View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 New Contested Planet: Earth. and Factions 

So far I've been seeing allot of requests around the forums for new contested planet. so i have an idea about Earth that may work.

Basic idea:
So i was thinking that Earth would not be like Exotica, instead it will be attacked by 4 Factions. The factions are: Shi'Hal, Entii, Cycore alliance and The Revered ones. Each group will have there own benefits and downsides (These come in the form of ability's). these four faction become available upon completing a mission chain. after which you will have to chose a faction. then Earth will be open to you. Each faction will have to work together. these Factions scale to all of GL. the mission chain becomes available upon rank 500

Groups

Shi'hal

Description : A faction of the galaxy's outcasts, using there own highly developed skills and knowledge of warfare, they search together for unsuspecting Civilizations to claim for there own.

Benefit:
Plus 20% atk and Def for 10 hours, 20 hours cool down

Drawback:
20% less production for 24 hours

---------------------------------------

Entii

Description :A peaceful faction of Scientist worriers, they have spent there lives researching the best possible effects for planets and there habitats. Many Bandits see them as easy pickings. but those who were foolish enough to attack them; never return

Benefit
Allows you to chose any non permanent planetary effect for anyone of your planets at a time, 40 hours cool down.

Drawback
The selected planet looses 20% of there cloak for 24 hours.

Cycore Alliance:

Description :A faction of highly advanced Cyborg Miners, Many species from around the galaxy have joined this faction, seeking to upgrade there own limbs to greater there strength and reek the benefits of distant planets.

Benifit
Allows you to scrap any common artifact in exchange for Exotic matter. ( the greater the value of the artifact. there better the Exotic matter)
(Adds a 2nd option to scrapping, scrap for credits/Ctp or EM)

Drawback
Exotic matter production claimed from minerals is decreased by 30%
(This will take 30% of the received EM and swap it for minerals in stead. E.g. 1000MP = 930M and 70EM instead of 900M and 100EM.

The Revered ones:

Description : A faction of Highly respected and feared Paladins, they guard planets and civilizations with there lives, and Hunt any and all evil within the galaxy, the thrill of battle is there own reward.

Benefit:
Plus 20% bonus ivasion atk and 20% Bonus planetary guarding defense. and a further 30% atk to Npc's

Drawbacks:
attacking the weak does not go to well with The Revered Ones: - attack% to Combat Reputation rank

Laughable -80% atk
Feeble -60% atk
Weak -40% atk
Passive -20% atk
Balanced _10% atk.

:!: Each one of these factions will have there own Badge/Symbol that is added next to your ships name when chosen :!: .
(Please remember that these are rough idea. they are fully open to your own suggestions.)

Earth

Earth will be a contested Planet that is fought for between these four factions. The time an individual faction holds onto the planet, the greater the rewards, these rewards will stack as the time goes bye

My current idea is:

1day: (insert your own ideas)
2days
3days
4days
5das
6days
7days

This is a very rough idea atm. ill defiantly be sure to add and take away from it in the future. ya'll a free to add and take away what you want :).

Last edited by blackfox on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:07 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
lol @ "any old contested planet like Exotica"....

Yes, lets get a new contested planet. and not just any old contested planet (because all one of them that currently exist are all basically the same)...

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:20 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
lol @ "any old contested planet like Exotica"....

Yes, lets get a new contested planet. and not just any old contested planet (because all one of them that currently exist are all basically the same)...

:roll: ....edited. you know what i mean. Exotica is old and repetitive.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:25 am

more contested planets would be welcome.

however, since Dan is already forcing people to vote in a few missions, why not have those who vote one way become part of one faction, and those who vote the other way become the 2d faction. you would get 1 new contested planet for every mission that forces you to vote (so 2 more after the current daily ?).

that way, folks that do the mission afterward can still make a 'vote' ... but instead of affecting the story that has already been put in place, you can join a faction. anyone who already voted will be automatically placed in the related faction.

this way, folks in the same legion can line up on opposite factions and see who is really tougher. all faction members who are guarding the planet get the planet benefit, and there can be a counter / medal for the number of guards disabled as the attacking faction.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:42 am
Profile WWW

I can tell that you put a lot of time coming up with this BlackFox. I'ts a great idea, very great. However I''m almost 100% sure nothing that will make the game more fun like this will ever be added. You have my +1 good sir.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:29 am

There have been many great suggestions over the years for new contested planets among other things, it's a shame none of these suggestions ever seem to get implemented.

I like your suggestion as a whole the rewards don't seem to overpowered and the drawbacks are acceptable,

I'm not sure how the galaxy wide faction will work and how the servers will cope, also not sure how the mechanic of defending the planet and retaking the planet will work< Is this just going to be a larger version of exotica in that respect? Also how will players know when there faction has taken the planet?

Another problem I see arising is there will be a favourite faction which the majority of players will choose most of the high ranks players will all choose the most beneficial faction for there ship and therefore making it almost impossible for any other faction to even think about taking the planet.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:18 am

senatorhung wrote:
more contested planets would be welcome.

however, since Dan is already forcing people to vote in a few missions, why not have those who vote one way become part of one faction, and those who vote the other way become the 2d faction. you would get 1 new contested planet for every mission that forces you to vote (so 2 more after the current daily ?).

that way, folks that do the mission afterward can still make a 'vote' ... but instead of affecting the story that has already been put in place, you can join a faction. anyone who already voted will be automatically placed in the related faction.

this way, folks in the same legion can line up on opposite factions and see who is really tougher. all faction members who are guarding the planet get the planet benefit, and there can be a counter / medal for the number of guards disabled as the attacking faction.

Sounds good to me :).

Fireblade225 wrote:
There have been many great suggestions over the years for new contested planets among other things, it's a shame none of these suggestions ever seem to get implemented.

