View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Next Project 

Webguydan's To-Do List?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points 25%  25%  [ 51 ]
Offensive Action Counter Display 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Legion vs Legion War Mode 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Damage Cap Rebalancing 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Click Reduction 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Homeworlds 26%  26%  [ 53 ]
NPCs 21%  21%  [ 44 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 205

Next Project 

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
So, this is nice thread. My question is whether Dan is on-board with this, or are we all just wishful thinking?

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm

Noirpa wrote:
I really would like to see some new base drops and new research tiers (I know Dan has said that he will not be making new research tiers but I find little logic in that ( do our scientist say well that is all there is to research we are done?!?)). There have been a few good suggestion about new research tiers that I think it should be one of the choices.

i am not a fan of any more tiers for ship mods, but another tier for planets and bases would be dandy.

i am thinking that with new legion missions on the doorstep ... these new tiers might be unlocked as legion mission task completion rewards.

planet tree - additional attack defense and population structures (10M research points ?)

base tree - unlock new base ability that allows legion to generate a boss Bralkir npc that requires 50% of the legion to hit it before any drops are awarded for its kill - cooldown is one week ... cost 50 AP ... minimum 25 legion members (150M research points)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:25 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i am not a fan of any more tiers for ship mods, but another tier for planets and bases would be dandy.

I think the best spot for a new research tier would be base research. It wouldn't have to be complicated. Just a new tier with high enough requirements to allow folks to finish the Genius medal through the research tree. The reward could simply be a higher level of base module (since they currently cap out at the +110s that you can equip on a level 6). Or a new legion-type of NPC like Senatorhung suggested -- although that mechanism would be more difficult to implement than a new type of base module idea.

Research tree areas that definitely shouldn't be be enhanced (in my opinion) include defense, planet structures and weapons. For both defense and planet structures, there are one time use items that most higher ranks have already used on the top of the current line defense or planet structures. For weapons, Foundry of War has cause many people to invest havoc coils in upgrading top of the line weapons. So additions to those trees would be painful to most. I also think most people would be happy to have the slow trend towards increasing scan stop (there is, after all, a limit on how much you can cloak your planets and still get production out of them).

Hull, shields, and energy are potential areas where the research tree could be expanded, but I doubt most people would be overly interested in them. At higher levels you depend more and more on your artifact-based enhancements in these areas rather than on the researched modules. Some ships even stop growing and eventually throw away these researched modules in favor of modules from other research trees or NPC drops when their artifact based enhancements contribute significantly more than the researched modules do.

Cloak is a big question mark for me. I'm not sure one way or the other whether there is any interest in another level of cloak research other than a possible new higher strength planet cloaking structure. Overall, I think that the base research tree has the best potential for an easy and useful enhancement.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 am

As has been said, to be honest most (if not all) of these should be on the "Very Soon" To-Do List and not some long-term goal. Here are my thoughts on each and then on some other things.

Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points
- This should have been done a very long time ago. We can already scrap multiple artifacts at the same time and use multiple amounts of energy when donating to the base, so the mechanisms are already there. Simply clicking five artifacts (two androids, durt bras, xcharge, and RPs ... some of us don't bother with cargo anymore) is not the point of the game, but because some of us get so many each day we spend a good chunk of time clicking especially if there is lag. I've broken 110k ap/hr, so I get many many artifacts each day, but many times during the work day I don't have the chance to actually sit and use them (I set the timer in my lab and usually collect when something centrifuging, then run back to get them out and keep working). If I don't use them all when I get home, then that means the next day there's just more to click ... eventually it actually becomes discouraging because I know if I spend the time clicking it's going to be all I do for that day and I don't have much time during the semesters as it is. I also know that I'm not the only one (I was simply given a real world example). There is absolutely no reason for this not to have been in the game as soon as scraping multiple artifacts came in and it's a quick edit. The math a computer would need to do to figure out what 1 android adds vs what 100 androids add (even with defense bonus %) is something a simple calculator can do, so it's not going to tax the system.

Offensive Action Counter Display
- This also should have been done since we have counters for offensive actions that can be done TO other players. I don't understand why using two flares to ensure a successful hack and then successfully hacking is counted as three offensive actions (or two or whatever it is), but after a while I lose count. Also, it doesn't reset all at once, so if you don't spam from 0-Too Many in one sitting you're not going to know how many more you have at a specific time. This needs to be in and to be honest what constitutes an offensive action (perhaps minor and major offensive actions) should be implemented.

