View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:43 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Next Project 

Webguydan's To-Do List?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points 25%  25%  [ 51 ]
Offensive Action Counter Display 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Legion vs Legion War Mode 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Damage Cap Rebalancing 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Click Reduction 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Homeworlds 26%  26%  [ 53 ]
NPCs 21%  21%  [ 44 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 205

 Next Project 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 233
Post Next Project
Per the Coming Soon post, new legion missions will be released in the next week or so and the annual Q-Pedd event follows that. My question to all you guys is: What do you feel Webguydan should work on next? I've collected some of the more popular ideas for your consideration. I'm including an "Other" option as well, in case I missed something. If you choose that, please post a link below, it may get added to the options.


PS. Only Mods can make polls, so don't bother trying.

_________________
Forum Rules


Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:42 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 2810
Location: UK
Post Re: Next Project
I chose other, because it seems to be overlooked once again, despite many more threads having been devoted to the idea, far more than war modes, or pvp rebalancing or this pvp arena.

New NPC's.

I don't just mean NPC's for Seasonal's either.

I'm talking fully fleshed out new NPC's, that are there all the time.... Common/UnCommon/Rare/Ex.Rare/Base... A New Race of NPC's, maybe even 2 or 3 new Race's of NPC's.


Last edited by kirkeastment on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:27 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:41 am
Posts: 1069
Post Re: Next Project
kirkeastment wrote:
I chose other, because it seems to be overlooked once again, despite many more threads having been devoted to the idea, far more than war modes, or pvp rebalancing.

New NPC's.

I don't just mean NPC's for Seasonal's either.

I'm talking fully fleshed out new NPC's, that are there all the time.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 233
Post Re: Next Project
Thank you. Adding NPC as an actual option.

_________________
Forum Rules


Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:48 pm
Posts: 2251
Post Re: Next Project
It was hard to choose. Between Multiple Artifacts being used at once and NPCs.

I think the constant tedious clicking would be more of a (future) concern for me.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:14 am
Posts: 541
Post Re: Next Project
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points
I think this is invaluable, but it also should take such minimal time investment to code that it feels like a waste of a vote. So long as its got built in protection so that people cant do that browser trick rubbish to dupe thousands of rank points at a time.
Offensive Action Counter Display
Rather than invaluable, this just seems "handy". Its inclusion wouldn't drastically improve the game other than give a small amount of bonus information for people on big PVP runs.
Legion vs Legion War Mode
Now we get to stuff that makes a REAL difference in the game. This could outright breath life back into pvp, IF implemented correctly.However, Untill the problem of high level ship combat is solved, i think should not yet be done
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena
Same reasoning as above. I would love it, but until PVP combat has improved, should be avoided. Of the two i prefer legion wars simply because it encourages more interaction for teams. Though i would LOVE to have an arena ranking system!!
Damage Cap Rebalancing
Needs to be destroyed in fire. Now, if this instead said Rebalancing ship combat in general, I would be totaly behind it. High level ships have multiple problems in combat, the primary one being utterly invincible against any number of attackers when online. Numerous suggestions for fixing have been offered - changing damage cap should NOT be one of them. Great way to mess up NPCing and Basing in one simple step otherwise.
Click Reduction
If connected to above problem, great. Mergers with multiple artifact usage somewhat
Homeworlds
We had a massive thread on this a while ago, where we talked about awesome things like entire empire effecting percentages, research, screens, and other gamechanging, amazing, things that made your game more unique. If its like that, my vote a million times over. If its just a bonus starting planet with decent stats for noobs, not as exciting
NPCs
Also a good option, though i think it should be a constant, small update style rather than one big update and forget. The new npc's that have targetable parts are fantastic. Limit each person to one part for big legion ships, and watch teamwork boom
Other
Here i would mention a better critical hit system and possibly more advantages to cloak. And a bunch of other stuff , but thats the first thing that comes to mind.

Well, thats my rundown. Hoping for an inclusive, empire effecting homeworld system myself, one where you get to choose your politics, empire focus, cultural research, all sorts of fun stuff.

