View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Make certain items conditionally extractable. 

I asked Dan why certain items are not able to be extracted. His responses was:

Dan wrote:
A variety of powerful structures cannot be extracted to limit their availability and ensure players perform the various pre-requisites in order to gain access to them.

So my suggestion is if the requirements are met. ie you have 61 yellows and the necessary medal points for a heist station you can extract them. If you are litheor you can extract the probes etc. This would only work on repeatable items, so no perimeter stations, the mission artifacts from the trelilth chain etc.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Littlefluffy wrote:
I asked Dan why certain items are not able to be extracted. His responses was:

Dan wrote:
A variety of powerful structures cannot be extracted to limit their availability and ensure players perform the various pre-requisites in order to gain access to them.

So my suggestion is if the requirements are met. ie you have 61 yellows and the necessary medal points for a heist station you can extract them. If you are litheor you can extract the probes etc. This would only work on repeatable items, so no perimeter stations, the mission artifacts from the trelilth chain etc.

plus you must have already acquired and built one before

+1

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Apologies for the topic-necro on this topic but it is appropriate. While Fluffy's answer would work for medal point limited items, it does answer the real problem. I see two answers, both of which add content (sort of):

1) Completion of a mission chain (and corresponding medal) gives you the passive ability to extract the normally unextractable item.

Example: No one could extract an Alarri item until the finish the chain, get the medal for doing so and have X number of medal points, and maybe even a rank requirement if Dan feels that necessary.

2) Add an upgraded mylarai extractor from a new NPC that lets you extract any building.

Either way, Dan needs to add something to the name of items that can not be extracted (maybe an asterisk, so you'd see Alarri Signaling Drone*) on the planet page as well as a note on the artifacts description. It is unfair to have to have to remember what can and can't be extracted or be the person who has to 'test' this.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm

list on wiki:

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _Extractor

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 am
Profile WWW

ODragon wrote:
Apologies for the topic-necro on this topic but it is appropriate. While Fluffy's answer would work for medal point limited items, it does answer the real problem. I see two answers, both of which add content (sort of):

1) Completion of a mission chain (and corresponding medal) gives you the passive ability to extract the normally unextractable item.

Example: No one could extract an Alarri item until the finish the chain, get the medal for doing so and have X number of medal points, and maybe even a rank requirement if Dan feels that necessary.

2) Add an upgraded mylarai extractor from a new NPC that lets you extract any building.

Either way, Dan needs to add something to the name of items that can not be extracted (maybe an asterisk, so you'd see Alarri Signaling Drone*) on the planet page as well as a note on the artifacts description. It is unfair to have to have to remember what can and can't be extracted or be the person who has to 'test' this.

Remember it's to limit their availability too, we don't want someone with hundreds of Alarrai Signaling Drones. It'd just be plain overpowered.

Although I do like the idea. :)

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:55 am

Littlefluffy wrote:
This would only work on repeatable items, so no perimeter stations, the mission artifacts from the trelilth chain etc.

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:
Remember it's to limit their availability too, we don't want someone with hundreds of Alarrai Signaling Drones. It'd just be plain overpowered.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 am

Littlefluffy wrote:
Littlefluffy wrote:
This would only work on repeatable items, so no perimeter stations, the mission artifacts from the trelilth chain etc.

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:

So let me get this straight, basically you're saying you'd like to see four of the eleven non-extractables changed...

• Dark Null Beacons (Extractable by any ship at least Rank 900.)
  • Deep-Phase Probes (Extractable by any ship with the 'Did You Hear Something?' medal.)
  • Heist Dispatch Stations (Extractable by any ship with at least 61 Successful Raids.)
  • T.O. Manufacturing Cores (Extractable by any ship at least Rank 100.)

Why stop with four? I mean, Perimeter Stations and Scruuge Labs aren't exactly limited as a seasonally recurring daily mission reward anyway, it just takes a while to build up a nice stockpile...

• Perimeter Stations (Extractable by any ship that is older than November 2012?)
  • Scruuge Labs (Extractable by any ship that is older than December 2012?)

Slippery slope once you start making conditions on some but not others.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am
Profile WWW

Annabell wrote:
Littlefluffy wrote:
Littlefluffy wrote:

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:

So let me get this straight, basically you're saying you'd like to see four of the eleven non-extractables changed...

• Dark Null Beacons (Extractable by any ship at least Rank 900.)
  • Deep-Phase Probes (Extractable by any ship with the 'Did You Hear Something?' medal.)
  • Heist Dispatch Stations (Extractable by any ship with at least 61 Successful Raids.) [color=#BF0000]Also need the medal points
  • T.O. Manufacturing Cores (Extractable by any ship at least Rank 100.)

Why stop with four? I mean, Perimeter Stations and Scruuge Labs aren't exactly limited as a seasonally recurring daily mission reward anyway, it just takes a while to build up a nice stockpile...

• Perimeter Stations (Extractable by any ship that is older than November 2012?)
  • Scruuge Labs (Extractable by any ship that is older than December 2012?)

Slippery slope once you start making conditions on some but not others.[/color]

NPC drops should always be eligible for extraction imo.
dispatch I would be okay with at least getting the non-upgraded back at least, but I would prefer the whole thing.
I am actually okay now with litheor being nonextractable, would prefer they were but meh.

As for the slippery slope...Dan has shown he can "fix" somethings and leave the thing causing the problem in the first place (conductive pillars, doubles). he has shown he can easily ignore us completely as the case with the rank 2200 caps. I think he can handle stopping with those 2.5-4 arts being able to be extracted.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 am

Sorry for Necro again, but perimeter stations are something of an anomaly, given that Tri-Phase Cutters, Sha'ja Uplinks and Hypergates are all extractable. They aren't as overpowered as the lab/tower/core upgrades.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:50 am

If we have to spend GL points to get something, exp Lepus egg for a Lepus drone, you should be able to extract it.

If I cant extract it, I will not spend my GL points to buy it.

Of course I could always destroy any planet artifacts of that type that I find when I invade a planet. Gotta reduce the advantage enemies would have.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:43 pm

perimeter is not an anomaly.
Perimeter is gained via daily of seasonal event.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

Give it up people, jeez, bumping an almost 2 years old topic(wherein the last post was from a year ago) :roll:

Dan made the Auric/Lepus Drone 4.0 to be non-extractable, and he did that this year. Almost 2 years after this thread was even started, so he's not gonna make things extractable now, end of story.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]