View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Base ability: Alerted swarm. 

Boosts the base's attack and defense by 7% for each loyal Xecti in the legion. Lasts 4 hours, costs 3 Ability Points.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:22 am

I'd like every race and profession to have an ability associated with them for the base.

That said why do you want another attack/defense boost?
We don't need yet another defense boost and attack boost isn't necessary since we currently have a very nice attack buff.
7% is also really high

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:47 am

If not defense and attack, what type of ability do you envision for other races?

For sabs, perhaps an ability that goes something like.....Virus Transmission: the next 3 ships to attack the base are infected with a virus, reducing their base attack by 20% for 15 min. Cannot be removed. (shrugs). Something like that maybe?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:55 am

I like the idea that each race/profession should have something for the base.

While I am not sure an attack/defense buff is the best of ideas, I submit my modification

"for the swarm"

Adds the combine hull/sheilds of all loyal Xenti to the base.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 am

7% boost to both attack and defense for every loyal Xecti would be over-powered I think.

As for draxsiss's suggestion... a thousand times no, unless you wish to make bases impossible to take out for just the price of a single race change.
Even just one reasonably high level player change and the damage required could increase astronomically.
Get locked, change to Xecti Fixer and laugh.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:09 am

The main reason I said 7% was because Xecti are quite uncommon, any lower than 5% would've just made it a worse Dimensional Decoy and 6% didn't seem significant enough of a difference to distinguish itself from Dimensional Decoy which it would inevitably compete with.

As for attack and defense, it was to be more inline with their ship/planet bonus, and attack on a base doesn't seem to matter much, least from my experiences where hull and defense are the biggest priority.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 am

Fenix wrote:
The main reason I said 7% was because Xecti are quite uncommon, any lower than 5% would've just made it a worse Dimensional Decoy and 6% didn't seem significant enough of a difference to distinguish itself from Dimensional Decoy which it would inevitably compete with.

As for attack and defense, it was to be more inline with their ship/planet bonus, and attack on a base doesn't seem to matter much, least from my experiences where hull and defense are the biggest priority.

Yeah, I agree with the attack/defense bonus in line with the race itself, I just think 3% would be a better level given you are increasing both. 7% just seems too high to me.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:39 am

3-4% bonus to attack and Defence semes better when you compair with Dimensional Decoy

Quote:
Dimensional Decoy
Boosts base defense by 5% for each loyal Aerlen member in the legion. Lasts 4 hours.

the bonus to defence should be lower then what you get from Dimensional Decoy, as you are also getting a attack bonus

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 am

Attack is significant when you find the occasional base that can buff their attack to the 150k+ range.

The defense boost doesn't need to be higher because they are more rare. We only see so many aerlen because people want to defend the base. If this ability came out tomorrow then a lot of those aerlen would switch in a heartbeat.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Well, you guys do hold a valid point. 3-4% it is.

(Not that dan implements anything found in this section of the forum anyway, lol)

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]