View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 On the GTC: An "Item Wanted" NOTICE BOARD! 

Specify item: (type-in field that gives automatic item suggestions as you start typing; you can only choose tradeable items, so you can't type in that you want a "Bob The Builder" DVD.)

Specify quantity: (Next to the "Specify Item" field, enter the # of that item you want.)

Specify price: (Enter # of credits. Then next to the credit field is a tickbox saying "OBO" - Or Better Offer. You're flexible about it if you check it. If not, you want exactly what you ask for.

Sometimes, I don't find any of the item I'm looking for, at the GTC. This would help mitigate that issue. - Asheron

---

Addendum: Next to the OBO tickbox, another one would say "Choose Your Price" so the responder to that notice would be the one offering the price instead.

Under the price display, would be the total price, and the "price per each unit" price. The price you'd enter would be the total price, which is automatically divided out to the PPEU price.

Daily missioner, NPC'er.
Mylarai: enriches often.
Gives base spare energy before ranking, as able.
Mutually jocular drama favored.

Get MANY daily benefits & elites as an IMMINENT DARKIE TODAY!

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:34 am
Profile WWW

-1 I'll be kind enough to explain why.
1. search item- typing in bob the builder would be a waste of time since you won't find anything
2. it already has a ppi, ending, and lowest price filter
I'm not sure what you're suggesting but you should be able to find what you want on the GTC

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:39 am
Profile WWW

stuffybeary wrote:
-1 I'll be kind enough to explain why.
1. search item- typing in bob the builder would be a waste of time since you won't find anything
2. it already has a ppi, ending, and lowest price filter
I'm not sure what you're suggesting but you should be able to find what you want on the GTC

You must've glazed it. I said you can't ASK for a "Bob the Builder" DVD when you put up your item request on the noticeboard.

Some tradeable items I look for, again, do not appear sometimes. They're not traded as frequently, so the item request notice board would change that.

The request board would having something to do with a ppi. You'd set an asking offer, or allow the responder to make an offer on that item for you. And the request would not end until fulfilled. - Asheron

Daily missioner, NPC'er.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 am
Profile WWW

so youre basically upset that the bad artis arent for sale on the gtc... do you know why, its because theres no profit to be made.
if you happen to want a lot of the less common artis, then come on the forums, and ASK FOR THEM.
people sell them all the time at ridiculous prices, because they have THOUSANDS of them

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 am

honestly though asheron, you should be banned from making suggestions for game implementations. they have all been horrible so far, and there doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 am

Maybe not an item wanted post it note. But a Buying Market /ability to place orders would be a nice addition.

So instead of "Sell Artifact", you have "Buy Artifact"- same format & interface - and i guess to make it work you have to have at least 1 in cargo (ie to "select" which Arti you desire.. so not free-form text), time limit and confirm option all remain same as now.

Basically you place your Buying order, and then someone who is selling can either Fill to you if they like the price/want the credits now or ignore you and place it for sale at normal bidding time delayed & non-certain fill auction.

Perhaps a different tab.. Browse Orders to keep it clean and apart from the auctions.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:08 pm

DreDon wrote:
Maybe not an item wanted post it note. But a Buying Market /ability to place orders would be a nice addition.

So instead of "Sell Artifact", you have "Buy Artifact"- same format & interface - and i guess to make it work you have to have at least 1 in cargo (ie to "select" which Arti you desire.. so not free-form text), time limit and confirm option all remain same as now.

Basically you place your Buying order, and then someone who is selling can either Fill to you if they like the price/want the credits now or ignore you and place it for sale at normal bidding time delayed & non-certain fill auction.

Perhaps a different tab.. Browse Orders to keep it clean and apart from the auctions.

Sounds good, would it have a time out option so that the list didn't build up too much, a few days would be too little, but a week might work well for a time out period where the request would be deleted from the log.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 pm

I guess to make it easy(ier) to develop - you would just have the same timers as now for placing sell orders.. so 2, 12, 24hrs.
That would keep order numbers down, and maintain activity/logging in etc. But yes a week would be nice and long enough to allow time to get your orders filled.

