View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 new contested celestial body 

Exotica is rather dull, people are getting the medal and dropping the defense. Can we get a new one?

It can be a big new project after legion mission chains.

A star with massive passives so it always is a hard invasion.

While guarding you need to complete tasks to not fall into it and get disabled and complete medals. For instance once an hour you have to do one of those matching tasks at the end of the daily rewards or disable some medicore NPC. Nothing energy intensive just something to make sure you are not just going offline. Maybe while guarding you have to find a new NPC for a medal. A new daily mission that you are only eligible when you guard the star.

Contain the sun spot or something
Rewards: TBD

maybe the tasks all lead to capturing the star and turning it into a dyson. In the event a legion does this the person controlling it keep the dyson it becomes invincible and a new star is placed in the galaxy (unocc) randomly within the next day and the fighting for it begins.

Legions can take the star while the dyson is being constructed and steal the work being done or they can damage the sphere.

This is not complete but feel free to expand, add criticize etc. If you are going to tear this apart please back it up with more than pver powered or some thing. No +1 / -1 either add a comment don't just bump it.

Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Need something we can invade more than once...

We have very few members who still need the king of the hill medal so we have been really really bored with Exotica.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wed May 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Tree7304 wrote:

We have very few members who still need the king of the hill medal so we have been really really bored with Exotica.

The bonus for owning that planet should be something everybody wants and that benefits the whole legion not just the player holding it.

Wed May 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Tree7304 wrote:

Could only invade the same star once, new star comes out you can invade it.

Fireblade225 wrote:

The bonus for owning that planet should be something everybody wants and that benefits the whole legion not just the player holding it.

Suppose the dyson could be a legion (as in EotS owns it not the person who invaded own it and the production would be split evenly with base shipments. It could use base modules so the production would be crazy high so that it would actually be worth it.

Wed May 01, 2013 6:02 pm

i would like us to have a second exotica planet. exactly like the old on . buffs the base drop. no medal! no nothing! just a plain simple planet with no reason to Ever let it go ever!

Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 pm

We just need a new contested planet, what form it ends up taking can be considered a minor detail at this point since we first need Dan to get on board with the whole thing :) . I like Wolfy's idea with maybe the specification that I'd personally like it to be either a hidden planet or a space entity of some kind that you invade/capture/etc and after a certain period of time it morphs into a randomly generated planet which the legion gets to keep or discard at will.I think that would really spice things up because you'd never know what you're fighting for...it might be a dyson or it might be a tiny barren and please no more one timers...ok the medals I get but the 1 time rule on a contested planet when that is the only one around isn't really lucrative...

Wed May 15, 2013 7:37 am

like the idea of a second exotica

not ok with the hourly requirement though.. ive got a live (shhh i do)

would LOVE to see it be a develop-able to own planet. colossal x20/20/20 i think.. only ever getting one of course. and for the love of god dan dont make it a GP requirement to do the mission to unlock the planets location.
give us a freebie ffs.
considering the amount some of us have already spent, and the fact that some CANT spend any, give us all a nice reward for free every now and again.

i would suggest it non be invincible.. but that could lead to abuse... maybe just not abandonable, or if it can be, it changes to a random 'exotic planet type' (aphotic, vorigar, ecumenopolis etc) that way no one can claim multi abuse.
for those of us who love to steal.. well :D

Wed May 15, 2013 11:34 pm

icarium81 wrote:
like the idea of a second exotica

not ok with the hourly requirement though.. ive got a live (shhh i do)

would LOVE to see it be a develop-able to own planet. colossal x20/20/20 i think.. only ever getting one of course. and for the love of god dan dont make it a GP requirement to do the mission to unlock the planets location.
give us a freebie ffs.
considering the amount some of us have already spent, and the fact that some CANT spend any, give us all a nice reward for free every now and again.

i would suggest it non be invincible.. but that could lead to abuse... maybe just not abandonable, or if it can be, it changes to a random 'exotic planet type' (aphotic, vorigar, ecumenopolis etc) that way no one can claim multi abuse.
for those of us who love to steal.. well :D

the hourly check was to bump offline people, it is a legion wide effort not an individual's. I don't like that 1-2 people can defend exotica alone. It should be 10+ people required to hold it imo.

I can't see how an invincible planet (at least if it is like the previous ones) can be abused.

As for a requirement the only one I want is to complete a mission and MAYBE a rank or some amount of medal points.

Thu May 16, 2013 12:31 am

Just putting this out there you can't invade, let alone occupy a star, its a star. Now secure the surrounding space of the star ok I get it makes perfect sense.

How about contested debris fields that occur every 3 days benefits to it should be but not limited to (open for full discussion) "Special artifacts" "planetary bonuses" For the whole legion. Mind you it will take a whole legion rather than 1 person to take a debris field. Could always increase the time frame from 3 days to 7 day's, (open to discussion).

Thu May 16, 2013 12:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]