View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 New Content = boredom 

it's all well and good that dan is coming out with new content to keep many players happy with discovering new challenges. however, the vapid "point and click.click.click" of most of the new content is not only mind numbing and finger cramping, but also is driving high rank players away. i find it ridiculous that i can find more rare and extremely rare NPC's during a legion mission hunt than i can find the so called "uncommon" mission npc's. and then i have to spend a full minute or more of just clicking to kill 1. i've spent an hour just trying to find drones and only found 4, and i need 30? so i have to take roughly (if i'm lucky) 8 hours of insipid clicking in 3 days time to complete the mission. don't get me wrong, i'm happy for the new content and intrigued by the possible rewards, but when i have to spend a "full work day" just to complete a task in a virtual world that provides no real life reward, i'm gonna skip it and go do something else. dan, while your new content is intriguing, the effort to complete it is getting out of hand to the point of giving up. i like this game, i've spent money on this game, i've help train many players to find the joy in this game, but i'm slowly losing the battle of attrition with my carpal tunnel syndrome and attention span. between work, sleep and real life obligations, i just don't have the inclination to spend hours of time clicking away for a small reward. find a way to reduce the clicking or make things more accessible, otherwise you are leading this game to it's boring doom.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 am

For those damn drones, something akin to the grivv would work, a debuff of a sort that takes the same amount of energy to drop it, plus 50% , and then only a few actual clicks to disable.
So its going to cost 1500 + 20 - 40 for the drop.
No experience gained for the debuff, or if dan wants us to rank, which it seems like he does, give a huge bonus for the kill shot.

It is a bit ridiculous that dropping each one is more clicking then locking 90% of alerted ten man elites

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:21 am

How many NPCs are you killing in an "hour of clicking"

I am not suggesting you click furiously for an hour but I will say that most people who "click for an hour" and don't find anything are not actually clicking for an hour.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:00 pm

You will quickly learn that the Raix Megaweapon is your friend. Fill your bt with drones, one click on the ability, 8 clicks later and you're 8 steps closer to completion.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Quote:
but i'm slowly losing the battle of attrition with my carpal tunnel syndrome and attention span. between work, sleep and real life obligations, i just don't have the inclination to spend hours of time clicking away for a small reward. find a way to reduce the clicking or make things more accessible, otherwise you are leading this game to it's boring doom.

Then take some time off. Become a collector.

You can still be an active member of your legion and not actually play the game to any degree that could be construed as "active", and i say that as a Leader who took around 5 months off last year between July - November, and just did a few little things here and there, but by no means was i actively playing the game.

I just speak with my legionmates most of the day. Even now that's all i'm doing, i NPC'd like mad during the Elios event, now i'm in downtime till the next event. Keeps my health in check and my mental state too.

For your own sanity/health, take a break(or lower your activity severely) from the game. If you begin to feel the game drawing you back in to being more active, then at least you know you still enjoy playing the game, if you start to become even less active, then it might show that it's not just how much more "clicky clicky" the game is becoming that is annoying you, but also that you just generally do not enjoy the game anymore(which i know lots of people feel).

The game hasn't changed all that much in the last 2-3 years since bases were introduced into the game(the most clickiest of clicky-clicky activities), and to be honest, there are very few NPC's that require too much clicking IMO. So for me personally, being one of these high ranked players, i'm used to all the clicky-clicky, so that would never ever be a true factor in my quitting this game, should that time arrive.

Last edited by kirkeastment on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Quote:
For your own sanity/health, take a break from the game

Best course, I took a break to get through the last days of college, it helps. Now I'm shackled with 656 Ping and a down speed of 1.71, Nothing in GL is as boring as watching the blue line make it's endless journey

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Chloron wrote:
You will quickly learn that the Raix Megaweapon is your friend. Fill your bt with drones, one click on the ability, 8 clicks later and you're 8 steps closer to completion.

Cool down on this ability? Even if its twenty hours, its going to be only taking care of roughly half the drones. But who is going to fill all 8 npc slots, who can be bothered to fill tem with elites at any point

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Azalin159 wrote:
Chloron wrote:

Cool down on this ability? Even if its twenty hours, its going to be only taking care of roughly half the drones. But who is going to fill all 8 npc slots, who can be bothered to fill tem with elites at any point

It's a 20 hour cooldown, but even so, people be fussing way too much about the clicky-clicky.

There are 3 legion missions with NPC's that have 250k+ hull;

Tenebris Late Timeline - Darmos Games & Silthion Exodrone LM.

In each of those you have to kill 30 NPC's, which is approximately 10 per day. You can use the Raix Megaweapon every 20 hours, so you can easily use it 3x in the 3 days.

Even if you just take out 6 per use(which is easy to do), that just leaves you having to kill 12 of those NPC's yourself over a 3 day period.

Now, all of that said though, what if a person doesn't have the Raix Megaweapon.

Well, there are just 4 NPC's available to the masses that have 250k+ hull, the 3 above and the 4th being the Bralkir Ritualist/Vicar which is 1 every 40 hours.

There are also 16 LM's available, and a whole bunch of follow up LM's too, so realistically, aside from the 1 every 40 hours Ritualist/Vicar Spawn, you only have to kill these 250k+ hull monsters once every 10-20 days? maybe even less frequently than that.

To me, that's not that much of an ask that once every 10-20(or more) days, a person has to make a concerted effort for a LM task across 3 Days, rather than the rinse and repeat that is scanning for your task or a simple click - use energy+artifacts.

----------------------------

Now, to some of the people complaining about the clicky-clicky, I honestly have to ask, what sort of bases do you guys drop daily?

If a simple NPC task that you see once every 10-20 days irks you for how much it makes you click, then surely you guys should be complaining about bases taking too much clicking as well right, as bases are much less rewarding than NPC'ing...

OR are the people complaining either locking glass bases all the time/not used to(or never bothering too) clicking a base for an hour straight to kill it?

-------------------------------------------

Lastly, New Content =/= Boredom.

Boredom is all in the mind, and is usually brought about by one of three things;

The first being, a lack of knowledge of just how extreme the game can be. If you're in a legion that does weak bases all the time(it's great for drops, don't get me wrong) it doesn't teach players how difficult the game can truly be, and so you never learn to play at an accelerated pace.

I hear most people struggle to kill 200-300 NPC's an hour, most players who have been in an accelerated legion(EotS, LoI, PA, GP, CRA) will tell you, if you learn to play at a higher pace alongside more players your own rank range(300/400 either side of your own rank is a great rank range), you subconsciously pick up the pace and can find yourself killing 700+ NPC's per hour, or even as many as 1k NPC's per hour.

The second being, laziness, or if you want to be polite about it, being caught off guard by an aspect of the game that is more intensive than anything you've ever attempted before in-game, and giving up.

The last, and probably most apt for a lot of people, is lack of love for the game. Take a few days off, if you're not drawn back to the game inside a few hours to a day, then i'd say you probably don't really care about the game, and that = boredom.

Last edited by kirkeastment on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:19 pm

The rng shines on us, nabai back to back four times now.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Azalin159 wrote:

Quit skipping legion missions that will give you downtime then ;)

As you can't get back to back LM's unless they're chains. :)

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:33 pm

+1 to sun....even your favorite food loses luster if eaten too often.. occassional breaks will either lead to yearning or realization..both are good results cause they tell you what has the best odds for adding to your holistic happiness.

As far as clicking, i empathize. I spent 8 levels of non-stop npc to get my 30 darmos champions. I feel you pain on the time. I did indeed raix a chunk of them, my issue was more the spawn rate than the e cost. Of course, rng being a wild animal it could have been poor luck.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:15 pm

I agree with Sun. Before I restarted a college course, I was on this game pretty much all day and I was considering quitting. But a move to a new legion and a lack of gaming has made it better. After a full day at college, I just can't wait to see the people who make the game good...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:39 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Azalin159 wrote:

Quit skipping legion missions that will give you downtime then ;)

As you can't get back to back LM's unless they're chains. :)

Not literally back to back, nabai, other LM, nabai, other LM, nabai, other LM, other LM, nabai.
and we've skipped it twice in the middle.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]