Legion vs Legion War Mode
- This is something that might take a little more time, but the mechanics are already there except for perhaps one ... Base vs Base. In LvL, players can fight other players and we already have Planet Flags (which I suggested and got implemented a while ago). So, it wouldn't be hard to say "This legion declares war on this legion ... all players from the targeted legion have a blue flag on them, while all attacking players have a red flag from the attacking legion (from the view of the legion being attacked). Any time you disable an opponent with a flag, your legion gets +1 point for the kill and any time you successfully hack your legion gets +1 point for 'information' (two separate point systems). Conquest badges are then distributed to the winning legion (perhaps some consolation badges to the losing legion) with crates being given to the winning legion (just like disabling a base). Also during the war, the bases will actively fight each other. Since they are not run by a player and are more like NPCs, they will fight at a given rate for the duration of the war (perhaps one week). During that week, each base will launch attacks at the other until one is disabled. Abilities can be used by both bases by the players just as when fighting a base normally, but the players cannot attack the other base (players may only defend their base, the bases themselves fight each other). In this way, the stronger base should prevail (although there is still the potential for luck/bad RNG), but players can defend their base as well.

1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena
- This is what PvP should have been all along, but with one major change ... players cannot repair during the battle. In 1 on 1, it should be the ships battling it out and not "I have more Kris than you do Nulls" or "I have more repairers than you do energy" etc. So, in 1 on 1, the ships battle until one is disabled and that's it. There should, however, be a slight change in that one shot shouldn't be a "battle" and if it is, then there should be many battles and not just click, click, repeat ad nauseum. Some of us in the higher ranks have more hull and shield than some bases and many of us have higher attack and defense than bases. As such, even though damage cap is higher, it takes a decent amount of clicks. Certainly not near the level of bases, but the point is that if both people have to be on to click multiple times, it's going to be a stalemate. When battling for PvP it should go on until one ship is disabled with a single click. While that reduces the amount of clicks needed, it also prevents some of the issues we currently have. Team PvP Arena would be good, but it would need a safeguard in case a player just walks away ... that cannot become a way to effectively stall the battle, so if a player is away for x amount of seconds, then the computer must take over their ship to ensure the battle will eventually successfully complete. This would greatly increase the PvP side of the game, but it also means people could "opt out" of PvP, which many of us want to do. I do not know many MMO games these days that -force- every single player to be involved in PvP without choice. If you don't want to PvP you don't have to, but you also don't get any of the rewards (which should be worth it both in and out of PvP), so simply opting out isn't the easiest choice.

Damage Cap Rebalancing
- I'm not sure damage cap rebalancing is a necessary issue, but I do feel that there should be something for attackers akin to the gemini cannons for defenders. This is more for the higher ranks when there is so much hull and shield a krionite torpedo is, many times, a finger saver. The Gemini Cannons don't activate all the time, they don't do a one-shot, but they take away a percentage of hull/shield that can break damage cap. This is the only rebalancing I can see for damage cap. Even though SSBs have a much lower damage cap, most of them are tin cans because they cannot fit modules and most don't have the AP/hr to support high stats. Golgatha and Sharnhorst are the only two SSBs that I've seen that I think represent a strong build, but I've taken both down and it didn't seem to require a significantly higher amount of effort when compared to some of the higher ranks that were simply "Everything on the ship". That's not a knock against Golg and Sharn, they're both great, it's saying that I don't personally see where damage cap -needs- rebalancing.

Click Reduction
- YES ... a million times over yes. Personally, I like playing this game. It's fun, perhaps aesthetically not the most perfect, but it's still really fun, but the amount of clicking is simply a huge turn off. I cannot rank on NPCs without my hand hurting like crap, I can do missions in one sitting, but my hands hurt like crap. Clicking through the androids, durt bras, xcharge, RPs ... makes the hand hurt. And after a while the game becomes nothing more than a click-fest particularly because the story is also done and gone, so even with new missions it's like a paragraph of "story", but then there's nothing else.

I am making this a new paragraph because I think it's a big point. The QUANTITY of clicks would be slightly less important if the QUALITY of the click were significantly higher.

What I mean by that is if each time we clicked it were worth that click, then even if we were clicking as much as we are it would feel like we're getting more for the effort. For example. We plow through NPCs because we want to rank. Why do most of us do that? Because there's nothing else to do. We plow through missions, but we finish all of them quickly. The 450 clicks it takes to fully complete a mission and its completions ... is that worth the paragraph of information? The "Comm" feature is nice since it adds a little more depth to the story, but unfortunately there are a few issues: The story is disjointed and there is no unifying theme of the game. Even Mafia Wars had a unifying theme of who you were. We are the captain of a ship ... where is my captain? Does he just sit in a chair all the time? Mafia Wars, for instance, showed your character traveling the world ... for all we know, our captain has a severe amount of super glue that's kept him in his chair. It doesn't even seem like he's seen the surface of any planet.

I know the last paragraph here doesn't talk about reducing clicks, but I feel it would "reduce" the click issue if it felt like we were actually playing a game and there were a story vs simply mindlessly clicking with absolutely no story.

Homeworlds
- This is something that has been in most galaxy games I've played in the past (although I forget names because it's been a while). We are captains of a ship, but we come from ... nowhere? Where do we hail from? Do we have a home? Can we make a home? What about other planets in the galaxy? Is Exotica the only planet that more than double digit people in the universe know about?

We need a home world that is invincible and upgradable past just 15x to make it worthwhile and help players who can't (or simple won't) pay for the mission exotic/dyson/rift. The home world should start out common ... give it random stats, a random look, just like when it's the first planet you've scanned. In the tutorial, give players an artifact that allows them to generate their home world. It will be a random type (might be a terra, oceanic, icy, barren, volcanic, anything other than exotics and dysons), BUT it will only have "Average" resources for all three regardless of the look (the look is just to provide difference). It can then be upgraded by a mission chain ... we're a captain traveling the universe. We should be able to return home and help our home world build up its resources and get better.

NPCs
- We've needed new NPC GROUPS for a long time. We have the dark smugglers, the science league, crimson blades ... but they're in ships from 1970 in a 2014 universe. I'm not saying they need to be removed so much as new content simply needs to be added that's worthwhile. While I understand there's just one section, why not make multiple "sectors" that are unlocked after completing missions or reaching certain ranks? Rank 1000s should be able to go to more dangerous places in space where we can't just one shot sha'din chargers and say yippee. Likewise, those with the dark root node gate thingy should be able to travel to where the dark smugglers go. Or where the drannik were. There are so many opportunities, but all we get is "Here's a Stryll Assassin. It'll get dumped into your eight NPC slots commonly/uncommonly and give you a dark badge. Enjoy" and we're saying "What's the story?" "It's an assassin" "From where?" "*silence*". There's no point to the current NPCs because there's nothing special about them and they're all lumped in the same spot. Why are ALL of the NPCs in the universe clustered right around our ship? Do we have a homing beacon?

Bosses also need to be larger, but reward better things and truly epic equipment. The Exotic Bio-Disruptor should have been stronger because it's near impossible to get. There should be a weapon that is epic, very hard to get, and takes a long time to get ... but when you do ... 1000 attack! Or something. The point being that it's not just a random module with a barely incremental stat bump. I don't even bother with bosses for the most part because I have all of the modules and it's just boring. Even the silthion cluster isn't worth it especially if not too many people are on to remove the swarm. Why not get some truly epic boss battles that reward truly awesome drops, but also new groups of NPCs and actually allow our ship to travel to some other sector rather than "Just wherever we are right now and every single other NPC ship in the universe seems to cluster"?

Other

There is so much this game could add. An aesthetic upgrade would be nice. Have you seen the original barren and volcanic planets? Wow! They are seriously lacking especially since it's 2014. The Dysons look nice and some of the newest planets don't look too bad, but the game has a very ... outdated look to it for some of the early things. Since planets are such a huge part of the game, they should look the most beautiful.

The missions need a drastic overhaul with new missions, new chains, but also a mission chain that provides a main story for who we are in the universe. As it stands, there is NO story for this game. Galaxy Legion is actually "Roaming metal with living organisms fighting other roaming metal with living organisms". Some of the mission chains had a nice story going with them, but they just ... seem disjointed when there's nothing unifying everything particularly in relation to who we are.

NPCs need an overhaul as well. PvP needs an overhaul. Trading needs an overhaul (the galaxy trading post is an absolute joke).