_________________
Co-leader of Lords of Infinity
Awesome ships, Awesome base, All breakthroughs. Join us today!
Image
Image


Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Posts: 2177
Post Re: Next Project
A few great options here. I would love a way to use my thousands of arti's and rank points that didn't require me clicking for hours on end but at the same time that should be very easy to do so why really vote on it when its less then a day of coding. At least as far as I can see I've done very little coding so I could be wrong on that. :P

Next was the war mode. I would love to see a war mode come to the game. However if it did come I do hope that Dan reads up on what we really want in it and then makes changes around that while still keeping many of our own ideas in it.

Now for the one I voted on. NPC's! I would love love love a new race of NPC's to come out. Like what Kirk said with the whole common, uncommon, rare, and ext. rare. With base's as well even. Or even a new aspect of the NPC's like my old idea you can find here. http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25423 I'm not saying it has to be my idea but would like to see it in and I know there where more then a few that liked it back when I first suggested it.

_________________
Image
Please check out my path guide:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30938
Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.


Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:51 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Outer Limits
Post Re: Next Project
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points 27% 27% [ 6 ]
Offensive Action Counter Display 0% 0% [ 0 ]
Legion vs Legion War Mode 9% 9% [ 2 ]
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena 5% 5% [ 1 ]
Damage Cap Rebalancing 9% 9% [ 2 ]
Click Reduction 0% 0% [ 0 ]
Homeworlds 18% 18% [ 4 ]
NPCs 32% 32% [ 7 ] x
Other 0% 0% [ 0 ]

I voted for NPC. It would be great to see some new stuff added to the artifacts gained from them.

Now for the things I couldn't vote for because we only got one choice. lol. I don't know what homeworlds are, but that has my interest. I like how it sounds--that is my native planet right? Cool! if that is so.

Multiple arti and rank points. At this time not necessary for me, but it will be, and there are a LOT of higher ups that get insane amounts of rescued prisoners that don't even bother clicking on them because it would take 1/2 the day. hmmm, maybe instead a share option for them so the ones with too many can share with me........... :lol:

Everyone else in this thread thus far has some great ideas. I vote yes to all.

_________________
All about that base


Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:16 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm
Posts: 181
Post Re: Next Project
Just my two cents worth:

1. Click reduction!!! This has been on everyone's wish list forever. Both for battles and for artifact/rank point usage. This one is too important not to vote for. The problem is which to vote for...LOL The split counts between the two categories could make this seem less important. Why do they have to be separate?

2. Damage Cap Rebalancing: I've always thought the decks-based damage cap system as implemented was a bad idea as you have to start small and stay small if you want to take advantage of it, so I would be in favor of doing away with the decks-based system entirely. Maybe a pure-rank based system for setting the caps. Or if you wanted to keep the decks based damage cap, there should be a way added to reduce your number of decks to allow older ships to rebuild without having to reset and start all over if there was a interest in it. When a ship reaches a particular stage in it's strength based on crew, it might not care about those guns, hull, shields, or energy modules it bought way back when anymore as artifact production might have marginalized those. Then you might want to get rid of the unnecessary researched modules and get rid of the unnecessary decks. Maybe convert the ship-bot into an artifact that can either add or subtract a deck since ship-bots become useless after awhile otherwise anyway.

3. NPCs: Yes to new NPCs! Maybe a rare NPC that drops an artifiact booster like planet data optimizers. I've always felt that was overlooked. Terraformers are nice, but limited to boosting all resources. There's no way (other than crystals or Taltherian ability) to boost artifact production on a planet that's maxed on some other resource like research or mining. Other resources can be "singly boosted" by an ability AND an NPC, but not artifacts (except for the Scruuge seasonal event and that's limited to 5x). On an associated note, I liked some of the ideas introduced in the Scruuge seasonal event with the multiple targets on some elites. It added more variety (as soon as everyone figured out what was going on so some warning on new NPC abilities might also be useful). Lastly, not all new high level NPCs should be immune to improved mind influence. That kind of does away with any benefit given to the Genetarr race beyond Grivvs.

