View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Galaxy Kill Leaders list 

It is my opinion that this definitely needs to be changed, it is extremely unfair that I started off this game with the intention of killing other people while also stacking cloak in order to never be killed, just to be stuck on a LIST that immediately points out to the entire Galaxy Legion community "here this guy is now go kill him."

I went from 0 kills to 71 kills without being attacked once. Why? Because I had enough attack/defense/cloak that anyone who could attack me, didn't because it would be suicide. The moment I stepped over to 72, I get killed 4 times in 2 days. By who? The top killer, because obviously he has nothing better to do than to kill me (a rank 25) with his vastly superior stats (he's rank 116). Normally you can't do this because he can't scan out rank 25's, but because of your absolutely ingenious idea of globally broadcasting the top 10 aggressive players (which really isn't as bad as it sounds, I'm only rank 25 for crying out loud) I can now be killed by people over 4x my rank.

Not to mention that if I had gone for research, rank, hacks, raids, planets AKA anything OTHER than combat I wouldn't have this issue. Either make it so that those on the top kills list can't be attacked, or make it so that EVERYONE can be attacked.

And yes, I know that you can only attack people 3 times and never get any kills to avoid this problem. But it's a little late for that now, and besides the fact it's simply a mechanic inhibiting combat. You don't play Grand Theft Auto to be able to run up to people, hit them 3 times until they're almost ready to give you all of their money, then walk away because you don't want to show up on the top muggers list and be insta-killed daily by the FBI.

Sat May 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Although I feel for you (I am currently 2nd in kills) you have to realize that you thought you were big enough to slay everyone in your path and now karma is taking a chunk out of your ass. It sucks yes, but at the same time when you consider 72 people who couldn't defend themselves against you it kinda points out to me that it was karma. I kill a ton of people and I am waiting for the day that I screw up and kill the wrong person. I have been tempted several times to kill people way above me but its not worth the many times I would die. I realize you focused on people your level and under but at the same time if you attack you have to be prepared to be attacked. Also if you raid, you have to be prepared to be raided. If you hack be prepared to be hacked. If you conquest be prepared to be conquered. It makes logical sense that somewhere along the way you will be killed.

Sat May 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Noah wrote:
Although I feel for you (I am currently 2nd in kills) you have to realize that you thought you were big enough to slay everyone in your path and now karma is taking a chunk out of your ass. It sucks yes, but at the same time when you consider 72 people who couldn't defend themselves against you it kinda points out to me that it was karma. I kill a ton of people and I am waiting for the day that I screw up and kill the wrong person. I have been tempted several times to kill people way above me but its not worth the many times I would die. I realize you focused on people your level and under but at the same time if you attack you have to be prepared to be attacked. Also if you raid, you have to be prepared to be raided. If you hack be prepared to be hacked. If you conquest be prepared to be conquered. It makes logical sense that somewhere along the way you will be killed.

Ya PVP is sorta like an arena in this game, once you get in you dont get out, and once you become known people are going to start watching you, and waiting for their chance.

Sat May 08, 2010 9:58 pm

In actuality I always attack people higher level than me. Mostly for experience reasons, but regardless I always attack people higher than me in my list of targets. If everyone is my level or lower, I wait until higher levels show up.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Andrew Pogue wrote:
In actuality I always attack people higher level than me. Mostly for experience reasons, but regardless I always attack people higher than me in my list of targets. If everyone is my level or lower, I wait until higher levels show up.

Well this could cause major problems for you, unless your pouring everything into offense and defense (research included) a higher rank will have the equipment and the energy to take revenge on you when they feel like it, so be prepared for some nasty revenge, this could also be part of your problem ppl can still target you if you disable them through their ship logs.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Andrew Pogue wrote:

this is how i operate (kill above my level), but i found out about the kills list when i was lv 19 and already racked up 20 kills. at that time the low end of the kill list was 40+. so for a few levels i stopped killing altogether until the XP change. and PvP is not for the timid. i got WAY over my head by thinking i was too strong @ my level to be touched, and that i was isolated in my rank level. this is soo wrong if they send out scans. i soon found that i was no match to my new enemies. my advice is go pacifist for a few days and ppl will forget about you. be very glad you didn't rack up much more kills than that. just wait a day or so for some other poor player to get 73 kills.

Sun May 09, 2010 1:38 am

hunter wrote:
Andrew Pogue wrote:

this is how i operate (kill above my level), but i found out about the kills list when i was lv 19 and already racked up 20 kills. at that time the low end of the kill list was 40+. so for a few levels i stopped killing altogether until the XP change. and PvP is not for the timid. i got WAY over my head by thinking i was too strong @ my level to be touched, and that i was isolated in my rank level. this is soo wrong if they send out scans. i soon found that i was no match to my new enemies. my advice is go pacifist for a few days and ppl will forget about you. be very glad you didn't rack up much more kills than that. just wait a day or so for some other poor player to get 73 kills.

=True stealth killin

Sun May 09, 2010 1:42 am

Pros dont need stealth 8-)

Sun May 09, 2010 2:14 am

Noah wrote:
Pros dont need stealth 8-)

:twisted:

Sun May 09, 2010 2:27 am

congratz... some other poor player has already reached 74 kills. just be careful to stay a little below that mark in the future.

Sun May 09, 2010 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]