Please Dan, implement all of these, but try to bring new ideas and new content. Even if new content is just the wording and new shaders for existing things, it helps the imagination of the player, which is just as important. At this point in the game for many of us high ranks, there's nothing left except obliterating NPCs for no other reason than to increase our numbers so we can obliterate more NPCs (or players for those that can disabled non-halced players who are offline). And the occasional mission that takes about sixty seconds to finish.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Vette wrote:
Click Reduction
- YES ... a million times over yes. Personally, I like playing this game. It's fun, perhaps aesthetically not the most perfect, but it's still really fun, but the amount of clicking is simply a huge turn off. I cannot rank on NPCs without my hand hurting like crap, I can do missions in one sitting, but my hands hurt like crap. Clicking through the androids, durt bras, xcharge, RPs ... makes the hand hurt. And after a while the game becomes nothing more than a click-fest particularly because the story is also done and gone, so even with new missions it's like a paragraph of "story", but then there's nothing else.

But its not even that; some of it is just unnecessary redundant clicking. Why do I have to click on my best planet every 40 hours to use VARA Interface. Just make it an ability that continues to work as long as you own the planet (or until you decide to move it). The same is true for the Trellith Influence.

Give more options, instead of leveling up Thraccti, Scruuge Defector/Bainar, Systems Cracker every twenty hours by hand, give the option to link it to your daily reward. IE, you collect your daily reward, if you have the option set, you get level up your ally(ies).

I think other things should work the same way. Completely remove the manual usage of the Cybernetic Link Interface and Q-Pedd Assembly Line and add them to your daily reward click. This also has the added benefit of keeping people from installing 100 Assembly Lines and uninstalling them every day just for more scientists (not sure why you would do it but I know people do).

This addition of linking things to the daily reward would make for a good use of that button IMHO; its an easy way to reduce overall clicking as well as decluttering the abilities page a bit.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:50 pm

RE: NPC + Clicking

I am a little annoyed by all of the new NPCs with huge hull/shields but low damage caps.

I would suggest adding a button that would hit for 10x as 10x the energy (so 50 energy an attack), with 10x chance of enemy ability if it has one.

So for example:
Lazuli Fabrication Plant
Damage Cap: 775
10 button would allow someone to his up to 7,750 for 50 energy per attack.

Many of the lower levels don't realize just how bad it can be.
A Bralkir Vicar for example, has a low damage cap of 1,000. It has a hull of 250k. This means, at a minimum, it takes 250 clicks to kill this NPC. Doing this on the phone is a really boring, unfun and generally difficult thing. Having a 10x button brings it down to 25 attacks for the same energy. No one spends less energy and players are happy.

Where is the problem?

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:59 pm

ODragon wrote:
RE: NPC + Clicking

I am a little annoyed by all of the new NPCs with huge hull/shields but low damage caps.

I would suggest adding a button that would hit for 10x as 10x the energy (so 50 energy an attack), with 10x chance of enemy ability if it has one.

So for example:
Lazuli Fabrication Plant
Damage Cap: 775
10 button would allow someone to his up to 7,750 for 50 energy per attack.

Many of the lower levels don't realize just how bad it can be.
A Bralkir Vicar for example, has a low damage cap of 1,000. It has a hull of 250k. This means, at a minimum, it takes 250 clicks to kill this NPC. Doing this on the phone is a really boring, unfun and generally difficult thing. Having a 10x button brings it down to 25 attacks for the same energy. No one spends less energy and players are happy.

Where is the problem?

That's a excellent point in that playing this game on phone is really frustrating... Its better than not being able to log on at all, but serious pvping or npcing on a phone is impossible.. Maybe at least Dan could at least allow on the phone this option to a point if not 10x, even 5x... between accessing the web and having to use a sub optimal navigation tool (phone screen) most of us just get to watch our ships die if we play on phone...

Another game made a specific phone app, cost 2 bucks, was pretty easy to use on practically every aspect except scrolling maps(which would be inapplicable here)... LOL can we add another item to the to do list?

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Given that this game doesn't have an app, i don't think introducing the 10x button to cater to the "phone/tablet crowd" should be a necessity.

I don't mind all the incessant clicking tbh, in fact for Elite's it is necessary that you should have to do all the clicks 5 energy at a time, because it puts everyone on a level playing field, the only thing separating them being their ping.

My reason for saying that is simply because otherwise what will occur is people will start to lose lots and lots of energy. When 8 people are hitting that 10x button on a fab plant, they all lose the energy but only 3 people get the drops, and all of a sudden you realize that in total you've collectively dealt at least 15500 more dmg than as even needed.

