View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Showing planet status in the scan list 

Since there's no log when someone attacks one of your planets until he actually conquer it. The only way to know if someone attacked one of your planet is to check each planet profile and rollover the "?" near its name ... And guess what? When you have over 20 planets it gets really annoying to check each planet profile every single day.

I realised that issue yesterday when I checked a planet profile, it was stated as calm, but when I rollovered it I saw it actually got attacked 1 week ago ...

I was like: "there's a guy who actually attacked me 1 week ago, I'm only realising it now and I don't even know who that is ..."

I fluxed the planet straight away. But admit, there's a lack of something here ...

So my suggestion is to add a planet status (calm / under attack / etc) directly next to each planets in the scanning list so I don't have to go to each planet profile to check if it has been attacked etc.

Mon May 10, 2010 9:05 am

OR.. add a BIG exclamation mark on the planet picture or beside it in the scan list until the player views the planet :)

EDIT: Or under colony, change the status of Peaked -> Peaked (!)
Please make planet attack history be resettable by the owner (perhaps only for peaked planets)

Putting the status 'calm' won't help as I sometimes see the planet that was attacked like 3 hours ago returns to calm

Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 am

I agree completely. I've been lucky enough that none of my 12 planets has been attacked (but then I have nothing better than a few icy/aquatic rich.) I'm always afraid that I'll lose one right under my nose, since I rarely cruise the planet lists.

It would be nice to see a log entry if a planet has been attacked, even if we don't get to see who attacked it (but I think we should!)

General: "Sir, there's a large starship in orbit destroying our population. Our 3 largest cities are now vapor. They're broadcasting a message saying that we will be assimilated, and then killed."

Governor: "Shhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone. Don't even look at them. Maybe they'll go away."

Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am

I too would like it even if it didn't tell me who was attacking the planet. A big exclamation mark somewhere would be good. But it is a pain in the ass to load each planets tab screen when I have 24 planets and check them individually to see if they are being attacked.

Mon May 10, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah, you gotta load each one of them... and hover your mouse over the "calm" one by one. :(

Mon May 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Noah wrote:
I too would like it even if it didn't tell me who was attacking the planet. A big exclamation mark somewhere would be good. But it is a pain in the ass to load each planets tab screen when I have 24 planets and check them individually to see if they are being attacked.

ya having a "status" tab would be awesome

Mon May 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Duly noted.

Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]