View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Next Project 

Webguydan's To-Do List?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points 25%  25%  [ 51 ]
Offensive Action Counter Display 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Legion vs Legion War Mode 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Damage Cap Rebalancing 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Click Reduction 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Homeworlds 26%  26%  [ 53 ]
NPCs 21%  21%  [ 44 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 205

Next Project 

Pongoloid wrote:
I think Damage Cap Rebalancing (or simply PVP rebalancing/revamping in general) would reduce frustration and ship build homogeneity

yet again, you conflate 2 vastly different issues.

in my rank range, i have no shortage of PvP targets. there are MAYBE a dozen ships that i would consider SSBs that i routinely bump from my bt. there is NO homogeneity in ship builds. SSBs' ONLY advantage is in PvP defense (the other arguable advantage is in upkeep, but that is only until you get a few allies). most players are not willing to make the sacrifices in other areas of the game in order to gain that PvP benefit.

the issue with PvP is that at high ranks .. EVERY ship can become near invincible due to endless hull from artis and eventually reach 100% damage cap rating. should Dan consider addressing ways to enhance PvP to make those mighty ships easier to drop ? maybe. but that has zilch to do with damage cap. it is the hull that makes those ships unkillable, not the damage cap.

based on my newsfeed, it takes 10 minutes to drop my ship at the moment without debuffs. a ship with 2x my rank with 2x my decks would take twice as much damage per hit ... but if they have 5x my hull .. it would take 2.5 times as long to drop that ship.

in any case, i would still prefer improving PvP rewards instead. at the moment, the only issue or PvP is at the higher ranks (2k+) so PvP goodies for that range of ships would be best. a scuurge logistics-type consumable that requires 2000 medal points and 50 red badges would be a sweet reward.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:54 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
in any case, i would still prefer improving PvP rewards instead. at the moment, the only issue or PvP is at the higher ranks (2k+) so PvP goodies for that range of ships would be best. a scuurge logistics-type consumable that requires 2000 medal points and 50 red badges would be a sweet reward.
Well, on this I can agree, though better rewards wasn't a choice in this particular poll.

In the hypothetical where Dan says we can only have damage cap/PVP revamp or better PVP rewards, I'll pick better rewards every time, but obviously would prefer both.

:o

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:33 am

i think there is no good solution in current environment for cap change....either way many people would cry wolf or badger..or pick your syllogistic animal of preference....a fundamental restriction on unchecked hull and att/def growth would be more accurrate...as has been stated countless times, how does simply having more crew make me defend better or attack better? Only so many guys can man a cannon. Some ships don't have cannons, they spitting out the window??

Same with hull... do we duct tape that junk on and get tougher? Sillyness. Shields at least have some conceptual basis -- i think we can all imagine energy powering shields and more energy= stronger shields...so xcells, imho hold some weight in things. But the game has simply developed beyond what it was designed to handle. Like a billing system meant for 100k customers that grows to 1 million, or a highway with 2 lanes in a city the size of LA. So many of the game mechanics simply weren't made to accomdate ships with hundreds of thousands of anything. So now its a monte hall, seasonal cash cow haul a thon mixed with speculative ideas of what could/should/might have been.

The game is great and has been very enjoyable, but the river bed is carved pretty hard by now and barring a dam it aint chaning direction.

Homeworlds and npc's at least add flavor without really hosing anyone on pvp , ship build , or most anything else. Seems like missions and npcs are where people spend the majority of their time anyways.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:05 am

Eh, I disagree that there's nothing to be done.

I think something like critical hits that go above damage cap, or awesome, unique modules that can only be installed on ships above a certain size would put an end to a lot of the grumbling about ships with so much hull and so little cap that they crash your browser before you are able to disable them, or the general deck anorexia that you find in knowledgable players who have been around less than 3 years (i.e. afraid to add decks beyond scan/cloak/%/ability minimums, 'cause after that, it's all debits and no credits).

Or at least, it would put an end to my grumbling :P

Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:49 am

what about the ships with more atk/def and especially shield/hull than most bases? that also was never meant to happen.

Its a two fold problem. Theres the damage cap, and also the shield/hull. Bases are pretty much the same as high rank SSBs. If you put them as LSB, 1M+ overall health unbuffed still takes an eternity to kill and pretty much ruins PvP. Which is pretty much the build of high ranks these days (LSB and 1m+ health).

