View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 4:31 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Next Project 

Webguydan's To-Do List?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points 25%  25%  [ 51 ]
Offensive Action Counter Display 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Legion vs Legion War Mode 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Damage Cap Rebalancing 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Click Reduction 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Homeworlds 26%  26%  [ 53 ]
NPCs 21%  21%  [ 44 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 205

 Next Project 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 am
Posts: 1653
Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Post Re: Next Project
ArconZX wrote:
First is to close the poll before we ask how soon.


Agreed. So, when does this poll "close"?

_________________
PLURVION: Immortal GP Jedi and Loyal Distinguished Minion to Ms. T.
ImageImage


Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 8964
Post Re: Next Project
Poll ended at Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 am

_________________
Ranks 400+ Join us in exploring..
ImageImage

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?


Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:00 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 am
Posts: 1653
Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Post Re: Next Project
In that case, I'll refer back to my previous post:

PLURVIOUS wrote:
So.... The players have spoken: Homeworlds it is. What timeline should I expect to see this implemented in? I need to plan my GP, credits, etc accordingly.

_________________
PLURVION: Immortal GP Jedi and Loyal Distinguished Minion to Ms. T.
ImageImage


Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:19 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:56 pm
Posts: 381
Post Re: Next Project
im sure use multiple artifacts/rank points will be implemented in first because of the lack of complexity. Where as homeworlds, if you want them done right, will take much longer. Any way we need a serious response about Dan's timeline of what he is doing and where the results from this poll fit into them. these are the type of posts he needs to be responding to.


Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:15 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:22 am
Posts: 1121
Post Re: Next Project
I want more LM chains first :P


Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:13 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:07 pm
Posts: 107
Post Re: Next Project
gerrgd wrote:
im sure use multiple artifacts/rank points will be implemented in first because of the lack of complexity. Where as homeworlds, if you want them done right, will take much longer. Any way we need a serious response about Dan's timeline of what he is doing and where the results from this poll fit into them. these are the type of posts he needs to be responding to.


So does anyone have a list of what home worlds would be adding?

i cna see dozens of possibliltes in my head. anything from a new mission chain to new research trees to new NPCs. on top of the Item design and programing aspects. id rather he takes his time then gives a big time time of this is when hes doing it.

but im excited to see where it goes, mostly id like to just have offical announcement that the poll has helped some how.


Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:40 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 2810
Location: UK
Post Re: Next Project
ArconZX wrote:
gerrgd wrote:
im sure use multiple artifacts/rank points will be implemented in first because of the lack of complexity. Where as homeworlds, if you want them done right, will take much longer. Any way we need a serious response about Dan's timeline of what he is doing and where the results from this poll fit into them. these are the type of posts he needs to be responding to.


So does anyone have a list of what home worlds would be adding?

i cna see dozens of possibliltes in my head. anything from a new mission chain to new research trees to new NPCs. on top of the Item design and programing aspects. id rather he takes his time then gives a big time time of this is when hes doing it.

but im excited to see where it goes, mostly id like to just have offical announcement that the poll has helped some how.


Seeing how the poll isn't even official, i highly doubt Dan is going to make an "official" announcement about anything.

Dan's got 7 more LM's to release over the next 14 weeks, as well as working on easter stuff. His plate is probably full for the next 2-3 months.


Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:47 pm
Posts: 1513
Post Re: Next Project
kirkeastment wrote:
Seeing how the poll isn't even official, i highly doubt Dan is going to make an "official" announcement about anything.

Dan's got 7 more LM's to release over the next 14 weeks, as well as working on easter stuff. His plate is probably full for the next 2-3 months.

SHHHHH! You're not supposed to tell everyone this poll is just to keep us distracted!

_________________
XxDarthDexterxX wrote:
You deserve a cookie, and earn yourself one cookie point. :mrgreen:


Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:07 pm
Posts: 107
Post Re: Next Project
Chloron wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
Seeing how the poll isn't even official, i highly doubt Dan is going to make an "official" announcement about anything.

Dan's got 7 more LM's to release over the next 14 weeks, as well as working on easter stuff. His plate is probably full for the next 2-3 months.

SHHHHH! You're not supposed to tell everyone this poll is just to keep us distracted!

and i was hoping that he actually had all those planned out already and was just staggerign the releases to buy himself time to work on everything. Hopefully he did all the planning and testing already for the leigion missions and bi-weeklys and now by staggering them he can give us a steady feed of new content while having time to breath and focus on the next projects.


Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm
Posts: 176
Post Re: Next Project
PLURVIOUS wrote:
draxsiss wrote:
I would argue that click reduction (since a use all button is also click reduction) won by a huge margin with homeworlds in second place, Thankfully a use all botton SHOULD be an easy fix.


Well, 53 is greater than 26 last time I checked, but OK - let's do click reduction. We can expect to see something by................ *crickets chirping*.........................?


S.Hawking wrote:
To clarify... Click Reduction encompasses not only the artifact usage and rank points, but also the multitude of suggestions about multiple attacks and planet scanning. Two other areas that have excessive clicking involved.


If you counted click reduction AND multiple artifact/rack point usage together (they really should have been listed as a single topic), it would have been the clear winner (51+26) vs Homeworlds (53) barely edging out multiple artifact/rank point usage (51) by two votes. Honestly, the split between these two categories drove me nuts since I view the whole click reduction thing as one super important game mechanic fix that would make most activities in the game easier. After S. Hawking's comment that "click reduction" included the multiple artifact/rank point usage, I was one of the 26 that went for just "click reduction" -- in part because I actually read the poll creator's comment and assumed it encompassed both ideas. The supporters of the "Homeworlds as winner" are not taking that comment into account. In all honesty, if I knew some people were going to try to declare Homeworlds the winner based on the split vote between those two categories, I think I (and maybe most of the 26) would have thrown our votes to the multiple artifact/rank point usage to avoid this confusion. IMO, Draxis is right and the combined click reduction/multiple artifact/rank point choice was the clear winner.

What this small poll did rather clearly show was that people overwhelmingly favored three major poll areas (click reduction, Homeworlds, and new NPCs) over any of the other ideas presented -- particularly the war modes and PVP arenas. I haven't thoroughly processed these thoughts yet, but it seems pretty clear there is a distinct lean away from more PVP-centric ideas. I'm not completely surprised at that result as most of the folks I know are more interested in NPCing now and PVP is a pretty secondary concern -- motivated mainly for the drive for either badges for ship artis, medals, base scanning or the occasional legion mission. There is still a group of serious PVPers who want to breathe more life into PVP, but they seem to be a relatively small portion of the overall user base. For many people below rank 2200, the focus is more on NPCing to build superior artifact production numbers and thus to eventually build a tremendously strong ship. So, if this rambling leads anywhere, it's to say that I think the focus for future enhancements should lie in the three areas favored by most of the users. (And, of course, a rare NPC that drops an arti-only boosting planet artifact would be really sweet.....)


Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:48 pm
Posts: 2251
Post Re: Next Project
PurFikshun wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:
draxsiss wrote:
I would argue that click reduction (since a use all button is also click reduction) won by a huge margin with homeworlds in second place, Thankfully a use all botton SHOULD be an easy fix.


Well, 53 is greater than 26 last time I checked, but OK - let's do click reduction. We can expect to see something by................ *crickets chirping*.........................?


S.Hawking wrote:
To clarify... Click Reduction encompasses not only the artifact usage and rank points, but also the multitude of suggestions about multiple attacks and planet scanning. Two other areas that have excessive clicking involved.


If you counted click reduction AND multiple artifact/rack point usage together (they really should have been listed as a single topic), it would have been the clear winner (51+26) vs Homeworlds (53) barely edging out multiple artifact/rank point usage (51) by two votes. Honestly, the split between these two categories drove me nuts since I view the whole click reduction thing as one super important game mechanic fix that would make most activities in the game easier. After S. Hawking's comment that "click reduction" included the multiple artifact/rank point usage, I was one of the 26 that went for just "click reduction" -- in part because I actually read the poll creator's comment and assumed it encompassed both ideas. The supporters of the "Homeworlds as winner" are not taking that comment into account. In all honesty, if I knew some people were going to try to declare Homeworlds the winner based on the split vote between those two categories, I think I (and maybe most of the 26) would have thrown our votes to the multiple artifact/rank point usage to avoid this confusion. IMO, Draxis is right and the combined click reduction/multiple artifact/rank point choice was the clear winner.

