View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Beams and Missiles combat system 

Hello,

I wonder if we could add missiles to our weapon selection?

Make missiles weaker against shields but stronger against hull/population while beam weapons would be weaker against hull/population but stronger against shield?

For example, a ship with lot of hull hitpoint but has very small shield (+20) then missile boat would do awesome damage against that kind of ship.. It would bring more complexity to the game and more realistic too.. It would put good value on hull and shield depends on player's preferences..

Beam is very directed, narrow beam that will drain shield energy down very much while doing less damage to population and hull because of its "narrow" path of damage..

While a missile such as tactical nuke missile could do a massive damage to population due to wider area of effect to kill many more people and also wider area of damage against hull for heavy damage.. While shield is energy based that could absorb blast from missile and do better against area of effect due to dissipating effect.

Just an idea..

Mon May 10, 2010 5:59 pm

O_o in a way we sort of have missile based tech in that the weapons that we equip are named beams and things like that. I think making a seperate weapon system is unnecessary and the current system works just fine.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:39 pm

yeah i think the current system is ok too.. i mean i do like having more stuff added so there is a wide variety of ways to play

missiles would be cool to be added though just for an extra research option and expand the game a little bit.. like beams most you can have is 8.. but missles only 2 or something... kinda like the 2 different types of stealth you can have...

good idea for expanding the game though

Mon May 10, 2010 7:47 pm

no point. its all damage based and there is no maneuvering. so range and indirect fire don't apply.

Mon May 10, 2010 8:42 pm

/concur with the 3 posts above

Mon May 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Coth, are you just trying to inflate your post count? :)

WTB responses with more than /concur.

Mon May 10, 2010 9:45 pm

webguydan wrote:

No its just that thats the thing I always say when people say what I would have said before I had a chance to say it.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Word.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:30 pm

webguydan wrote:

DAMN I MISSED A PERFECT TIME FOR THE FOLLOWING PIC!

Mon May 10, 2010 10:38 pm

:| .........

Mon May 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Hello,

I wonder if we could add missiles to our weapon selection?

Make missiles weaker against shields but stronger against hull/population while beam weapons would be weaker against hull/population but stronger against shield?

For example, a ship with lot of hull hitpoint but has very small shield (+20) then missile boat would do awesome damage against that kind of ship.. It would bring more complexity to the game and more realistic too.. It would put good value on hull and shield depends on player's preferences..

Beam is very directed, narrow beam that will drain shield energy down very much while doing less damage to population and hull because of its "narrow" path of damage..

While a missile such as tactical nuke missile could do a massive damage to population due to wider area of effect to kill many more people and also wider area of damage against hull for heavy damage.. While shield is energy based that could absorb blast from missile and do better against area of effect due to dissipating effect.

Just an idea..

Although I disagree with adding a missle system to combat, it gave me another idea for an artifact:

Armagedon Missile- used only on enemy planets, it reduces populaton to 50% of max and reduces a planet's colony to "new". This makes it a good griefing weapon for production, and as a good weapon to augment attacking a planet. For balancing issues, it could also have damage to ship hull or systems (representing backfire from launching it) and could be quite rare.

Sun May 23, 2010 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]