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:37 am

I personaly am a big fan of attack-defense=damage... would make all stats (attack/defense and hulll all relevent and never NOT matter) similarly if my defense surpasses your attack I take 0 damage and YOU take the difference in damage. Better pvp rewards would be good, and so would just cutting down on the time it takes to down things, even keeping everything the same a "attack x10" or "attack x25" where all cacluations are the SAME just you do 10 or 25 attacks at once would make things better. Its not the energy I begrudge or the fact that you have awesome stats, its the time I spend clicking on your ship/base tab.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:47 pm

how about a once a year rest for ship space then, like the change of identity setup on new years, that way people could reset their ships if they got to big and are complaining about the damage cap. some people get bad information.

that could fix the complaints without changing the system, and not make it something that could be abused

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:02 pm

draxsiss wrote:
I personaly am a big fan of attack-defense=damage... would make all stats (attack/defense and hulll all relevent and never NOT matter) similarly if my defense surpasses your attack I take 0 damage and YOU take the difference in damage. Better pvp rewards would be good, and so would just cutting down on the time it takes to down things, even keeping everything the same a "attack x10" or "attack x25" where all cacluations are the SAME just you do 10 or 25 attacks at once would make things better. Its not the energy I begrudge or the fact that you have awesome stats, its the time I spend clicking on your ship/base tab.

I laugh heartily at this suggestion.... :lol:

Player A has 15k atk and 10k def and 22k hull

Player B has 55k atk and 45k def, they OHKO player a

I'm not even joking, but up here as a rank 4k player, your idea would mean i can OHKO 3-5 targets and at most 5HKO 3-5 others too.

I have 7k decks with over 300k defence unbuffed and an unbuffed shield+hull of over 1.4 million.

A LSB i be, but me thinks most would find me as annoying as a SSB to take out with using debuffs.

So it's not really anything to do with a persons deck count, it's whether or not they spent the past 5-6 years building a decent ship, because anybody can be as annoying to kill as a SSB if they really really tried.

I don't understand this need to nerf the SSB design purely so they can be killed easier... They're only SSB for that damn reason, so it is that hard to kill them, otherwise why would they bother.

Lastly, whilst there are indeed many SSB players that are crazy to try and kill, i bet they'd be a damn sight easier to kill if the majority that complain about them had decent attack stats for their ranks & what makes me cry on the inside as i laugh on the outside is how many really really poor 4 year or older ships there are out there in terms of their attack/defence.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:36 pm

At this time id say next project should be high ranking elites and bosses

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:26 am

acesrolledup wrote:
how about a once a year rest for ship space then, like the change of identity setup on new years, that way people could reset their ships if they got to big and are complaining about the damage cap. some people get bad information.

that could fix the complaints without changing the system, and not make it something that could be abused

Damage cap based on number of decks is certainly a poorly thought out design and does need to be remedied some way. Every ship stops growing somewhere so they end up with a fixed damage cap. However hull, shields and defense effectively grow forever. This leads to "PP creep" where it continues to require more hits and more time to kill even larger ships. Also, of course, good things were added for defense -- geminis and gammatrons -- but not for attack. As a PVPer at my rank, I've grown tired of the ever growing number of hits it takes to disable ships I see frequently. When I consider that all those additional hits give experience which just makes you rank faster, it gets pretty discouraging. Not to mention that it takes more of my RL time to do a PVP run than it used to say 500 ranks before. Then I could max out my TM actions in just an hour or so. Now it can run anywhere from 2-3 hours if I stick to just reds and yellows. Trying to chase ships that max their PVP actions out every day at 1 hour per day is not worth it if it takes me 2 or 3 hours to equal this accomplishment, so this persuaded me to limit my PVP runs to one or two a week at most now. Also, with the appearance of more and more of the "SSB generation" of ships on my BT over time, the "RL time spent" PVPing is just getting more annoying. As PVP continues to take more time with every run, fewer people at higher ranks are going to be willing to invest the time to pursue PVP. As it is already, most of the up and coming PVP elite are down in the 1100-to-1300 range where PVP took significantly less time.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:46 am

couldnt agree more purf.... high rankers may have the e and the attack stat to kill 'easier' but for most reasonable people it aint worth it.... hell we kill bases quicker than some players now. I can autorank on pvp but get super bored trying. Totally same issue. It's no big mystery there are 4 ssb in the top 10 killers. As a modestly built ship i have more than double or triple or MORE than each of their attack AND defense stats. How do they kill so many? geee i wonder...probably because lower the rank, less the hull and time played. Plus a LOT larger field of targets....and if even 1 in 4 suck ..well thats a quick bump to get to them.

Every now and then i kill an ssb just because or to test how much time it would take. This is not very satisfying for anyone i'd think. In another thread i brought up this same point. The average person, if they had an hour to play here a day, would they really want to spend the whole time to kill 4 people? Signs point to no. Even the argument that it won't take more than 400-600 hits for tough ships to kill them...still sucks. It shouldn't necessarily be easy. In fact you should be able to build a ship hard to kill. But when you don;t even care anymore or pass on pvp because of the time investment it takes, thats a problem.

