View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Next Project 

Webguydan's To-Do List?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points 25%  25%  [ 51 ]
Offensive Action Counter Display 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Legion vs Legion War Mode 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Damage Cap Rebalancing 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Click Reduction 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Homeworlds 26%  26%  [ 53 ]
NPCs 21%  21%  [ 44 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 205

Next Project 

S.Hawking wrote:
ODragon wrote:
mojo311 wrote:
inc gives all but prisoners.

inc gives me 43 artifacts

Are Rescued Prisoners one of them? ;)

Up to 45 artifacts now and no, they are not one of them.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 pm

ODragon wrote:
mojo311 wrote:

Try "int" instead and you're welcome. :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

Annabell wrote:
ODragon wrote:
mojo311 wrote:

Try "int" instead and you're welcome. :mrgreen:

For what? I still get over 20 artifacts and at least with INC, 4 of the prominent ones are close together. INT puts other stuff in between them.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Vote cast for other: NPC scrolling.

Having to scroll for the last two NPC slots has been proposed many times before but just throwing my two cents in. New NPC's spawning at the top of the list rather than the bottom would be nice but is nowhere near as important as the scrolling.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 pm

So I guess that at the moment "Use multiple artifacts" is winning, as it would also get the votes from "Click Reduction"
Second place Homeworlds (Whatever that may end up as) and close third Npc's.

Or do people see Use multiple artifacts and click reduction as completely separate things?

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:54 am

mojo311 wrote:
I think that this could be a good idea if it does what you are hoping it does. It would make me feel better if Dan actually posted here telling us something or anything at all.

Can you blame him for not posting? No matter what he says, he gets grief about it. :roll:

I voted for damage cap rebalancing. I'd like to see a war-mode, but that can't happen until online-invincibility is fixed. Negron or someone posted 1M hull a couple months back or so. Let's take 500k for argument's sake. A reasonable figure for the upper echelon of players (or soon will be). Assume 7000 decks. That's a capshots-to-kill number of 143 (715 E) and seriously, who caps on anybody? You could be drooling on your alt key in a semi-vegetative state and manage to stay alive. Not to mention, 143 shots basically guarantees you'd have to repair just from the 6% Gemini proc rate. I give props to Golgotha for building a great ship, but even he admits that no one should be invincible.

I'd also like to see a use# function, but I'd rather no hear any more requests for it. You can mindlessly click NPCs for hours on end, but 2 minutes of artifact/rankpoint use aggravates your carpal tunnel? Ok. :?

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:11 am
Profile WWW

I know we tend to argue in circles around each other Darth, but I think we agree about the need for change, just not the means of it.

I Totally, Utterly, and INCREDIBLY agree that high level PVP action needs to be changed, drastically. And not just changed, but playtested like mad by a large group of pvp specalists on a closed server before it goes live, because it could make or break the game for most of us high levels. My very first post in this thread mentions this need three times. I consider it that important.

I have been making assorted suggestions to help balance high level pvp for a really long time. Some good, some not. I honestly do not think that changing the damage caps is a good way to do this. It just underpins too much of the npc, base, and ship build systems.

I simply think that there needs to be ways to bypass it (via crits, artifacts, modules, whatever) affect it (once i even suggested that emp's have an added affect of raising the damage cap on an enemy ship) or multiply it (The classic "multishot button" but with added artifact usage to make things interesting)

A ship module that does % of their hull on attack is NOT an option, or hull becomes meaningless. A limited artifact, a cooldown function, whatever, is fine, but not as part of the standard click click click percentage.

Otherwise I think things will break down.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:01 am

ODragon wrote:
For what? I still get over 20 artifacts and at least with INC, 4 of the prominent ones are close together. INT puts other stuff in between them.

Odd, "int" is less than half the size of "inc" for me (23 versus 51) and the four of note (Androids, Brackets, and Cells) are all in a single grouping at the start of the first page.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:25 am
Profile WWW

HomeWorlds. Not given to you randomly like a default planet or something. chosen out of your own planet lirt.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 pm

wow i am surprised that homeworlds is winning this but again if dan does it i can make a bet there will be a huge crowd of high ranks who voted for something else will all complain about they want new npcs i know for a fact i want new npcs as i am getting low on stryll seekers so hmmm how many people are getting low as well.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:33 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
pokerman123 wrote:
wow i am surprised that homeworlds is winning this but again if dan does it i can make a bet there will be a huge crowd of high ranks who voted for something else will all complain about they want new npcs i know for a fact i want new npcs as i am getting low on stryll seekers so hmmm how many people are getting low as well.

That's assuming Dan even cares to implement the results of this poll. He had nothing to do with in the first place. We're all here just voting on stuff we'd like to see.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:58 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
pokerman123 wrote:

That's assuming Dan even cares to implement the results of this poll. He had nothing to do with in the first place. We're all here just voting on stuff we'd like to see.

He could implement Free Dyson Tuesdays and people would still complain.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:03 am
Profile WWW

Annabell wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:
pokerman123 wrote:

but i wanted an artie dyson and all i got was a 80xMR mining 30xMR art 80xMR reasearch one

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:40 am

Annabell wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:
pokerman123 wrote:

I wouldn't complain. :D

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

I don't think you are giving them a fair shake here, I think we need to TRY the free Dyson Tuseday's before we can say its a bust.... keep it stable say everyone gets a x50 all dyson and see who complains.... you know for game research.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:34 pm

draxsiss wrote:
I don't think you are giving them a fair shake here, I think we need to TRY the free Dyson Tuseday's before we can say its a bust.... keep it stable say everyone gets a x50 all dyson and see who complains.... you know for game research.

Yup. And you can take it away after the research is over, or more than 10 players complaint. I WOULDN'T complaint.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:06 am
Profile WWW

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
So.... The players have spoken: Homeworlds it is. What timeline should I expect to see this implemented in? I need to plan my GP, credits, etc accordingly.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 pm

I would argue that click reduction (since a use all button is also click reduction) won by a huge margin with homeworlds in second place, Thankfully a use all botton SHOULD be an easy fix.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:09 pm

draxsiss wrote:
I would argue that click reduction (since a use all button is also click reduction) won by a huge margin with homeworlds in second place, Thankfully a use all botton SHOULD be an easy fix.

Well, 53 is greater than 26 last time I checked, but OK - let's do click reduction. We can expect to see something by................ *crickets chirping*.........................?

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:42 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

Well, 53 is greater than 26 last time I checked, but OK - let's do click reduction. We can expect to see something by................ *crickets chirping*.........................?

apperently Draxsiss is assumeing the multi use of rank points/Artifacts can be combined with click reduction (which Normally refers to NPCing and attacking in general), however as untill the poll closes soemthing could take the lead from homeworlds, which got my vote.

First is to close the poll before we ask how soon. Homeworlds seems more like a new chain and item set while click reduction seems more coding and rework codes.
either way even if the input is mostly ignored from here its still nice to have been asked.

PS: yes a Pre-View of Gp items ahead of time would be nice for those on a budget

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next