I like your suggestion as a whole the rewards don't seem to overpowered and the drawbacks are acceptable,

I'm not sure how the galaxy wide faction will work and how the servers will cope, also not sure how the mechanic of defending the planet and retaking the planet will work< Is this just going to be a larger version of exotica in that respect? Also how will players know when there faction has taken the planet?

Kinda. I was first thinking that each Faction has to earn Faction points, which in the end add upto the total score, the faction with the most points gets the better prize (I was also thinking of rewards for the Factions top ten earners, and to make sure that everyone would have a chance, there would be equally difficult and rewarding tasks for all ranks). Earth would be the primary way to earn these points. It would be like having 4 equally power legions and telling them to hold onto earth for as long as they could. If you like this idea, then i have the whole version already planned in my head :)

Another problem I see arising is there will be a favorite faction which the majority of players will choose most of the high ranks players will all choose the most beneficial faction for there ship and therefore making it almost impossible for any other faction to even think about taking the planet.

This was my greatest fear about factions, so i tried my best to make equally powerful Faction ability's. if you have any better ideas for them then your welcome to suggest them :).

Agape wrote:
I can tell that you put a lot of time coming up with this BlackFox. I'ts a great idea, very great. However I''m almost 100% sure nothing that will make the game more fun like this will ever be added. You have my +1 good sir.

TY, there is allot of room for improvement though :).

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Very nice concept, thou there are a few things we should clarify:\
Entil: I think this should exclude any permanent, such as SS and analysis, effect... for obvious reasons.

Cycore:
Let's be clear, you are reducing the frequency of EM and not the amount of, right? What I mean is instead of giving say 900 minerals and 100 EM per 1000 MP, it'd give 930 minerals and 70 EM right? not 900+70

Revered: the guard planet part only applies to the guarded planet, right? I mean you won't be receiving a 20% atk/def buff for EVERYTHING just for guarding planet, right?

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Uy23e wrote:
Very nice concept, thou there are a few things we should clarify:\
Entil: I think this should exclude any permanent, such as SS and analysis, effect... for obvious reasons.
Indeed. Analyse was way to OP to use. id never even think of allowing that to happen. SS is also a no go :)

Cycore:
Let's be clear, you are reducing the frequency of EM and not the amount of, right? What I mean is instead of giving say 900 minerals and 100 EM per 1000 MP, it'd give 930 minerals and 70 EM right? not 900+70

Bingo. ill edit that in. thanks for pointing this out :)

Revered: the guard planet part only applies to the guarded planet, right? I mean you won't be receiving a 20% atk/def buff for EVERYTHING just for guarding planet, right?
Just guarding planets.. ill edit that in also aha :)

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:06 am

Fireblade225 wrote:

Kinda. I was first thinking that each Faction has to earn Faction points, which in the end add upto the total score, the faction with the most points gets the better prize (I was also thinking of rewards for the Factions top ten earners, and to make sure that everyone would have a chance, there would be equally difficult and rewarding tasks for all ranks). Earth would be the primary way to earn these points. It would be like having 4 equally power legions and telling them to hold onto earth for as long as they could. If you like this idea, then i have the whole version already planned in my head :)

Another problem I see arising is there will be a favorite faction which the majority of players will choose most of the high ranks players will all choose the most beneficial faction for there ship and therefore making it almost impossible for any other faction to even think about taking the planet.

This was my greatest fear about factions, so i tried my best to make equally powerful Faction ability's. if you have any better ideas for them then your welcome to suggest them :).

The blue text is my own writing. If you guys like the idea of Faction points being added to my idea, then i have the whole thing planed in my head

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:26 am

I'd like a two part faction point system:
a currency point and a privilege point.
You gain currency points whenever your faction holds the planet, doing something trivial for the sake of the planet as well as anything that gains privilege point

You gain privilege point when you do an activity that significantly and directly aids in the capture or defense of the planet.

Currency points would be like badges while privilege points like medal points(thou it's possible that it can be spent as well as you can gain indefinitely many) in a battle market kind of construct.

Example of trivial vs significant:
defending the planet normally is trivial(and if you guard another planet w/o being disabled first, it wont even count, also limited number of times per day)
actively re-defending planet after being bumped off during a take-over is significant. To qualify you must: redefend the planet at least twice each time within 5 min of reguard cd AND at least 100 disables must have been made against the guards in the last 30 min. Furthermore, the take-over event must fail, that is to say the planet does not change hand for at least 2 hours after you qualify for this condition. For each qualifying re-guard(within 5 min of cd clear) beyond the first during qualifying take-over period(100 disable per 30 min), you will receive credit. In the event that take-over last for more than 2 hours and end up successful, only re-guards before the last 2 hours are counted.
To guard the planet within 10 min of it being captured by your faction is significant.

attacking and disabling a guard is trivial(also limited times per day)
attacking and disabling at least 3 players within the last 10 min of attack before your faction captures it is significant. Points is rewarded for every kill made before the event happens for as long as the time between kills is less than 3 min(against guards only ofc)

invading the planet successfully is, ofc, significant.

In other words, being part of a faction that happens to be winning and does just a little or nothing to help will give you something but not much
But if you really work hard to help, you can get something much better by unlocking them. And this is w/o lvl constraint, even the weakest player can guard a planet(even if they will get killed off fast) when it matters.

Matters can be rather complicated due to the fact that a quarter of the player base can defend at anytime. In the very least, the re-guard cd needs to be increased.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 am

Shi'hal Needs an ability tweek, No one as it stands no one would be them, for a 20% production drop I would need somthing really REALLY good not a temp boost to attack/defense. I like the idea in general though. (how about we switch it? 20% production boost for a 20% attack/defnese drop? )

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 am

I like the abilities/characteristics of the factions for the most part.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]