Halcs are one thing, stupid amounts of hull based on cap are another. Picture the fixer....or even worse the laz fixer ssb advanced to rank 1500 and with a decent AP income. At 750 a MAX hit (which may be assuming a lot for some players to reach) this blows rabid goats. This is not helped by the culture of don't rank and don't earn too much exp. So the continuing trend and eventuality of a dying universe of silly ssb's and a void of targets slowly rolls in. Slow enough that it won't overtake anyone in the near future, but closing none the less. The paragon ships of yore with tons of AP don't care, and will say so what.....but you will notice they don't really pvp very much either. I have yet to see more than a handful of really vicious ships who actually have more than say 4k kills. There are a lot of people with super good ships who ranked from basing, npcs, and missions. Now they don't have as many choices in pvp and will NEVER get to the top of the boards (academic, that may be).

Maybe pvp sucking for everyone is the way things should go over time? We all get smarter and better and evolution of the game helps us move past such silly notions.

I recall a scenario this issue remind me of from fiction. In the dragonlance series, one of the main characters finds a way to conquer the universe. However, to do so would lead to the total destruction of everything -leaving a void with no one left. He eventually opts to sacrifice himself to avoid the meaningless result which would occur for him to have his way and creates a different timeline where everyone can still exist and have conflict solve themselves as they will.

Maybe we all need to seek a compromise that allows the game to continue to exist in such a way that is enjoyable--before it becomes a void shell with no one left who gives a flying eff. No joy in being the strongest ship in a galaxy of 5.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:39 am

juiceman wrote:
The average person, if they had an hour to play here a day, would they really want to spend the whole time to kill 4 people? Signs point to no. Even the argument that it won't take more than 400-600 hits for tough ships to kill them...still sucks. It shouldn't necessarily be easy. In fact you should be able to build a ship hard to kill. But when you don;t even care anymore or pass on pvp because of the time investment it takes, thats a problem.

you guys yack as if every ship was built this way. the whole POINT of the SSB build is to discourage casual PvP hitters. anyone who decides to take my ship out on a whim ? bravo ! but you just spent the energy and xp equivalent as you would taking down a medium-sized base, so if you are okay with that trade-off, have at 'er. if some players are too lazy to look for decent targets for their badges ... feel free to waste your energy and xp.

me, i set my ship up to fight smarter. you can see from my PvP stats that, despite my mediocre attack power (in comparison to others of similar rank and playtime), there are PLENTY of fish out there ready to be eaten. while it did take me half a rank to complete the foundry of war task2 today .. shuffling mods between 3 levels of scan power ... and setting off hundreds of halcs ... that is just par for the course.

and yes, i chose to PvP early and often. to me, that was a no-brainer as it was easily forseeable that PvP would get tougher the higher the ranks, just with the strength inflation over time. so i played slow and steady and made my sacrifices in other areas. i am probably still 9 months out from the kriell ally .. and titanproxies are up for around the summertime. but that was the trade-off that i was willing, and am still willing to make every day i play, to ensure that i could succeed in the PvP realm. other players made different choices and for them to whine about how those choices have now landed them in uncomfortable situations in the PvP aspects of the game ? ZERO sympathy from me.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:17 am
Profile WWW

and again here is juiceman yapping off about high ranks not rising on the leaderboards umm i think you best look at the leaderboards before speaking i am now rank 40th 39th when alpharik is removed when just a month ago i was not there. top 10 for raids and rising in raids daily. rising in hacks as well on a daily basis and yet here i am close to rank 3k where i completed all my missions except repeats purger mission up near 25k done 1.3mil npcs killed i did not focus on pvp until i was in rank 2200 area . then you have son goku who competed against me for a bit this past month to make it a fight for me to bypass him in the kills board which is almost 1k ranks higher then me so there 2 of the high ranks doing pvp and we find targets easy yes we hit them more often then we would of if we was lower ranks.

now as for the ssb i agree something needs to be done. and i do not mean kill the damage cap as senator said he punished himself in small ways to stay a low rank bottom feeder :P with a ssb, my only solution i had figured out and some people had liked including the ssb's i spoken with is some kind of a wicked award for adding decks to promote them to add decks and make there ships bigger.

to collect badges i also believe something needs to be done with made the target range bigger once reached a certain level you show up on all peoples bt who are past that rank range as well

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:11 am

pokerman123 wrote:

to collect badges i also believe something needs to be done with made the target range bigger once reached a certain level you show up on all peoples bt who are past that rank range as well

Thats interesting

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:48 am

I have always thought that a crew requirement is necessary.

Also, the number of decks required to support a module or crew. I don't know about youbut I am pretty sick and tired of having to go up against rowboats with 400k crew on them. Should not be possible.

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:58 am

I would like to see the research tree actually account for something. New research items would be good. Also new missions would be awesome. And prohibit the use of artifacts on weaker ships. (E.G. the attacking ship has over 500k attack power and 500k def on a weaker ship) Then the attacking ship doesn't need to use an artifact. They already need a bigger advantage? Also create better artifacts for those stronger ships disabling other stronger ships. Planet discoveries could use a boost also. There are so many planets with unique compositions perhaps somehow those could be added to make different planets? perhaps planetiods or meteors that when we discover them give us a temporary boost of some kind?

Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8