What this small poll did rather clearly show was that people overwhelmingly favored three major poll areas (click reduction, Homeworlds, and new NPCs) over any of the other ideas presented -- particularly the war modes and PVP arenas. I haven't thoroughly processed these thoughts yet, but it seems pretty clear there is a distinct lean away from more PVP-centric ideas. I'm not completely surprised at that result as most of the folks I know are more interested in NPCing now and PVP is a pretty secondary concern -- motivated mainly for the drive for either badges for ship artis, medals, base scanning or the occasional legion mission. There is still a group of serious PVPers who want to breathe more life into PVP, but they seem to be a relatively small portion of the overall user base. For many people below rank 2200, the focus is more on NPCing to build superior artifact production numbers and thus to eventually build a tremendously strong ship. So, if this rambling leads anywhere, it's to say that I think the focus for future enhancements should lie in the three areas favored by most of the users. (And, of course, a rare NPC that drops an arti-only boosting planet artifact would be really sweet.....)

I could not have summed it up any better. Kudos

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 am
Posts: 1653
Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Post Re: Next Project
PurFikshun wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:
draxsiss wrote:
I would argue that click reduction (since a use all button is also click reduction) won by a huge margin with homeworlds in second place, Thankfully a use all botton SHOULD be an easy fix.


Well, 53 is greater than 26 last time I checked, but OK - let's do click reduction. We can expect to see something by................ *crickets chirping*.........................?


S.Hawking wrote:
To clarify... Click Reduction encompasses not only the artifact usage and rank points, but also the multitude of suggestions about multiple attacks and planet scanning. Two other areas that have excessive clicking involved.


If you counted click reduction AND multiple artifact/rack point usage together (they really should have been listed as a single topic), it would have been the clear winner (51+26) vs Homeworlds (53) barely edging out multiple artifact/rank point usage (51) by two votes. Honestly, the split between these two categories drove me nuts since I view the whole click reduction thing as one super important game mechanic fix that would make most activities in the game easier. After S. Hawking's comment that "click reduction" included the multiple artifact/rank point usage, I was one of the 26 that went for just "click reduction" -- in part because I actually read the poll creator's comment and assumed it encompassed both ideas. The supporters of the "Homeworlds as winner" are not taking that comment into account. In all honesty, if I knew some people were going to try to declare Homeworlds the winner based on the split vote between those two categories, I think I (and maybe most of the 26) would have thrown our votes to the multiple artifact/rank point usage to avoid this confusion. IMO, Draxis is right and the combined click reduction/multiple artifact/rank point choice was the clear winner.

What this small poll did rather clearly show was that people overwhelmingly favored three major poll areas (click reduction, Homeworlds, and new NPCs) over any of the other ideas presented -- particularly the war modes and PVP arenas. I haven't thoroughly processed these thoughts yet, but it seems pretty clear there is a distinct lean away from more PVP-centric ideas. I'm not completely surprised at that result as most of the folks I know are more interested in NPCing now and PVP is a pretty secondary concern -- motivated mainly for the drive for either badges for ship artis, medals, base scanning or the occasional legion mission. There is still a group of serious PVPers who want to breathe more life into PVP, but they seem to be a relatively small portion of the overall user base. For many people below rank 2200, the focus is more on NPCing to build superior artifact production numbers and thus to eventually build a tremendously strong ship. So, if this rambling leads anywhere, it's to say that I think the focus for future enhancements should lie in the three areas favored by most of the users. (And, of course, a rare NPC that drops an arti-only boosting planet artifact would be really sweet.....)


OK. cool. Let's do click reduction then. Anyone have an idea on when that will be implemented?

_________________
PLURVION: Immortal GP Jedi and Loyal Distinguished Minion to Ms. T.
ImageImage


Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 am
Posts: 602
Location: Everett, WA
Post Re: Next Project
Dan hasn't even commented on this thread, let alone told us he's going to be implementing any of it at all. We can only assume he's read through it a bit but there's not even a guarantee on that unless I'm mistaken.

_________________
Image
The Sex Panther Rank 1100+ Litheor Excavator
Leaderboard Dropout


Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:09 pm
Posts: 355
Location: In Space Somewhere
Post Re: Next Project
Mwchism wrote:
Dan hasn't even commented on this thread, let alone told us he's going to be implementing any of it at all. We can only assume he's read through it a bit but there's not even a guarantee on that unless I'm mistaken.


