View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Sheild Chargers and Hull Repair. 

Ok so this might be hiding in higher levels of research I haven't gotten to yet. But it seems there is not way beyond the harmonic resonator to improve shield recharge rates. Additionally hull repairs have to be paid for, which means I have to do it manually.

My concern here is that I don't get to play for a long stretch and so I boost my Def and shield and the like to keep people from killing me. I fend off a few attacks but eventually due to sheer attrition my shields then hull go down, and now I'm vulnerable to raids and hacking. This might have taken 12 hours but since hull has to be manually repaired and shields seem to be a static recharge its simply a matter of time.

I'm not suggesting a quick fix that makes for example manual repairs useless, but just something that over the course of a few to several hours might keep me alive long enough to come back and not find huge chunks of my cargo and research missing.

In the case of hull repair perhaps the upkeep costs on it make it 2-3 times more expensive that a manual repair?

I don't know it's just something i wanted to throw out for consideration.

Sun May 16, 2010 4:57 am

Caleth wrote:
Ok so this might be hiding in higher levels of research I haven't gotten to yet. But it seems there is not way beyond the harmonic resonator to improve shield recharge rates.

I think this is affected by conduits, IDK for sure though.

As for the idea I believe its been suggested that there be a way to turn energy into shields, this could be used as you have suggested. I like it though.

Sun May 16, 2010 5:12 am

@Caleth

I did suggest something about "repairing hull over time". I am not sure how it is going to be implemented in game though, if it ever makes it into the game.

WARNING: OLD POST link only for reference :)
Link to that post http://www.galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=132

EDIT: IF you are the passive type, go for cloak. They can't hit you if they can't find you

Sun May 16, 2010 6:34 am

I think repairs are affordable even at high levels.

1. You have to focus on mining early on to be able to afford anything.
2. Repair nanodrones are very very easy to get with research so if you add some research you can get them
3. The shield repairing artifact is as easy as repair nanodrones to get.

All in all if you add mining + repair its very easy to be able to repair.

Sun May 16, 2010 2:29 pm

i don't think there should be a automatic hull repair. thats what the main benefit of shields are. if hull repaired, who would have shields?

i do want to see a feature to use energy to charge shields. how about converting energy to shields in a 1 shield per 1 energy. it can charge normally for free, or you can toss energy at it at a loss. and if your energy is maxed, it could divert the extra energy to shields.

this could potentially double offline shield generation if the player is energy capped. this could also help players to charge shields in defensive battles. i dont think t would be very useful in offense because offense takes energy and would wipe you out pretty quickly(but may be worth it)

i personally would prefer to pay for hull repairs rather than using energy, but having the option would be really nice.

Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm

hunter wrote:
i don't think there should be a automatic hull repair. thats what the main benefit of shields are. if hull repaired, who would have shields?

i do want to see a feature to use energy to charge shields. how about converting energy to shields in a 1 shield per 1 energy. it can charge normally for free, or you can toss energy at it at a loss. and if your energy is maxed, it could divert the extra energy to shields.

this could potentially double offline shield generation if the player is energy capped. this could also help players to charge shields in defensive battles. i dont think t would be very useful in offense because offense takes energy and would wipe you out pretty quickly(but may be worth it)

i personally would prefer to pay for hull repairs rather than using energy, but having the option would be really nice.

I would love to see a "More power to shields!" option.

Sun May 16, 2010 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]