I shouldn't need to point out the glitch that is additional damage caused by the servers inability to cope with the number of attacks it has to register. To this day we still see additional damage on elites/bases due to everyone smashing them as fast as possible.

For Missions, this is a wonderful idea, because being able to hit a "complete mission" button won't hurt anyone else's attempts to do something, but on NPC's it just means that those who sit on the bt all day watching for elites will be the ones taking full advantage of this idea.

In short, eliminate the need for additional clicking in the places where it is redundant to not do so;

Artifact Usage
A Quantity Box For The CTLab.
Base Donations(Energy. Increase It To Allow Max of 5k or 10k Per Time)
Missions

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:13 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Given that this game doesn't have an app, i don't think introducing the 10x button to cater to the "phone/tablet crowd" should be a necessity.

I don't mind all the incessant clicking tbh, in fact for Elite's it is necessary that you should have to do all the clicks 5 energy at a time, because it puts everyone on a level playing field, the only thing separating them being their ping.

My reason for saying that is simply because otherwise what will occur is people will start to lose lots and lots of energy. When 8 people are hitting that 10x button on a fab plant, they all lose the energy but only 3 people get the drops, and all of a sudden you realize that in total you've collectively dealt 15500 more dmg than as even needed.

For Missions, this is a wonderful idea, because that doesn't hurt anyone else's attempts to do something, but on NPC's it just means those who sit on the bt all day watching for elites will be the ones taking full advantage of this idea.

You bring up a valid point in terms of the potential for problems there. That said I'm not really sure its a level playing field when you separate people just by their ping as it were... There are some guys who seem to have clicks so fast based on their connection its like looking at a illusion wavering in the desert as their damage tally on something mounts up.

Still, you're right about the problem, and I doubt excluding the elites from it would work leaving aside the programming issues, because people would just want more.

All that said, I'm not saying put the app ahead of the other stuff in line. I do think a GL app besides possibly being useful in terms of revitalizing the game based on a different thread's comments, would be appreciated by a lot of people. So when the time is right and it can be integrated I'm asking Dan consider it then.

Respectfully tho I'll disagree on the non shareable elites how much a joy it is to do things like 250 clicks to kill one... My finger is starting to look like George Jetson's!

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:23 pm

While it is bumping another of my threads (this one), even placements of certain buttons can streamline the game without changing it and very minimal programming changes*.

Simply adding a second "Sell All" button and Dark-Aperature button to the minerals page would be a vast improvement for phones and reduce clicking (either by scrolling down which I have to on the tablet/certain notebooks/phones or by having to go to the abilities page a couple of times to check when to use the Dark-Aperature).

*Dan still needs to fix the mineral locking to the DB so it isn't just cookies, that is on the list of things he said he would do.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:54 pm

ODragon wrote:
While it is bumping another of my threads (this one), even placements of certain buttons can streamline the game without changing it and very minimal programming changes*.

Simply adding a second "Sell All" button and Dark-Aperature button to the minerals page would be a vast improvement for phones and reduce clicking (either by scrolling down which I have to on the tablet/certain notebooks/phones or by having to go to the abilities page a couple of times to check when to use the Dark-Aperature).

*Dan still needs to fix the mineral locking to the DB so it isn't just cookies, that is on the list of things he said he would do.

Along that line, didn't someone suggest a similar idea for the Ctl?

Great discussion so far guys. This is exactly what I hoped for. Webguydan needs to know what you want fast tracked.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:10 pm

S.Hawking wrote:

The only CT-Lab suggestions I remember are:
-Search Bar: So you can buy the same item over and over without scrolling
-CT-Lab attempt button added to research page
-Someone wanted a real-time number of their items on the CT-Lab (IE, how many processing cores do I have listed near the toxic processor so I know how many I can make)

Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:24 pm

ODragon wrote:
S.Hawking wrote:

-Someone wanted a real-time number of their items on the CT-Lab (IE, how many processing cores do I have listed near the toxic processor so I know how many I can make)

Or a Make Max button, that buys as many of an item as you have artifacts. For example, if you had 125 MSPs, 115 Tesseracts, and 140 Cages, you could click Make Max and it would make you 5 Poly Vaults and you would have the 25 MSPs, 15 Tesseracts, and 40 Cages left in cargo.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:18 pm

I also would like to see some new types of planets added... I know some said something some time ago about ring worlds (might be cool if they were a planet that could never be rifted), it could be fun to add some other things in to the scan mix like worm holes, quasars, black holes (we could in theory use black holes to destroy planets)...

