ship is. That way smaller ships barely ever get hit, but when they do it hurts while large ship gets hit more often but the hits don't make as much of an impact. It would be a hard system to implement but it would balance out game play so that SSB doesn't become quite as ridiculous to fight against as it is now.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 am

Sloa wrote:
it would balance out game play so that SSB doesn't become quite as ridiculous to fight against as it is now

I understand the idea of needing to balance, but I still disagree with the suggestions made thus far.
My primary disagreement comes from one basic principle- we all got to chose our path a long time ago.
I have said it before, so forgive me for repeating. This is a game of choices. I started a little bit after Frail. I went my way, he went his. The game shouldn't be "evened out" because Frail executed his plan and got to rank 3,000. He just hustled and did his thing. At one time, I was in the top 10 raids. The game shouldn't be "evened out" because Krauzen broke 7,000 raids while I have fallen back and actually off the boards. He just hustled and did his thing. I oppose changes to the game that would effectively weaken a ship/player when we all had the freedom to make our own choices.

Now I would be in favor of new weapons or artifacts that did massively critical damage. Omicron mines were fun for about 50 ranks. Thetas were cool to maybe 125. We have long since needed another super destructive devise (like immediate 75% of hull). Perhaps if finding the devise or firing the devise were based on deck size (greater % chance to acquire it), I could see that as helping to balance. In other words, increase the things the large deck ship could do without overtly weakening the smaller ship build.

One other possibility. What if ship bots could work in reverse? Gonna go add that as a suggestion.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:57 pm

StolenPlanet wrote:
Sloa wrote:
it would balance out game play so that SSB doesn't become quite as ridiculous to fight against as it is now

I understand the idea of needing to balance, but I still disagree with the suggestions made thus far.
My primary disagreement comes from one basic principle- we all got to chose our path a long time ago.
I have said it before, so forgive me for repeating. This is a game of choices. I started a little bit after Frail. I went my way, he went his. The game shouldn't be "evened out" because Frail executed his plan and got to rank 3,000. He just hustled and did his thing. At one time, I was in the top 10 raids. The game shouldn't be "evened out" because Krauzen broke 7,000 raids while I have fallen back and actually off the boards. He just hustled and did his thing. I oppose changes to the game that would effectively weaken a ship/player when we all had the freedom to make our own choices.

Now I would be in favor of new weapons or artifacts that did massively critical damage. Omicron mines were fun for about 50 ranks. Thetas were cool to maybe 125. We have long since needed another super destructive devise (like immediate 75% of hull). Perhaps if finding the devise or firing the devise were based on deck size (greater % chance to acquire it), I could see that as helping to balance. In other words, increase the things the large deck ship could do without overtly weakening the maller ship build.

One other possibility. What if ship bots could work in reverse? Gonna go add that as a suggestion.

I respect your opinion but I don't completely agree with you but I do like the idea of doing a mass damage strike.
I've mentioned this in another thread about bases and I might have thrown ships in there as well.

In the newer series of Battlestar Galactica each side had nukes to hit each other with. They were huge ships but they couldn't handle too many of those.
I think it would be a good idea to add this to the game but it couldn't be used often because of it's power.
The person would have to save it for X amount of time for a certain player that he's having a hard time with and it would charge back up for X amount of time.
This would help with the lag issue because it would slow down some of the mass clicking that we need to do.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Yeah, to be fair Blitz, you have consistently stated that this was about far more than just the deck size. You mentioned a host of things like lag and damage. I respect you for that too. Also, to be fair, it is true to say the game has to be monitored and adjusted from time to time; else things do get too far out of balance. So, if it was just two months or two years, if we see a noteable issue, it should be addressed. Still, my hope would be to add things to the large ship side rather than take from the small ship side. I would be open to new things in the game that both ships could use; but perhaps the larger deck ship could use with greater effectiveness. For example, if Dan were to add the "one lucky kill shot" option, I think it should be available to both ship builds. However, the ssb has a 2% chance to score such a hit, whereas the lsb has a 10 or 20% chance. I know the idea of targeting critical ship systems has come up before. I shall not rush to make a new post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7