View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 double-tap 

Hello.
two awesome ideas for you to consider:
a) An energy battery that stores energy. Ship module. in the Energy slots. If you have excess energy when you are about to rank you can jav it in there. Has a maximum hold of.... (say 10K), every time you deposit X amount, 5% is instantly lost. all batteries also leak. so every hour it looses 1 energy.
b) A weapon overcharge conduit. Ship module. In the Energy slots. For those of us (i am NOT one them i must say!) with tens of thousands of energy, how about if a single attack took more than 5 energy. Say 10 or 11 or 12. But does double the damage. This would be tricky to code as I know there are maxima caps to damage done based upon ranks, decks, attack/defence etc, etc...... but this is an "Ideas" forum so there... have it!

Yours,
The Weasel
Skiboo.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:19 pm

If you were gonna have a battery make it so it's fair... 10k is a bit much for most people.. also 1 energy loss every hour? Nah make it about 50 per hour or even 100. I make 200 an hour.

With the weapon, bases won't last long at all.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:07 pm

a) Energy Batteries: it IS "fair". It is only unfair if I get something you do not or vise versa. If we are all getting the same then it is fair. rank point gives you 2 TOs. this is true for EVERY1 in the game. therefore it is fair. I may think it is overpowered.... but we all get it so that makes it fair.
b) Bases won't last long: it will take half as long to do the same amount of damage. this much is true. this much is the DEFINITION of my power. Hence the inefficiency from an energy point of view. I'm getting bored of the incessant "click-click-click" when attacking certain people/bases. people with low energy will not opt for this. But people with HEAPS of energy will. And if that is annoying you too much you can still limit it further with other items or increased energy penalty or...... you can fiddle and twerk as much as you like..

Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Skiboo wrote:
a) Energy Batteries: it IS "fair". It is only unfair if I get something you do not or vise versa. If we are all getting the same then it is fair. rank point gives you 2 TOs. this is true for EVERY1 in the game. therefore it is fair. I may think it is overpowered.... but we all get it so that makes it fair.

its not really that its only unfair if someone gets it while others dont, but i think its more unfair that not everyone can really benefit from it. High rankers already have tons of energy, and dont really need more, while low rankers usually have energy problems so it wont really be as beneficial to them as people say, rank 400-1000.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:05 am

which is why my initial Energy Leak figure of 1/hour is a nice number. if you have a nasty base coming up or a legion mission or something you know will require PHAT energy you can save it there for a few days and the loss is small......

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:31 am

how bout we just click as intended....if dan had ANY interest in less clicking there are many ways it would have been solved before now.

I like new modules as well, but a battery isn't really necessary....as said high ranks don't need the overflow..i rank with 20-30k in the tank now most levels..and low ranks it wouldn;t really help that much...if your intent is for bases...then that comes back more to your attack..guessing if you need a load more e to attack a base, you probably needa LOT more attack power as well...

All in all -1....like the thought process, but not really a great need for this...also 1 e per hour? c'mon man...my ship regens 225 e an hour....

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:56 pm

make it more than 1/hour then......
i think we have all been at a situation where we level and waste a load of energy....
this solves that problem, all be it at a cost......

Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:18 pm

think cubes and sacs and putting pts into e covers this area....

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:50 am

Skiboo wrote:
make it more than 1/hour then......
i think we have all been at a situation where we level and waste a load of energy....
this solves that problem, all be it at a cost......

at -1 energy pr hour, all it realy does is increasy your total energy storidge with 10K energy, at the cost of 1 energy pr hour

so unless it's more then 225 energy pr hour (new max for energy regain), it's still OP
as you would then simply be able to fill up the battery, and still gain a lot more energy pr hour then what is leaked from it

and no, you dont wast energy on rank up
that energy made sure you could have dispersed on a cluster, used ability that cost energy, used 10K energy on artifacts for a LM etc, etc etc and still get your rank up
and as you didnt gain any exp from that energy, not spending it didnt hurt your ship in anyway.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:50 am

only way I see this ever being in any way a thing is if a new ct lab design eats up 300 energy, a few common artifacts and rewards a slitheon energy sac. I would still -1 that idea though.
as for the double tap absolutely not. You have people with tons of energy and attack who can autorank bases all your doing is doubling the damage/second they can cause.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]