View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Need to fix the ship battle 

"Farm him" lul never heard it put that way. The dude is getting payed back. I think the battle system is just fine. I know there are a bunch of people who want me dead because I always kill em O_o. But at the same time a guy I used to kill all the time who was like level 75 just added me to friends because he didn't want to die anymore. Good times.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:37 pm

The only thing I see wrong with the battle system as of now is that the XP gained is based off rank not the current stats of your opponent. But other then that its fine.

Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Noah wrote:
"Farm him" lul never heard it put that way. The dude is getting payed back. I think the battle system is just fine. I know there are a bunch of people who want me dead because I always kill em O_o. But at the same time a guy I used to kill all the time who was like level 75 just added me to friends because he didn't want to die anymore. Good times.

assimilating a legion of sheep... ill have the lamb ;)

Tue May 11, 2010 12:42 am

hunter wrote:
Noah wrote:

assimilating a legion of sheep... ill have the lamb ;)

Ill have the 12 gauge

Tue May 11, 2010 12:58 am

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Hello.

I thought the current battle for ship vs ship and ship vs planet is rather silly and weights too much in offender's favor..

Under current combat system, offender can attack to damage the ship or planet THEN back out just to repair his ship and repeat.. Then repair again then win while defender had NO chance to repair his ship or planet while offline..

What I propose to upgrade the battle system to re-equalize the playing field:

Give defender automatic repair on hull of the ship or population of the planet back to FULL for free for every repair that attacker made on themselves..

That mechanics ensures that weaker attacker will never disable ship or invade planet because every time he repairs, it's back to square one to start again as supposed to.. Only stronger attacker who never needed to repair all way to the end of the battle should win as supposed to..

Bottomline, everytime attacker press repair, it sends auto-repair to defender as well. I think that's fair..

Thanks..

I think the best way is that when anyone repairs from the ship tab, they get an effect "Weapons recharging" for 30 minutes. This will turn to 'Weapons overload" (-50% attack,30 minutes) if the said ship attacks anyone. Also, perhaps make the ship non-attackable for the first 30 minutes assuming the repaired ship did not attack anyone.

Wed May 12, 2010 3:58 am

Barracuda wrote:
I think the best way is that when anyone repairs from the ship tab, they get an effect "Weapons recharging" for 30 minutes. This will turn to 'Weapons overload" (-50% attack,30 minutes) if the said ship attacks anyone. Also, perhaps make the ship non-attackable for the first 30 minutes assuming the repaired ship did not attack anyone.

NO, the best way is to leave it alone... if you want to match the capability of the online attacker, perhaps later there can be offline ship options to be executed in your absence like
1)IF hull < x AND damage %(per hit) is not > x then heal hull (same 5 min timer) this would heal only if the hull is below a certain amount, and if the damage isnt too great to overcome (healing wont matter)
2) use offensive artifact x when attacked
3)use defensive artifact x when attacked

could help level the playing field

Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 am

2) and 3) won't help. Most of the artifacts are 2hrs. So, the attacker just has to hit once, then 2 hours later finish the kill easily

Also, implementing 1,2 or 3 would result in a major overhaul. It will take up too much time to implement them.

Wed May 12, 2010 4:34 am

Barracuda wrote:
2) and 3) won't help. Most of the artifacts are 2hrs. So, the attacker just has to hit once, then 2 hours later finish the kill easily

Also, implementing 1,2 or 3 would result in a major overhaul. It will take up too much time to implement them.

i disagree that it would need an overhaul. at the most, the hardest part would be making the UI handle the selections. i think the logic for them wouldn't take long at all. the question is do we really want to allow this feature in, or is this something like a waist of time? i personally dont care either way. im more on the attack so i would actually prefer if the ship DID NOT repair :) im just throwing ideas out to make the game more fun for everyone.

Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 am

Idk if this sounds smart or anything but there could be auto recharge on the hull like on the shields,but it would take credits for each tick of healing.

I do support the current pvp system since no1 is really secure and even a weaker player can disable a stronger one albeit for no return on xp. Ofcourse
they might get lucky when raiding or hacking, and thats fine with me. Makes this game more interesting and not some lame Zynga clone etc... :)

Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2