View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Allow Star Chart Purgers on planets with XRP Inhibitor!!! 

I would really like to be able to purge these crap planets from my list. For example:

Large Icy Rich planet, producing a whopping 104 arts/hour. XRP Warp Inhibitor gives me this: Cumhairops: This planet is completely immune to the effects of artifacts and special abilities.

Why should I be penalized by having this poor planet on my scans forever? Let me purge it!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 pm

I agree with you, it doesn't hurt you the owner to have us able to purge it and if anything, it helps them.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

+1

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

+1 this is very annoying

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm

+1 nothing more to say no reason why we shouldn't be able to do this.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm

absolutely! +1000!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:13 pm

+1

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 pm

There's a reason why we can't use Purgers on immune planets. I won't say it's a very good one from a player's standpoint, but it makes sense from the developer's point of view. It's much much easier to code things so the immunity "excludes all" rather than "allow this, this and this, but not that, that, and that."

That said, I wouldn't mind being able to purge and probe planets with artifact immunity. Those don't really do anything that a planet needs protection from. I've lost track of the number of conversations I've been party to wherein someone is trying to purge an ally's planet and we had to get the guy to lift the Inhibitor.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
+1
I have never run into this problem, but I can easily see how it can be annoying.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:
There's a reason why we can't use Purgers on immune planets. I won't say it's a very good one from a player's standpoint, but it makes sense from the developer's point of view. It's much much easier to code things so the immunity "excludes all" rather than "allow this, this and this, but not that, that, and that."

That said, I wouldn't mind being able to purge and probe planets with artifact immunity. Those don't really do anything that a planet needs protection from. I've lost track of the number of conversations I've been party to wherein someone is trying to purge an ally's planet and we had to get the guy to lift the Inhibitor.

2 words for you
invincible planets

Dan already has the coding.

I agree with this idea, but I would also like flux probes to work too...well anything in the quick bar. passive, invasive arts that don't affect the planet at all.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 pm
I just now had a thought. If this was implemented, people would be clamoring for it to be added to Exotica too, because once they are done with it, it is just an empty planet slot.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Joseph4 wrote:
I just now had a thought. If this was implemented, people would be clamoring for it to be added to Exotica too, because once they are done with it, it is just an empty planet slot.

not true. even after they have the medal they will still need it on their scans in order to help teammates hold it. it will be a long time before an entire legion has that medal.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:57 pm

KJReed wrote:
Joseph4 wrote:

not true. even after they have the medal they will still need it on their scans in order to help teammates hold it. it will be a long time before an entire legion has that medal.

I would want to remove exotica from my lists. I finished the mission when i was a noob, and had no idea what the planet was about. i have absolutely no intention of trying to take it, so for me its just wasting space.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 am

+1
This issue would be a good one to work one.
Or if not to give an explanation (maybe above) from Dan on why it isn't going to change.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Hell i'll say +1 too and offer a suggestion to assuage Dan if he doesn't like the idea.

Why not set up a companion mission(repeatable) to modify the warp inhibitor to allow this as Fluffy described(use of quick bar arts only, NO Inv Arties, No Def arties)

the owner gets something out of it - he can now check his invulnerable planet to see if its on scan and maybe needs a purge given the scanner of record.

Could also do another mission if needed for those improved star purgers...Or just be gracious and let us purge lol.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]