4. Offensive Action Counter Display, Legion vs Legion War Modes, 1 on 1 PVP Arena and the whole Homeworlds thread: No serious interest in any of them on my part (other than the idea of being able to have more invincible planets available somehow).

5. Other ideas:

a. Just STOP all the annoying 250 or 500 energy requirements to use all the newer stuff you're introducing. Things like the Cosmic Rail Gun and CK69 are just annoying. You spend so much energy earning the badges and they have to use 500 energy just to install every single little bump. Then a Bainar ability that costs 500 energy, has a 40 hour cool down and gives you a non-extractable planet item you may not want? Not one of the better ideas! At least make it movable so you can put a mining arti on a mining planet and so forth so you haven't just wasted 500 energy and 2 days if you get something you don't want. Things seem to be costing a lot more for a smaller return as we get new features added and I'm sure most folks would prefer it if the return was commensurate with the investment.

b. Add some new ways to use research that counts for the Genius medal. If you're in a legion with a maxed CT lab and have finished all your research, you're just stuck unless you want to change legions. Maybe a new level of base research required to build new items for a level 9 base or some new CT lab items? I generally prefer the former since I think the Genius medal should be achievable just through research invested in the research tree and not dependent on the status of a legion's CT lab.


Last edited by PurFikshun on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm
Posts: 181
Post Re: Next Project
Some other off the cuff thoughts more under the other category - specifically planet management. It would be wonderfully useful if there were better ways to do planet management. For instance, export a standard format dump (csv maybe) of all the planets on your scan with all their stats and modules so you could review them in a spreadsheet, database, or whatever tool . Add a way to flux probe all your occupied planets (or a selected or filtered list of them) and get a report with the status of each planet. Be able to use planet artifacts like traps, ion repulsors, etc., on a selected or filtered list of planets in one go. The current one-by-one planet review and artifact application method is horribly time consuming.


Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:54 am
Posts: 988
Post Re: Next Project
Golgotha wrote:
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points
I think this is invaluable, but it also should take such minimal time investment to code that it feels like a waste of a vote. So long as its got built in protection so that people cant do that browser trick rubbish to dupe thousands of rank points at a time.
Offensive Action Counter Display
Rather than invaluable, this just seems "handy". Its inclusion wouldn't drastically improve the game other than give a small amount of bonus information for people on big PVP runs.
Legion vs Legion War Mode
Now we get to stuff that makes a REAL difference in the game. This could outright breath life back into pvp, IF implemented correctly.However, Untill the problem of high level ship combat is solved, i think should not yet be done
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena
Same reasoning as above. I would love it, but until PVP combat has improved, should be avoided. Of the two i prefer legion wars simply because it encourages more interaction for teams. Though i would LOVE to have an arena ranking system!!
Damage Cap Rebalancing
Needs to be destroyed in fire. Now, if this instead said Rebalancing ship combat in general, I would be totaly behind it. High level ships have multiple problems in combat, the primary one being utterly invincible against any number of attackers when online. Numerous suggestions for fixing have been offered - changing damage cap should NOT be one of them. Great way to mess up NPCing and Basing in one simple step otherwise.
Click Reduction
If connected to above problem, great. Mergers with multiple artifact usage somewhat
Homeworlds
We had a massive thread on this a while ago, where we talked about awesome things like entire empire effecting percentages, research, screens, and other gamechanging, amazing, things that made your game more unique. If its like that, my vote a million times over. If its just a bonus starting planet with decent stats for noobs, not as exciting
NPCs
Also a good option, though i think it should be a constant, small update style rather than one big update and forget. The new npc's that have targetable parts are fantastic. Limit each person to one part for big legion ships, and watch teamwork boom
Other
Here i would mention a better critical hit system and possibly more advantages to cloak. And a bunch of other stuff , but thats the first thing that comes to mind.

Well, thats my rundown. Hoping for an inclusive, empire effecting homeworld system myself, one where you get to choose your politics, empire focus, cultural research, all sorts of fun stuff.
I still haven't voted, but I couldn't agree more with this. So I'll just quote it and save my fingers the wear and tear.