Zane level 28th alert was a 26x artifact Dyson

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm

ODragon wrote:
S.Hawking wrote:

He might be referring to my suggestion of an attempt button on the Research page. There's a demo screen in one of my posts, but I'd have ţo dig for it...

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

Noirpa wrote:
I also would like to see some new types of planets added... I know some said something some time ago about ring worlds (might be cool if they were a planet that could never be rifted), it could be fun to add some other things in to the scan mix like worm holes, quasars, black holes (we could in theory use black holes to destroy planets)...

As mentioned elsewhere, adding new planets would have to be vastly different. As they are now, they can all be exactly the same with the right passives. Adding passives that are unique to types would make more sense.

Example from an old post:
Quote:
Passive Abilities:
Aphotic: Scan Absorbing: 15% Cloak
Ecumenopolis: Technological Wonder: 3% Production
Gaia: Ultra-Habitable: 5% Population, Morale boost: +1% Attack, Defense, Production
Sentient: Alive: 2% Cloak, Attack, Defense, Production, Population
Irradiated: Hostile Landscape: 5% invasion defense

Activated Abilities:
Plasma: Surge: 10% defense bonus, lasts 2 days
Demon: Firestorm: 10% attack bonus, lasts 2 days

Nothing game changing but it does make each planet different.

One other suggestion was an upgrade for metallics:
Quote:
How about getting an item that gives us the choice between:
Specialized Metallic - Mining: Size Very Massive, +1 mining, +1500 cloak/defense, Permanent Ultra Pure Deposit ability (Mining +20%). Looks like a cross between an Ecumenopolis and a metallic planet.

Specialized Metallic - Research: Size Very Massive, +1 research, +1500 cloak/defense, Permanent Planetary Cybernetic Network (Research +20%). Looks like a round Matrioshka Brain.

I think the idea of finding NPCs after doing the irradiated planet mission makes sense.

I'm bucking the trend of +size planets and saying this upgrade will make all metallic planets getting this upgrade very massive. So yes, a very massive will stay a very massivebut an average will become a very massive. This will make planets that are normally ignored because of size become viable and valuable.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:47 pm

iv Already voted and my vote is homeworlds, i feel it brings the most flair and personal aspects tot he game which makes it more imerrsive in my mind.

id eventually like to see more come from the current mission chains, the Prejor one for instance seems a ittle incomplete in its feel.

my biggest suggestion would be to add breif summarys of what each option would entail so others have easier time with voteing

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:58 pm

gerrgd wrote:
what would be harder to implement use multiple artifacts/rank points or adding in well thought out npcs?

well heres the thing with that question :
1. homeworlds would be coding, for the most part, and dpending upon the complexity of the project / addition it could be some time before that sees the light of stars
2. NPC's would be nice, but, if Dan has to buy the rights to images, then it becomes cost, how many images to buy / if their are copy right issues, what does he have to change, etc. from there it determines how many of a given NPC faction makes an appaearance in the diferent rarity levels

now to combine the above >> somewhat << something that I brought up quite a long time ago, before DoR if I remember right, was that these NPC factions, they come from some place, or at least originate from some place, they most likely have planets out there, not just bases floating in space. It would be nice to scan an NPC faction controlled planet, or to really throw something out there an NPC base, I mean actual base not something that is limiting like a rare base that only accomidates 10 people, I mean something you scan with red badges, that takes legion(s) to take out, you can even through a wrench in there dependant upon NPC faction :

RSL : high tech / or buff / debuff abilities
dark smugglers : high cloak .. unalbe to determine actual base level until loced

something like that., but those are my 2 cents, there are a number of things up on the poll list that i would like to see happen, so im just going to pick a number out of the hat.

**edit : i have no idea why my eyes played tricks on me i thought the quote i used said something about home worlds.**

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
PLURVIOUS wrote:
So, this is nice thread. My question is whether Dan is on-board with this, or are we all just wishful thinking?

^^

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:00 am

As part of the click reduction it would be awesome to have new npcs added to the top of the list and not the bottom. Very irritating to have to continuously scroll down any time we have more than 6 npcs up.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next