Ye, This appears to be correct. It all seems to be done by the mods these days and nothing appears from Dan.

_________________
Leader of Im On You


Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 379
Post Re: Next Project
I didn't get to vote in time but dear God please the damage cap

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm
Posts: 1862
Post Re: Next Project
What are the time frames for each of the remaining projects?

I feel like the 1st suggestion of using multiple arties/rank points is long overdue. Maybe it's just me but I don't know how anyone with half a brain would not work on making this game less of a fracking click fest?

_________________
Image
Eh.


Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:35 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 2810
Location: UK
Post Re: Next Project
canshow wrote:
What are the time frames for each of the remaining projects?

I feel like the 1st suggestion of using multiple arties/rank points is long overdue. Maybe it's just me but I don't know how anyone with half a brain would not work on making this game less of a fracking click fest?


Try reading some of the more recent posts, and you would have seen me post this just 7 posts above yours;

kirkeastment wrote:

Seeing how the poll isn't even official, i highly doubt Dan is going to make an "official" announcement about anything.

Dan's got 7 more LM's to release over the next 14 weeks, as well as working on easter stuff. His plate is probably full for the next 2-3 months.


Need anybody say more than that? None of these ideas are likely to make it into development, let alone actually make it into the game.


Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm
Posts: 1862
Post Re: Next Project
kirkeastment wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:

Seeing how the poll isn't even official, i highly doubt Dan is going to make an "official" announcement about anything.

Dan's got 7 more LM's to release over the next 14 weeks, as well as working on easter stuff. His plate is probably full for the next 2-3 months.


Need anybody say more than that? None of these ideas are likely to make it into development, let alone actually make it into the game.

Guess that's what happens when all the high ranked players complain about nothing else except lack of content? Idk. Would have liked to think that UI changes/game mechanics were at least being considered, but looks like this poll was in vain and so was my original question.

Bummer. Back to real life, I guess.

_________________
Image
Eh.


Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:08 pm
Posts: 508
Location: Lavender Town
Post Re: Next Project
Not sure if anyone cares anymore but looking at this poll list just gonna cut out the useless stuff and try to give a few reasons,

In terms of the Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points you can pretty much throw that out the window since it coincides with clicking reduction making it a redundant question, this is why I feel this should be addressed first it would essentially make things a little faster in terms of pvp, and npc hunting tho the coding of it for artifacts could be a little tricky at least very time consuming since we have tons and tons of artifacts that would possibly have to be coded to protect from possible exploit, tho it shouldn't be in effect for planets since there are artifacts that can take down the population of planets much fast.

Now for offensive counter actions I just dont understand what you mean and where this is going.

now Legion on legion war, needs some concrete ideas for it to possible be implemented this could be really interesting it just needs some fairness for both sides and not necessarily be focused on the fighting aspect and by that i mean simple disables, possibly some mission / objectives for players to complete in part with the disables, raids, hacks and heck throw liberating a planet in their. Possible rewards should reflect with the concept *Spoils of War* as you would put it.

1 v 1 is ridiculous no body voted for it and its not necessary, just pick someone off from your battle tab I mean if you want people who are active chances are youll find someone trust me sooner or later.

Damage cap dont see what needs to be fixed if anything add a new fireing feature where you would spend X amount of energy to possibly do Y amount of damage which go's hand in hand with clicking reduction.

Home worlds is unnecessary for instances we have bases which acts as our home base it provides the legion with resources like a planet we can name it and it gets attacked like a planet and if it gets disabled we get a penalty to resource output, that plus we get an artifact for playing for two years that can make any planet of our choose immune to invasions which can count as our home worlds individuale wise.

NPC wise couldn't hurt could just be added to other.

So out of all those suggestions on what Dan should work on first thiers only two and the primary one being click reduction considering there's plenty of interesting ways that can go. But I just see these as something that needs to be looked at before its addressed.

_________________
Image
Image
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways, but the point is to change it"


Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:58 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 pm
Posts: 72
Post Re: Next Project
I hear a lot of chatter from players about whether or not GL is dying out or not. I'm not here to make a claim either way, but when I see a poll that closed over a year ago and the votes didn't seem to produce any results, I do have to wonder a bit, myself.

I do appreciate that a poll was held and I do hope that it will result in updates that the players are pushing for, which seem to be click reduction of various types and "Homeworlds".


Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:52 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: