View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Updating Bases 

This is kind of several different ideas or parts.

1.) Have cloaking and scanning mods on bases as well. If you can hide your ship from people have it so bases can also hide. Cloaking would be used to hide from initial scans for the base as well as during battle reducing damage on some hits due to ships not seeing part of the station, or seeing it where it is not. Scanning would be used to add a bonus to scanning for bases as well as during combat giving a bonus to attacking ships to land critical hits as the base's scanning software would feed data to the attacking ships. Scanning could also be used for to find bases of a certain level, as the base level gets higher the scanning would be less effective on finding it. So if you wanted a lv 3 or 4 base you would find it rather easy, where if you wanted a lv 6-8 base you would most likely not find it in the first tries. This is to help younger legions to not find lv 6 bases when they are looking for lv 3 bases that they can take down. Scanning lastly would give a bonus to find a rarer base crate, like the raid bonuses so if you had a 50% chance to find a crate you might have a 5% chance that it would be a larger crate. This would also take up more space on bases meaning there would be a reason to upgrade the bases to higher levels. Scanning and cloaking for bases would be equal. Finding a base would be based on the ship's scanning that is scanning for the base plus their base's scanning amount would determine if they find the enemy base or not (kind of like scanning for planets).

2.) Change the base abilities to offer different bonuses based on both race and professions so that there isn't just a demand for 1 type of profession or race for bases, also to improve a few of the lesser wanted professions.
Emergency Repair: Aerlen(+0.5) Human (+0.25) Fixer (+1) Builder (+0.75)
Auxiliary Fortification: Lazuli(+1), Fixer(0.75), Builder(1)
Cyborg DataChannel: Vygoid (+1), Zolazin(+1), Drannik (+0.5), Kronyn(+0.5)
etc. This would allow there to be diverse group of members instead of a ton of Lazuli Fixers to boost the base hull and repair. Have this done to all the abilities and have it include all races and professions. This would included unlocked races and professions. The lesser wanted abilities would receive larger boosts to make them better.

3.) Expand the research tree another level and have it have more base upgrades, these upgrades would take 3 instead of 2 spaces and triple the amounts of the now highest mods. They would be locked to the higher level bases. This would give everyone a reason to get their bases to a higher level as they would take up more room so a lv 8 base wouldn't be able to have all the mods on anymore. They would increase the size(better rewards) or amount of base crates the disabler got if they were on the base and have a huge credit cost of course.

4.) Have some more CT Lab finds for bases instead of ships. Some of these finds would be mods to put on the base, or boosts for the base atk, def, hull or shield, like the base abilities, but they would last shorter time periods. There would be no repairing ones. These would make it harder or easier to take down bases. These would be used by the attacker or defenders on the base, so everyone could see that they where active. Some ideas:
Vampire Base Relays: double Energy cost for attacking for the next 10 mins, but base takes 50% more damage.
Shields! : Double the recharge of shields for 10 mins, but can't use base abilities or anything else on the base for 15 mins.
Fleet Weapon Overclocking: cost only 2 energy to hit a base for 10 mins, damages everyone's weapons by 1 that is attacking the base.
Fleet Barrage : 3x Energy Drain 4x Damage(Figured with damage cap and then x4 that) As long as there is more then 5 ships attacking at the time, lasts 10 mins. Ships have a chance to take double damage from the base due to less space to move around.
Sustained Fire: Every 20 hits for the next 5 mins raises the damage cap by 10 points, ships take an extra .25 damage for 15 mins after this is in effect for 1 min due to uncooled guns.
Grab the Loot and Let's Go!!!After 1 min: If base is under 50% hull it is considered disabled for the defending legion and their production goes down to 20% to 60%(not on their counter, but attack wise the attack is over), for attacking legion it is also considered disabled and they have a chance to get their loot. Loot for them is -1 silver badge, and -20% chance of a base crate.

Last edited by Feldshan on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 pm

1) Base scanning is very well balanced currently. Your base level restricts what bases you can scan.
If you can scan level 3 bases you are not gonna have a problem scanning a bunch of level 6 bases or even 5s.
No reason to change it for a complex system like you suggested.

2) Would be great if every race/profession had some sort of base ability that used it.

3) Would add to the rich get richer thing people don't really like. There are enough reasons to keep upgrading your base up to level 8.