PvP definitely needs to be rebalanced. There's a reason low-ranks are regularly advised to get as many of their PvP/red badge items out of the way ASAP, even if they can't fit 'em on their ship yet... but "damage cap rebalancing" sounds kinda ominous.


Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1525
Post Re: Next Project
Anyway to put the poll in the game instead of the board? Several don't come here. So you getting majority from regular board community

_________________
Image

- you will see how the best build their planets and you will learn how to squeeze so much production from your planets that people will insist you must be cheating.

- EoTs Recruitment


Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Posts: 2177
Post Re: Next Project
Chakotay wrote:
Anyway to put the poll in the game instead of the board? Several don't come here. So you getting majority from regular board community


Oh this would be a good update for the game as well. I know we have had a poll in the game before from a mission so why not have Dan do this for new ideas if he wants help on deciding what to do next. This would also make the forums more active which would make daily playing in the game more active if worded right in the poll in the game. Good idea Chokotay. :D

_________________
Image
Please check out my path guide:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30938
Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.


Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:12 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 2810
Location: UK
Post Re: Next Project
Chakotay wrote:
Anyway to put the poll in the game instead of the board? Several don't come here. So you getting majority from regular board community


I gotta disagree, and it might sound bad of me to say this, but here goes;

I'd rather poll the thoughts of players who actually know what they're talking about, rather than get a poll result from 85% of the game who don't know what they're doing in-game. I know that there are those who don't frequent the forum who do know what they're talking about, but those are very few and far between, and probably learned most of their stuff from someone who does frequent the forums.

I'd rather see it mentioned in-game on the News page, telling people to vote on the forums. That way, those who actually want to focus the game towards new content/idea's realize there is a place to do so.


Last edited by kirkeastment on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 462
Post Re: Next Project
I want home world to be more plabets added

_________________
Image
Image
Signature created by Necromancer


Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm
Posts: 181
Post Re: Next Project
kirkeastment wrote:
Chakotay wrote:
Anyway to put the poll in the game instead of the board? Several don't come here. So you getting majority from regular board community


I gotta disagree, and it might sound bad of me to say this, but here goes;

I'd rather poll the thoughts of players who actually know what they're talking about, rather than get a poll result from 85% of the game who don't know what they're doing in-game. I know that there are those who don't frequent the forum who do know what they're talking about, but those are very few and far between, and probably learned most of their stuff from someone who does frequent the forums.

I'd rather see it mentioned in-game on the News page, telling people to vote on the forums. That way, those who actually want to focus the game towards new content/idea's realize there is a place to do so.


To even know what some of the poll ideas represent (like Homeworlds), you have to actually read the forum thread on the topic anyway.


Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:19 am
Posts: 852
Post Re: Next Project
want to vote for 2 but you only allowed 1 so my other vote would also be.
is the first 1 allowing us to have a use multiple artifacts at the same time of the same artifact like allien data disc's lol instead of 1,000 clicks can be 1 click lol


Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:08 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: Next Project
See this is a tough one. NPCs are big for the regular higher level players. I want more of that. However, the select all use multiple points item will reduce some of the player fatigue. I want that too but it would have little impact on lower ranks.


Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:18 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Florida, USA
Post Re: Next Project
I voted for Click Reduction since Dan won't fund carpal tunnel treatment. ;)

In order of priority based on the poll options, here is what I want:

1. Click Reduction
2. Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points - Isn't this an easy one to complete?
3. NPCs
4.
PurFikshun wrote:
Some other off the cuff thoughts more under the other category - specifically planet management. It would be wonderfully useful if there were better ways to do planet management. For instance, export a standard format dump (csv maybe) of all the planets on your scan with all their stats and modules so you could review them in a spreadsheet, database, or whatever tool . Add a way to flux probe all your occupied planets (or a selected or filtered list of them) and get a report with the status of each planet. Be able to use planet artifacts like traps, ion repulsors, etc., on a selected or filtered list of planets in one go. The current one-by-one planet review and artifact application method is horribly time consuming.

5. Re-work PVP

_________________
Member of Imminent Cataclysm


Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:56 pm
Posts: 381
Post Re: Next Project
what would be harder to implement use multiple artifacts/rank points or adding in well thought out npcs?


Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: