View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Dark Smugglers Market 

Dark smugglers market.

once caelon has been defeated and the dark aparture key has been
obtained the mission continues.

the dark smugglers continue to show interest in you. knowing you can get the job done
they continue to assign you tasks. you will be rewarded greatly.

must wear the dark chassis to start mission.

50 rounds 250 e and acfs. one completion needed.

rewards with dark credit. (1)

to start another task the dark smuggler merchant must be found.
all task will be different. requiring different artifacts or specific disables of npcs.

find the dark smuggler merchant to access his shop.
this wont be so easy.

minimum scan of 3000 and 2500 cloak. must be wearing the dark smuggler chassis.
extremely rare npc. spaws for 72 hours. cannot be disabled.

as for what is available in the shop. someone can give me ideas. maybe top of the line thrusters, rare artifacts/planet structures.

everything cost 1 dark credit.

just a small idea. feedback would be nice.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Necrokristo wrote:
as for what is available in the shop. someone can give me ideas. maybe top of the line thrusters, rare artifacts/planet structures.

Enemy Artifact: Smuggler's Ale. Removes your ship from all alerts on the targeted ship's log.
Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Cove. Size 1, mining +5%, cloak +7%
Ship Artifact: Smuggler's Locker. Size 20, cloak 20, cargo 100. If this item is already installed on your ship, it will instead upgrade its stats by 50%, up to 2000%.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:13 am

Interesting idea, so basically its an NPC that you don't kill, but rather you buy things from it and its even less common than the hybrid larva.

I like it, +1

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:18 pm

i like the artifact ideas. once fully upgraded it can give a nice passive ability?

it would require tons of npcing to access the shop.
we need another hard to find npc.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:57 pm

+1, good idea, though a bit short on details.
Do you get one Dark Credit each time you complete the mission? If so, 12500 energy and 50 ACF's seems like a steep price to pay for 1 Credit, given how many you might need.

I would suggest adding an Extremely Rare NPC (in addition to or instead of the mission) that drops those points, similar to the way Assassins drop Dark Badges, only far less common.

My suggestion:

Dark Hyper-Runner.
Rank Matched.
Rare. (About as rare as your standard Legion Mission NPC)
Shield (Rank*32)
Hull (R*125)
Enemy Type Matched.
Attack (R*7)
Defense (R*18)

Also, i dont think everything should cost 1 Credit each.
Here is my suggestion to items form the market:
Including the ones from ICBLF.
Enemy Artifact: Smuggler's Ale. Removes your ship from all alerts on the targeted ship's log. (2 Dark Credits)
Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Cove. Size 1, mining +5%, cloak +7%. (3 DC)
Ship Artifact: Smuggler's locker. Size 20, cloak 20, cargo 100. If this item is already installed on your ship, it will instead upgrade its stats by 50%, up to 2000%. (1 DC)

Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Fort: Size 1, all resources: +1, +10% attack & Defense, or 15% defense. (2 DC)
Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Den: Size 1, Artifact +3, mining +1, or Artifact +1, research +3%. Pop +800. Limit, 2 per planet. (2 DC)
Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Lock-up: Size 3, all resources +1, + 3000 storage of choice (min/art/res). 2 per planet. (3 DC)

Ship Artifact: Smuggler's Negator Cannon: Size: 21, attack +140, Shield +180, limit 2 per ship. Passive Ability: Chance to negate an offensive trap in PVP combat. (6 DC) (10% chance with 1 installed, 20% chance with both?)
Ship Artifact: Smuggler's Structural enhancer: Size: 26, Defense +220, Hull +425. 2 per ship. Active Ability, Enhanced Structure. Adds +5% shield and hull. 400 energy, 18H cooldown, lasts 2 hours. (6 DC)
Ship Artifact: Smuggler's Evasion Network: Size: 14, Scan +180, Cloak +140, limit, 3 per ship. (3 DC)

Those are some of my suggestions.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Sereomontis wrote:
Do you get one Dark Credit each time you complete the mission? If so, 12500 energy and 50 ACF's seems like a steep price to pay for 1 Credit, given how many you might need.

My understanding is that it would take 12500 energy and 50 foci to finish the mission; you only have to do it once. You get dark credits from the npc's.

And by the way, +1.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:18 am

Plagueis wrote:
Sereomontis wrote:

My understanding is that it would take 12500 energy and 50 foci to finish the mission; you only have to do it once. You get dark credits from the npc's.

And by the way, +1.

Just read through it a bit more thoroughly, and it looks like you are given a task when you find the Dark Smuggler Merchant, and the completion of said task gives you 1 Dark Credit.
Seems slow when the thing is rarer than the Caelon or the Larvae. I mean, people who are lucky, and NPC a lot, can find those in a couple of weeks. For most, it takes months. UNless of course you can get more than one task each time you find it.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:34 am

+1

(Enter something about why I like this idea- but I'm to lazy atm)

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Sereomontis wrote:

I would suggest adding an Extremely Rare NPC (in addition to or instead of the mission) that drops those points, similar to the way Assassins drop Dark Badges, only far less common.

My suggestion:

Dark Hyper-Runner.
Rank Matched.
Rare. (About as rare as your standard Legion Mission NPC)
Shield (Rank*32)
Hull (R*125)
Enemy Type Matched.
Attack (R*7)
Defense (R*18)

Also, i dont think everything should cost 1 Credit each.
Here is my suggestion to items form the market:
Including the ones from ICBLF.
Enemy Artifact: Smuggler's Ale. Removes your ship from all alerts on the targeted ship's log. (2 Dark Credits)
Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Cove. Size 1, mining +5%, cloak +7%. (3 DC)
Ship Artifact: Smuggler's locker. Size 20, cloak 20, cargo 100. If this item is already installed on your ship, it will instead upgrade its stats by 50%, up to 2000%. (1 DC)

Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Fort: Size 1, all resources: +1, +10% attack & Defense, or 15% defense. (2 DC)
Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Den: Size 1, Artifact +3, mining +1, or Artifact +1, research +3%. Pop +800. Limit, 2 per planet. (2 DC)
Planet Artifact: Smuggler's Lock-up: Size 3, all resources +1, + 3000 storage of choice (min/art/res). 2 per planet. (3 DC)

Ship Artifact: Smuggler's Negator Cannon: Size: 21, attack +140, Shield +180, limit 2 per ship. Passive Ability: Chance to negate an offensive trap in PVP combat. (6 DC) (10% chance with 1 installed, 20% chance with both?)
Ship Artifact: Smuggler's Structural enhancer: Size: 26, Defense +220, Hull +425. 2 per ship. Active Ability, Enhanced Structure. Adds +5% shield and hull. 400 energy, 18H cooldown, lasts 2 hours. (6 DC)
Ship Artifact: Smuggler's Evasion Network: Size: 14, Scan +180, Cloak +140, limit, 3 per ship. (3 DC)

Those are some of my suggestions.

i like this idea. first mission can be the ACFs at 12500 e.
then hunt down ER npcs to gain dark credits.

it would be nice to have both an offensive and/or passive ability. similar to
dark smuggler npcs.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Could add a Dark Smuggler Ally to the List that Upgrades with Dark Credits, and once fully upgrades lets you SUMMON a Dark Smuggler Ship to purchase from

Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 pm
Profile YIM

Necrokristo wrote:
50 rounds 250 e and ship-bots. one completion needed.

rewards with dark credit. (1)

Bam. +1'd

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]