4) A CT Lab that finds abilities for your base. Eh, this would just make the lower ranks have an even harder time killing higher level bases. No thanks.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
1) Base scanning is very well balanced currently. Your base level restricts what bases you can scan.
If you can scan level 3 bases you are not gonna have a problem scanning a bunch of level 6 bases or even 5s.

2) Would be great if every race/profession had some sort of base ability that used it.

3) Would add to the rich get richer thing people don't really like. There are enough reasons to keep upgrading your base up to level 8.

4) A CT Lab that finds abilities for your base. Eh, this would just make the lower ranks have an even harder time killing higher level bases. No thanks.

@1 I would like to see rabk 8's not be able to scan 4's !

@2 I agree maybe a 2 AP lower upkeep by 3% per builder kinda ablity. fully agree

@3 I agree, but would like to see crates for rank 7 and 8's get better drops but this maynot be the topic for that.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Tree7304 wrote:

3 and 4 are more for the people that are complaining about no reason to go to a lv 9 or 10 base due to increased hit caps with no extra defense, attack, hull, shield etc... mods. As for lower ranks killing higher bases, they have enough of a problem anyway I will give you that, but it shouldn't be so easy for a large legion to take down a lv 8/9 base in the few mins that I have heard it did take. That is why I was thinking of the artifacts to be like the base abilities where they would last 2 to 4 hours and not stack. It would eat up the artifacts people say they get too much of and do something that would not end for the base. The only open way to do that with more CT Lab finds to eat artifacts is to do abilities for ships, planets, or bases. Planets and ships have a ton already from missions while bases are kind of forgotten.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Feldshan wrote:
Tree7304 wrote:

3 and 4 are more for the people that are complaining about no reason to go to a lv 9 or 10 base due to increased hit caps with no extra defense, attack, hull, shield etc... mods. As for lower ranks killing higher bases, they have enough of a problem anyway I will give you that, but it shouldn't be so easy for a large legion to take down a lv 8/9 base in the few mins that I have heard it did take. That is why I was thinking of the artifacts to be like the base abilities where they would last 2 to 4 hours and not stack. It would eat up the artifacts people say they get too much of and do something that would not end for the base. The only open way to do that with more CT Lab finds to eat artifacts is to do abilities for ships, planets, or bases. Planets and ships have a ton already from missions while bases are kind of forgotten.

I've not seen a single person ever say there's no reason to go to lvl 9 or lvl 10 base.

The reason no one has a lvl 9 or lvl 10 base, is because it costs 160 mil energy & 1.5mil CTP to get to lvl 9 and likely 1 bil energy and 6 mil CTP to get to lvl 10. > Just so you know, there aren't any level 9 bases out there, and there won't be for at least another year i don't think, and there are to my knowledge, only 4 or 5 lvl 8 bases in this game.

Are you getting all your information second hand, as you really do sound like you have no idea of the monetary investment and years required to build a successful legion/base, let alone the coordination it takes to bring down a lvl 7/8 base in what is actually in normal circumstance, 4+ hours of constant clicking by some of the toughest players in this game.

The only way a lvl 7/8 base dies in minutes(10-15 minutes of constant clicking by 40+ people), is if;

A) The defending legion is not really all that active(i.e. they have spans of time where no one is on, such as all legions wherein all members are USA based are specifically in trouble during the am hours).

B) They're base is setup so only officers/leaders can defend the base(which is actually wise in a way, but only if your legion has all time zones covered).

Last edited by kirkeastment on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Feldshan wrote:
Tree7304 wrote:

3 and 4 are more for the people that are complaining about no reason to go to a lv 9 or 10 base due to increased hit capsAre you getting inside info from Dan? because last i checked nothing about this was ever said with no extra defense, attack, hull, shield etc... mods. As for lower ranks killing higher bases, they have enough of a problem anyway I will give you that, but it shouldn't be so easy for a large legion to take down a lv 8/9 There are no level 9 bases yetbase in the few mins that I have heard it did takeWhere did you get this from? only time this has happened is when the were unable to defend.. That is why I was thinking of the artifacts to be like the base abilities where they would last 2 to 4 hours and not stack. It would eat up the artifacts people say they get too much of and do something that would not end for the base. The only open way to do that with more CT Lab finds to eat artifacts is to do abilities for ships, planets, or bases. Planets and ships have a ton already from missions while bases are kind of forgotten.

and @pony: i dont think 8's can scan 4's

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Tree7304 wrote:

maybe in case once we will have NPC fraction owned Legion bases, would make sense to need extra scan to find them and for critical hits.

otherwise I agree with Tree.

