View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Need to fix the ship battle 

Hello.

I thought the current battle for ship vs ship and ship vs planet is rather silly and weights too much in offender's favor..

Under current combat system, offender can attack to damage the ship or planet THEN back out just to repair his ship and repeat.. Then repair again then win while defender had NO chance to repair his ship or planet while offline..

What I propose to upgrade the battle system to re-equalize the playing field:

Give defender automatic repair on hull of the ship or population of the planet back to FULL for free for every repair that attacker made on themselves..

That mechanics ensures that weaker attacker will never disable ship or invade planet because every time he repairs, it's back to square one to start again as supposed to.. Only stronger attacker who never needed to repair all way to the end of the battle should win as supposed to..

Bottomline, everytime attacker press repair, it sends auto-repair to defender as well. I think that's fair..

Thanks..

Sat May 08, 2010 2:20 am

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Hello.

I thought the current battle for ship vs ship and ship vs planet is rather silly and weights too much in offender's favor..

Under current combat system, offender can attack to damage the ship or planet THEN back out just to repair his ship and repeat.. Then repair again then win while defender had NO chance to repair his ship or planet while offline..

What I propose to upgrade the battle system to re-equalize the playing field:

Give defender automatic repair on hull of the ship or population of the planet back to FULL for free for every repair that attacker made on themselves..

That mechanics ensures that weaker attacker will never disable ship or invade planet because every time he repairs, it's back to square one to start again as supposed to.. Only stronger attacker who never needed to repair all way to the end of the battle should win as supposed to..

Bottomline, everytime attacker press repair, it sends auto-repair to defender as well. I think that's fair..

Thanks..

So what do you do when you want to surprise attack someone? I admit the battle systems has some flaws, but personally I find this ridiculous. This would make shields crap, limit the level of customization, and deny the "Hit and Run" tactic. Now I dont like getting on and realizing that iv been disabled but whoop de friggin doo, I repair and get on with my life.

In fact I could argue that the current system is in favor of the defender, he dosnt have to use energy to attack but is still able to attack he enemy, by simply stacking alot of defense you make yourself a target that no one wants to kill due to the fact it would take all their energy just ot get you half down.

All in all, im sorry but I think this is a horrible idea.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:28 am

i experienced this... mostly on the attack end. the reason i really don't like this idea is that it takes power away from the low levels. i attacked high levels before and won (hull repairs and all), but that means that the defender has a stronger ship and can just pounce the attacker any time, any place. so if they have the stones to attack a stronger ship, im all for it. why is it so hard to just attack them back in this situation.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:35 am

hunter wrote:
i experienced this... mostly on the attack end. the reason i really don't like this idea is that it takes power away from the low levels. i attacked high levels before and won (hull repairs and all), but that means that the defender has a stronger ship and can just pounce the attacker any time, any place. so if they have the stones to attack a stronger ship, im all for it. why is it so hard to just attack them back in this situation.

No notification, or offline.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:36 am

I don't see that being a problem, for 2 reasons -
1. Only hull can be repaired, not shields. Sure the attacker can repair hull, but that gets expensive.
2. There is a cool-down timer on repairing. After you do it once, you need to wait a bit before you can do it again.

A bigger problem in my mind is that right now high level players can farm weaker lower level players for XP, but that has been debated long and hard in another thread.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 am

Headless wrote:
I don't see that being a problem, for 2 reasons -
1. Only hull can be repaired, not shields. Sure the attacker can repair hull, but that gets expensive.
2. There is a cool-down timer on repairing. After you do it once, you need to wait a bit before you can do it again.

A bigger problem in my mind is that right now high level players can farm weaker lower level players for XP, but that has been debated long and hard in another thread.

Actually, its not worth it at all to farm lower lvl players, unless your like lvl 30ish, absolutely horrible energy/XP efficiency.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:21 am

I think, the battle system is unbalanced in a way there's a damage cap (if there is) for attacking ships.

Example (attack/defense)
Attacker 300/10 - shields + hull 50
Defender 500/10 - shields + hull 500

This may most probably lead to defender taking 100 damage, attacker taking 10 damage. Attackers shield takes less time to replenish this sort of damage. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:22 am

Barracuda wrote:
I think, the battle system is unbalanced in a way there's a damage cap (if there is) for attacking ships.

Example (attack/defense)
Attacker 300/10 - shields + hull 50
Defender 500/10 - shields + hull 500

This may most probably lead to defender taking 100 damage, attacker taking 10 damage. Attackers shield takes less time to replenish this sort of damage. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last time I checked Hull was only taken account for when the amount of HP had been already decided. AKA last time i check Hull dosnt have anting to do with how much dmg you take, and iv nvr seen dmg go beyond 30.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:25 am

Perhaps it should be a win-win situation. :)

Let the ship that gets disabled receive a small XP bonus whenever they get disabled. That might also reduce the amount of "repeat attacks" against the same ship - since they are only contributing to making the ship stronger (albeit slowly). It might also soften that nasty feeling you get knowing that you got knocked out.

Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 am

Small XP Boost? That would be bad if the disabled ship was ALMOST the next level.. a second kill! :)

Sat May 08, 2010 7:37 am

webguydan wrote:
Perhaps it should be a win-win situation. :)

Let the ship that gets disabled receive a small XP bonus whenever they get disabled. That might also reduce the amount of "repeat attacks" against the same ship - since they are only contributing to making the ship stronger (albeit slowly). It might also soften that nasty feeling you get knowing that you got knocked out.

I like the direction you're thinking here... But not with XP!
I like to plan my leveling, in order to get a jump on the next level. I'll get as close to leveling as possible (within a few XP) and then wait til I can do the highest available XP mission. For example, if I level up using the "mysterious homeworld" mission, my energy recharges and I get 150 xp of which 140+ will carry over as free xp on the next level. But if somebody attacks me at the right time and I level with the small defense XP, I lose all that creamy carry-over goodness, and then I cry.

Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Ah yes... I can understand that.

How about the game credit you the cost to repair your ship if someone else disables it? That ensures that you are only paying large sums of $$$ if you are suffering the damage from your own actions. :)

Sat May 08, 2010 4:03 pm

webguydan wrote:

How about the game credit you the cost to repair your ship if someone else disables it? That ensures that you are only paying large sums of $$$ if you are suffering the damage from your own actions. :)

i really dont like that idea... whats the point of attacking someone for retaliation if they suffer no effect other than a extra death on their stats? one of the selling points is that they will have to pay for repairs.

Sat May 08, 2010 4:12 pm

hunter wrote:
webguydan wrote:

i really dont like that idea... whats the point of attacking someone for retaliation if they suffer no effect other than a extra death on their stats? one of the selling points is that they will have to pay for repairs.

Hunter is right... That does kinda defeat the purpose of a good justified ragekill. Instead, how about something like a 30 minute (more? less?) defense buff if you are disabled by another player? Stackable, so if you're targeted over and over by a group of people it gets harder after each kill.

Or maybe a handful of resources, based on hull damage received by the attacker and/or defender that the defender "salvages" after the battle. (But this might be too much like the free repairs.)

Sat May 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Headless wrote:
Instead, how about something like a 30 minute (more? less?) defense buff if you are disabled by another player? Stackable, so if you're targeted over and over by a group of people it gets harder after each kill.

interesting. but being attacked by separate people may also be justified. so what about this idea.
1) IF the same player that disabled the ship tries to disable again in less that 2 hours, then the ship gains like 100% def bonus. however IF the player attacks or does anything harmful to any other player during that period, then he loses the protection.

Sat May 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I say don't change the battle system ... And let them talk for truce :P

you will never be able to satisfy everyone there.

Sat May 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Zhorgul wrote:

i agree... but truces are hard to come by if the user doesn't go to the forum or post in the GL FB page. finding a random users FB page to post a PM is virtually impossible just searching names. the game really doesn't allow messaging to non friends. i really think killing someone in the game should be once per offense, maximum 2 (for extreme case). that how i operate, and i kinda expect the same courtesy in return. if someone is going to get raged on repeatedly, the least that we could do is grant a bonus to help them out. 2 hours is just about as fast as i can build up enough energy for another attack anyway so not gaining much here anyway with my idea.

Sat May 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Theres a new tab Comms, when you open the ship's window. Coming soon :shock:

Sat May 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Zhorgul wrote:

I think we should change the XP gained from it but in this case, yus let it be.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Yes, comm tab really helps alot! It helps to work out with some problems between attackers and defenders but there will be always farmers out there who don't care about your beg for mercy..

Someone who farmed me and disabled me 5x and raided me twice and stole one of my artifact.. Only to make me pissed off and I heavily pumped up ship battle power then now I was able to farm him back, hack him, raided him few times and stole of his artifact. He finally used comm and told me that he gave up and wanted to stop.. But he attacked one of my legion shortly after he comm'ed me. My friend told me about him so I told him, "sorry, I can't stop doing it cuz you attacked my legion member and I'm acting in defense of him" He said, "Ah I see." He shouldn't farm me often for no reason in first place and now he's paying his price.. He now is attacking my friend as long as we both farm him.. I told my friend that I can make this stop by forcing that farmer to stop and I'll stop. But my friend said, "Let's fight him back and I ain't going to give up". That's the spirit. ;)

Legion is where you can rely on support for anything in Galaxy Legion if you are in real trouble..

Mon May 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next