I think this addition and you would have more of a 2 way open market, with greater price transparency. People will be able to see what their Arti's are worth without being distorted by the sometimes massive misprices seen on the GTC auction currently.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 pm

icarium81 wrote:
honestly though asheron, you should be banned from making suggestions for game implementations. they have all been horrible so far, and there doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

You didn't look deep enough to see how good the various suggestions have been. Everyone has a fair share of good and bad ideas.

Can I shoot pessimists in the battle tab?

But hey, ask for an item you want that's not being sold, and someone can get it to you with an offer.

(Doing it on the boards require extra steps; doing it in the GTC would be quicker, easier, more streamlined.) - Asheron

Daily missioner, NPC'er.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 am
Profile WWW

Asheron wrote:
icarium81 wrote:

You didn't look deep enough to see how good the various suggestions have been. Everyone has a fair share of good and bad ideas.

Can I shoot pessimists in the battle tab?

But hey, ask for an item you want that's not being sold, and someone can get it to you with an offer.

(Doing it on the boards require extra steps; doing it in the GTC would be quicker, easier, more streamlined.) - Asheron

Can you stay on topic on your own thread and stop talking like your some all knowing guru? Pretty please?

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

This already exists. There is a search box there and all you have to do after that is press the button that says 'lowest price'. Pay attention to the game, Ashy. You might learn something.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:23 pm
Profile WWW

Asheron wrote:
Specify item: blah blah blah

I can't tell if you're getting paid by the post, you're the greatest troller the world has ever seen, or you're someone not fueled by acceptance, but however you are, you have a number of ideas that aren't really appreciated by the masses. Instead of posting them in a public forum where they can and will be mocked by everyone, I think it would be best for you to send these directly to Dan for his personal review.

Your ideas get in front of the decision maker instead of all of us. Everyone wins.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 pm

lol, i can see dan blocking him almost immediately

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:36 pm

shhhhh.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

icarium81 wrote:

Honestly though icarium, you should be banned from the forums completely for being rude and keep your own opinions to yourself.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Practice makes perfect. I shall keep submitting suggestions ad infinitum until they're great enough to be appreciated by all.

Try harder, get the result eventually. Perseverance pays off. - Asheron

PS: Anyone who perseveres through school gets farther in life than those who quit earlier.

Daily missioner, NPC'er.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 am
Profile WWW

Asheron wrote:
PS: Anyone who perseveres through school gets farther in life than those who quit earlier.

You clearly are not learning from your mistakes. You clearly are not taking any advice from anyone here. You clearly are annoying the forum. You clearly need to take a long break from suggesting things on here.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 am
Profile WWW

Preliator Xzien wrote:
Asheron wrote:

You clearly are not learning from your mistakes. You clearly are not taking any advice from anyone here. You clearly are annoying the forum. You clearly need to take a long break from suggesting things on here.

Whoever is the "best" idea suggester on the forum - link their post-lists so I can know who to compare, evaluate, and learn from. Once I can see the differences, I may do what it takes to bridge the gap.

Okay, we got way off topic. Craigslist has a noticeboard, and doesn't ebay too? But seriously, a board right on the GTC saves a few mouseclicks and some bit of time than to go through a forum to make an item request. - Asheron

Daily missioner, NPC'er.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

Asheron wrote:
Preliator Xzien wrote:
Asheron wrote:

Whoever is the "best" idea suggester on the forum - link their post-lists so I can know who to compare, evaluate, and learn from. Once I can see the differences, I may do what it takes to bridge the gap.

Okay, we got way off topic. Craigslist has a noticeboard, and doesn't ebay too? But seriously, a board right on the GTC saves a few mouseclicks and some bit of time than to go through a forum to make an item request. - Asheron

you said you'd look at Spyder and try to improve on the pet peeves thread :roll:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile WWW

Asheron wrote:
Try harder, get the result eventually. Perseverance pays off. - Asheron

Did you really just quote yourself? Asheron, please listen and understand what I'm about to say. Please go away. No one here wants to see what you have to say. You're incapable of making a decent suggestion. Maybe, and I mean maybe, 1 out of 50 suggestions you post has any potential at all. You don't seem to understand that you're a nuisance for the most part. Not to mention how you're making your legion look while you're at it. To take a quote from the movie Billy Madison:

"Asheron, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next