What will prepare Dan for further levels of legion bases, well, it could be also new researchable modules including cloack modules.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Added some ideas to the base CT Lab finds to show that it wouldn't just be about defending a base, due to people pointing out that higher level bases are harder to take down. The idea of them would be to make it faster to disable the base, but ships would use more energy, or take more damage. They are just ideas so they can be changed to make them more balanced to favor either side or favor neither side. My idea was to have it so you could throw a wrench in the enemies plans.

Not sure how to change number 3, tried to make it so that a base would be harder to take down but maybe have better rewards for doing it if it happened. Not sure if there would be a way to make it for balancing the gap between the rich and poor that people are talking about...

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Lol @ sustained fire. Even tough bases might be gone befor they get the alert that they are locked.

ICBLF wrote:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 am

KJReed wrote:
Lol @ sustained fire. Even tough bases might be gone befor they get the alert that they are locked.

Good point, I nerfed it a bit, let me know if you think it is still too strong, which I have a feeling it might be. Is there a way to make it so an attacker would still want to use it but that it would hurt them also so that not used right it would be good for the base defender as well. I want the new things to bring a bit of tactics into play, so that base battles are not just about who has enough energy or attack to take down a base, not really sure how to change it but...

Sustained Fire: Every 20 hits for the next 5 mins raises the damage cap by 10 points, ships take an extra .25 damage for 15 mins after this is in effect for 1 min due to uncooled guns.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 am

Wait for legion missions to come out before repuesting new mods, new abilities, etc.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:49 pm

asdfgr wrote:
Wait for legion missions to come out before repuesting new mods, new abilities, etc.

we've waited patiently for a few months. just cause dan updated us recently doesnt mean they are coming out anytime soon. as for the topic i do agree bases need updating. its come to point that unless a legion is loaded with fixers they can be disabled with ease.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:52 pm
Profile WWW

varunjitsingh146 wrote:
asdfgr wrote:

we've waited patiently for a few months. just cause dan updated us recently doesnt mean they are coming out anytime soon. as for the topic i do agree bases need updating. its come to point that unless a legion is loaded with fixers they can be disabled with ease.

they're coming out this month.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
varunjitsingh146 wrote:
asdfgr wrote:

webguydan wrote:
Re: Suggestions List/Coming Soon
Hi!

Its been a while since we updated everyone on the progress of Legion Missions. Although the code is complete, we are working hard to fill a decent amount of content before it is rolled out. We still have plans for a February release.

Legion Missions will provide many more options/challenges that were not possible with standard missions. The feature/content is geared towards higher ranked players and legions of at least 15 players. A lot of effort has been made to open up the possibilities for how missions progress - so there are many new ways to design these.

We'll update everyone again when there are more details to share.

ICBLF wrote:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
varunjitsingh146 wrote:
asdfgr wrote:

in that case my apologies :) i still stand by what i said about fixers though.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 pm
Profile WWW

He might release legion missions but who is to say that will help a lot with base combat, I do have to say that more mods are not going to make base combat better all the time. The as above I would like to see more artifact abilities to use on the base, if they come from the CT lab they can eat up the artifacts that people trash or sell for low prices on the GTC. Crimson Ob. and Cloning pods come to mind at the top of the list. Using these for Base Combat abilities would keep them relevant and insure that every artifact that you get in an artifact haul is useful to you. Yeah for a while only the people with the biggest draws would get them, but those are also the legions that are smacking lv 7 and 8 bases frequently and are talking about stale base combat.

Thought of another annoying ability for those that can't get a base disabled, but still tried hard. Would also make it so the defender would pay more attention to their base for the legions that don't when a weaker legion is attacking them.

Grab the Loot and Let's Go!!!After 1 min: If base is under 50% hull it is considered disabled for the defending legion and their production goes down to 20% to 60%(not on their disable counter, but attack wise the attack is over), for attacking legion it is also considered disabled and they have a chance to get their loot. Loot for them is -1 silver badge, and -20% chance of a base crate.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]